Anomalies Created By Tornadoes

kburns

Does anyone hava any idea on how soft objects
( wood, straw, etc.) can penetrate hard objects
(concrete, steel stop signs,etc) during a tornado?

I have seen pictures of straw being embedded through
a stop sign and pieces of limbs embedded in concrete,
and the story would say something like: ... this piece of
straw went through and got stuck in this stop sign, because
of the high wind speeds created by the tornado.

I don't know about you, but I find it really hard to believe,
that no matter how fast you would make a piece of straw
go, it would not penetrate, let alone get 'stuck' in a stop
sign.

I've seen pictures of small, thin, pieces of wood
imbedded in concrete, and I think they would just
shatter when contact was made with the concrete.

If it is not speed, than what could possibly make this
anomaly occur? Or do you think that speed, could be the
cause ?

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Good question....

I hope someone plays with a new answer, or is it simple physics...?

If a tornado has a wind speed of 400 mls/hr, then the straw would be traveling at ~586 ft/sec. That is not even as fast as most bullets from a gun....blah blah blah....???? :-/

Interesting that "whirlwind" asked... ;D

BC the EC

K

kboyken

I haven't heard about soft objects penetrating metal, but they sure can penetrate wood. Soft objects can behave like hard objects under the right conditions, and vice-versa. For example, if you apply steady pressure to a lump of clay, it will deform and spread out, but remain a single lump, but if you hit it with a hammer, it will shatter. Glass will shatter if you hit it with a hammer, but over a very long span of time, it flows like water. So, a soft object at high speed probably behaves more like a hard object when it strikes something.

Karl

Damien

Hello Whirlwind.  I do know that the faster something goes the more mass it carries.  This is theorized to be especially true of objects approaching light speed.  These objects are supposed to near infinite in weight.  Thanks to EC we know that the pinestraw is only going 586ft. per sec.  Which is certainly fast although I cant say its fast enough to make that pinestraw gain enough mass for it to penetrate something like metal or glass without breaking it.
    Digressing from that thought I did a cursory search with Google.  Some people out there feel that the tornado disturbs magnetic fields because of its strong spinning action.  Ball lightning is seen in the vacninity of tornadoes often, is a mystery in and of itself.  However, some people theorize that this may even disturb things temporally which could describe why things some times get 'fused' together.  Read some about ball lightning too, its very interesting and I think it parallels those  odd things tornadoes seem to be capable of.  
    This would definitely make a good RV target, although judging from its complexity it may have to be a project.

Curiously
                                                                  Damien

Damien

ooo ooo Another thought, could this spinning action that is possibly disturbing the magnetic field also have some relation to the spinning that some see in UFO's?  Like PJ said there are some that are caught on tape that seem to be drifting in and out of our world fading into smaller shapes and then pulsing back.  

D

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Yea, the spinning does seem to be a good angle to consider.

The UFO thing....I do know that the anti-gravity stuff used for man made UFOs has the spinning take place around the outside of the craft and inside of the spinning is the collection of electrons that help provide the charge needed to nagate gravity as it would normally effect matter. Then, by computer, you control the location of the density of the electrons spinning on the outside to control the direction the craft's gravity field causes it to move within earth's gravity, or, in this case, lack of gravity.

Overall, the tornadic spinning could alter states of matter in the local area....energies could flux such that matter is softer....don't squeze the Charmin...

BC the EC

kburns

Hi Damien, Karl, BC/EC

Some people out there feel that the tornado disturbs magnetic fields because of its strong spinning action. However, some people theorize that this may even disturb things temporally which could describe why things some times get 'fused' together.
It seems to me, that it would have to be more than just the magnetic field that you would have to alter. You could change the magnetic field around a piece of ferrous material all you want and it would not separate atoms,
to allow a piece of straw to be inserted.

ooo ooo Another thought, could this spinning action that is possibly disturbing the magnetic field also have some relation to the spinning that some see in UFO's? Like PJ said there are some that are caught on tape that seem to be drifting in and out of our world fading into smaller shapes and then pulsing back.
These anomalies remind me of a book I once read, called
The Philadelphia Experiment. As I recall, the book was about a Navy exeperiment to try to make a ship become
invisible.

They claimed that something went wrong with the experiment, and it altered the fabric of space and time,
causing sailors and objects to be embedded in the metal
of the ship.

It seems to me that something a lot more mysterious than altering a magnetic field is taking place, when a piece of
straw can penetrate a stop sign.

Read some about ball lightning too, its very interesting and I think it parallels those odd things tornadoes seem to be capable of.
Yeah, ball lightning is interesting. I saw some pics on a
site once in which this guy was creating mini tornadoes
using some form of electric.(maybe a tesla coil)

He believed that a tornado is created by ball lightning or
some other electrical means, and not by atmospheric
conditions alone.