Are we living in a hologram?

Abstract_1dea

I read this a few days ago and I have been thinking about it since then.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20126911.300-our-world-may-be-a-giant-hologram.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

If this pans out it could lead to proof of the smallest "particle" of time.

If my ideas are correct, time is just like light (energy) that it will look like whatever you are measuring it to be, photons or waves.

This is an interesting and surprising result of what seems to be a simple experiment.

Perhaps a window into more dimensions or proof of them. Maybe an explanation of the dark matter/dark energy question.

Dyer's concept that matter and energy is more like a thought or an idea comes to mind too. Is time the same type thing?

I know my thoughts influence what happens around me and around things I am concentrating upon and my perception of time changes as my mind changes. Could people influence it just as the random number generators? Maybe this is the mechanics of how it happens.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Are we all "flat Stanleys?

If we could get more detail of how it works, then could we bend it or break it to our advantage?

When we get to the heart of this, it could be the unified quantum force/matter/energy thing.

it could take over another year to rule out local sources of possible noise but it looks interesting.

Abstract_1dea wrote:
I read this a few days ago and I have been thinking about it since then.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20126911.300-our-world-may-be-a-giant-hologram.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news
And we think We are speculative about RV, how it may work, etc!! We are tame compared to these guys. Planck lengths, graininess of time, 2D holographically projected into 3D, black holes and the conservation of information... But as one of the guys says, this is more an idea than a theory at this point. Hopefully this isn't piling Pelion upon Ossa.

If my ideas are correct, time is just like light (energy) that it will look like whatever you are measuring it to be, photons or waves.
That is considered a duality, particle or wave, depending on the type of measurement made. What do you think the duality is re: time?

Jon

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jon Knowles said:
What do you think the duality is re: time?
Are time and money the polarities of the same thing?

'Cause I never seem to see both of them at the same... time. :( ;D

Abstract_1dea

'Cause I never seem to see both of them at the same... time.
I have seen them together...

but only leaving

;D

Think about it, eight is a concept just as real as any object you can hold in your hand.
You know what it is but it can be 23, 4X2, 2+2+2+2+2, and 4+4,but it is all the same.

Could time, space, energy, matter all be the same thing just like that? All the same only we are looking it different and the way we look at it determines what we see but the thing itself, has the same nature.

So, what is the true nature of this thing that is time, space, energy and matter all at the same time?

Abstract_1dea wrote:
Think about it, eight is a concept just as real as any object you can hold in your hand.
You know what it is but it can be 23, 4X2, 2+2+2+2+2, and 4+4,but it is all the same.

Could time, space, energy, matter all be the same thing just like that? All the same only we are looking it different and the way we look at it determines what we see but the thing itself, has the same nature.

So, what is the true nature of this thing that is time, space, energy and matter all at the same time?
The Multiverse(s)?

I think you chose an apt name - abstract idea, for sure -so abstract I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the idea / expanding my mental grids/categories to make sense of it...

To me, no, 8 is not as real as any object I can hold in my hand. It is 'real' but not in the manifest physical world. And to relate this to RV, I can RV an object I can hold in my hand much better, generally, than an abstract digit (as opposed to say a large wooden object carved in the form of an 8, e.g.)

Just trying to figure out your concept here: if 8 "can be" 4+4, 4X2, 16-8, 24-16...infinite variants...what about time = emit = mite = item. Are these all too "the same" in your sense, other than they all have the same four letters.

This could lead to a long discussion of Platonism, idealism/materialism, etc. but might take us pretty far from RV. :)

Jon

RedCairo

do you ever dream you're someone else?
Jon Knowles said:
Abstract_1dea wrote:
To me, no, 8 is not as real as any object I can hold in my hand.
What if you're holding 8 objects in your hand?

Red Cairo wrote:
What if you're holding 8 objects in your hand?
If you amplify/extend that what if, I'll be able to answer better... Maybe. ;D

(BTW, as it turns out, 8 is one of my two favorite numbers. Wore it playing baskeball.)

(Off topic: $8.88 via PayPal to anyone who can RV my other favorite number. Limit: 3 numbers per person. :)

Jon

Abstract_1dea

The essence of what we call 8 is the same as the others but they are all different forms.

