Search results

1. B

Brenda Dunne has died

Pioneering psi researcher Brenda Dunne has died. Here is a link https://icrl.org/brenda/ to a memorial page set up on the Website of the International Consciousness Research Laboratories, an organization created to archive (and continue) the research of the Princeton PEAR Lab where Brenda...
  2. B

The New Thinking Allowed video series and Web site

I recently discovered a very informative and entertaining video series on YouTube. This series is entitled New Thinking Allowed and is produced by longtime parapsychological researcher and author, Jeffrey Mishlove. This series is similar to the original PBS series, Thinking Allowed, which ran...
  3. B

Meet the Former Pentagon Scientist Who Says Psychics Can Help American Spies

tbone, Thank you for posting this. It is unusually detailed and "balanced" for an article in the mainstream media. I feel it is unfortunate that Joe McMoneagle didn't do well in the demonstration. We all know that even the best remote viewers don't have success 100% of the time, but it would...
  4. B

Films depicting RV

I once saw an episode of Law and Order in which remote viewing played a central role. The plot centered around how a murder suspect "found" the body of a murdered woman. (I believe the woman was his girlfriend, though it's been so long since I saw this I am hazy on the details.) During...
  5. B

Do You Do a Cooldown?

Not voluntarily. However, in February 2005, I participated in Joe McMoneagle's remote viewing workshop at the Rhine Research Center in Durham, North Carolina (see http://www.rhine.org/ ). During the RV exercise portion of the workshop, in which the participants took part in RV sessions, Joe...
  6. B

Do You Do a Cooldown?

I always do a 10 minute "cool down" before remote viewing. I go through a progressive relaxation exercise for about 5 minutes in which, working from my toes all the way to my neck and head muscles, I alternately tighten then relax each muscle. Next, when I am feeling all relaxed, I then...
  7. B

Eight martinis Issue 12 out now!

Daz, What an incredible issue! In-depth interviews with 14 noteworthy individuals in the field of remote viewing. What a treasure trove of insights and fascinating anecdotes. We in the remote viewing community cannot thank you enough for all of the hard work you must have gone through to put...
  8. B

Can RV help find missing pets?

Totalrvnewbie: Since Ten Thousand Roads (TKR) is a remote viewing discussion forum, of course discussions are centered around RV as the best protocol for using "psychic" abilities for real-world applications. However, one can experience psychic functioning without adhering to the strict RV...
  9. B

120+ and remoteviewed.com

Thank you, Jon and Daz, for these very extensive lists of resources. Your hard work is appreciated.
  10. B

Most Helpful Book or guide For RV or other types of RV and some questions

Magiska: The two books which were most helpful to me were (1) Mental Radio by Upton Sinclair ( see the Amazon.com entry at http://tinyurl.com/ok2orwp ) and The Mind Race by Russell Targ and Keith Harary (Amazon.com entry at http://tinyurl.com/me3wol6 ). Mental Radio was written in 1930 by the...
  11. B

I can't access RV Self-Training : missing or off limits

Hi Mike, It took a bit of searching, but I found an active link for the episode of the BBC series, In Search of the Dead, which featured a very successful RV session by a first-time remote viewer. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2grEJPw70 . To set the stage for this: the...
  12. B

I can't access RV Self-Training : missing or off limits

Hi mscir, You've come to the right place. This discussion forum--Ten Thousand Roads (a.k.a., TKR)--is a truly wonderful resource for anyone interested in remote viewing. I can't help you with your question about the RV Self-Training link. One of the moderators, or perhaps P. J.--who operates...
  13. B

Equipment used

Hi allystyle, Several years ago I posted a lengthy article for beginners with tips on how to conduct a RV session. Many people commented that they found it helpful. Here is a link: http://www.dojopsi.info/forum/index.php?topic=4063.msg39688#msg39688 . To summarize: I go through a 10-minute...
  14. B

Estimated Shipping Date on Ed May's new book!

Actually, I'm a little bit pissed to find out about Dr. May's other book, ESP Wars. This is the book I first heard about several years ago during Palyne's "RV Expo" broadcasts here on TKR. So when talk surfaced about May's book being ready, it was the one I expected to find. It would have...
  15. B

The title is: Anomalous Cognition: Remote Viewing Research and Theory. Unfortunately, unlike many entries on Amazon.com, the one for this book does not have the feature to "look inside", i.e., read the table of contents or a preselected number of pages. However, the description for this book...
  16. B

I am now more confused than ever! The entry in Amazon.com has now removed the estimated shipping date of October 31st and replaced it with a line indicating that the book became officially available on August 7th. I don't know what to believe. Anyway, I crossed my fingers and ordered the...
  17. B

The documentary, "The Case of ESP", is now available on YouTube

The two events which got me interested in remote viewing were the 1976 publication of Russell Targ's and Harold Puthoff's Mind-Reach and the 1984 broadcast of an episode of NOVA on PBS entitled The Case of ESP. I found out later that the NOVA documentary was a shortened version of a BBC Horizon...
  18. B

I am glad that the estimated shipping date is the last week in August. When I first read about Ed May's book earlier this year here on TKR, the stated publishing date on Amazon was July 31st. So, when we hit August 1st, I signed-on to Amazon and expected to see that the book was available for...
  19. B

Scientific American article on Rupert Sheldrake

tbone, Thank you for posting this. It is a very interesting read. It just reinforces my opinion that Sheldrake is the true scientist, quietly and confidently going about his business, gradually building up the body of evidence supporting his theories. Meanwhile the hardcore skeptics continue...
  20. B

visions versus RV.

Hi Raine, Welcome to TKR! You will find a lot of great resources about remote viewing here. I don't understand the point-of-view of your original question. Are you saying that you have undesirable visions, and you are worried that trying RV will make the situation worse? Or are you saying...