I wonder how a person with synesthesia would see the way the numbers are displayed.

Just like the essence of H2O is water/ice/steam, the essence of what we describe as eight is the same but each has a different perspective. In water, the only difference is energy. Is our universe so different?

If what is evident in the theory and the results of this failed, yet interestingly successful experiment, is true, then we see that there IS a single essence to the time/space/matter/energy universe only the factor that makes it one or another (space or energy or time) is something else.

In the water example, you add energy to make ice to water to steam to plasma.
You take away energy to transform or crystallize it into another form.

In the space/time/matter/energy universe we live in, there may be something else perhaps that determines what form this essence takes. Maybe it is energy just like water. Perhaps it is something else.

As far as what it has to do with RV and the nature of PSI, what we understand as the physical universe and time is actually one thing, one essence and we, being consciousness, (maybe the deciding factor thing) can move around in it to gather information.

If the black hole theory about information never being lost is correct, and it is accepted as such, then we can go anywhere, anytime in the universe and copy that information to our present body since we are actually not just two places at once but everywhere (if there is even such a thing)

It is not that there is no time, it is that there is only one.
if it is that way then the only time we have is now.

Abstract 1dea wrote:
The essence of what we call 8 is the same as the others but they are all different forms.
Again, to explore this: I don't think of 8 as having an essence. :) (more below).

I wonder how a person with synesthesia would see the way the numbers are displayed.
Have you seen the documentary on Daniel Tammet, who does amazing feats with numbers. V.S. Ramachandran tested him and thinks his ability may have to do with synesthesia. I believe the mathematician Roger Penrose also sees numbers in unusual ways, if not synesthetically.
http://philosophymonkey.wordpress.com/2007/05/26/daniel-tammet-the-boy-with-the-incredible-brain/

Just like the essence of H2O is water/ice/steam, the essence of what we describe as eight is the same but each has a different perspective. In water, the only difference is energy. Is our universe so different?
I don't think of H2O as the essence of water/ice/steam. It is a chemical formula, which is one kind of description of what we call water/ice/steam. It may come down to how one thinks of the term "essence". I think the term is useful in a lot of ways but not in describing basic physical (or spiritual) aspects of the universe.

If what is evident in the theory and the results of this failed, yet interestingly successful experiment, is true, then we see that there IS a single essence to the time/space/matter/energy universe only the factor that makes it one or another (space or energy or time) is something else.
I don't understand how the conclusion follows that "there is a single essence" but again, as above, I think this puts too much of a burden on 'essence' so I don't really follow the argument.

In the space/time/matter/energy universe we live in, there may be something else perhaps that determines what form this essence takes. Maybe it is energy just like water. Perhaps it is something else.
What would this something else be?

As far as what it has to do with RV and the nature of PSI, what we understand as the physical universe and time is actually one thing, one essence and we, being consciousness, (maybe the deciding factor thing) can move around in it to gather information.
Not to put philosophers in your mouth, but this sounds a bit Hegelian to me - well, guess I did - in a couple of senses. One is that the Absolute/Spirit (or bringing it down, Mind) is the deciding factor, is primary. Further, ideas are primary and the physical world is secondary. Broadly speaking this may (or may not) turn out to be true (consciousness/God/Mind) is primary over matter/energy/ the physical world), which is a view with some currency now, although no one mobilizes the Hegelian vocabulary, which is just as well :)

Jon

ootwpcs

If you look at a lot of Nassim Haramein's work, he has a lot of great theories behind this, including his unified field theory. I strongly believe in the Universal Hologram theory and a lot of the research I've peered into is quite convincing with this hypothesis.

ootwpcs.

RedCairo

do you ever dream you're someone else?
Jon Knowles said:
Again, to explore this: I don't think of 8 as having an essence. :)
I once merged accidentally with the number four. It was like one of the fundamental building blocks of the universe or something. Mostly completely ineffable and much that can't even pull up to conscious for lack of models.

I don't know if that qualifies as essence or not. I think essence sounds trivial comparatively, maybe...

EricT

Matter and light are the same thing. Matters just a lot slower, and more dense.

Hope that clears it all up for you.