Brain waves from thoughts of sounds used to move cursor

tbone

A cursor on a computer screen can be controlled using thoughts about a range of vowel sounds, research has found.

Brain signals have been translated into motion or even pictures before, but the current research showcases a nascent technique called electrocorticography.

Rest of the story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12990211

Mycroft

Seems like they're getting closer all the time, once an amount of precision has been achieved, how much longer do you think it will take them to be able to back-feed to the subject to get them to act in a predetermined way?

Mycroft

penny

A curser on a computer screen can be controlled using thought/mind without vowel sounds and it is a bit misleading to suggest they are needed.

That "backfeeding you are talking about is "entrainment" of consciousness isnt it ?. The more coherent mind/ domain of consciousnes transmutes the less coherent. Entrains in a predetermined way! It is already happening, R.E.Gs have a "backfeeding" effect on the consciousness of the individual. Because they contain/create a cell that is a "self organising living system" Living intelligence. The effects are positive however.

tbone

The sensors were implanted under the skull so they have a ways to go yet.

Btw, they never said they NEEDED to use vowel sounds they said "Brain signals have been translated into motion or even pictures before, but the current research showcases a nascent technique called electrocorticography."

penny

Apologies, :-X

"Braingate" technologies ?

In relation to the influencing of cursers, We have alot of collected data, photos, videos from our groups 2010 research project. ie: photos of digital pictures drawn by remote influence. The curser moves around the screen leaving a trail and drawing a picture. No brain waves or nerve connections. Its solely mental intention/ kinesthetic engagement. Just like using a computer mouse to sketch a picture except there is no mouse. If you want to see one or two of the photos PM me. What this means is that eventually those who cannot write, speak or communicate will be able to do so digitally through a quantum interface system.

Loraine

Of course I'm genuinely interested ... I've never seen recorded evidence of anything like that. Btw, I wasn't asking or expecting you to post anything, just wanted to know if video was available or not.

Glenda

Hasn't that been around awhile? People with spinal cord injuries being able to manipulate things with their thought brain waves? I don't know much about it, but read a little on it awhile ago.

Glenda

I was looking this up today, and ran across something kind of interesting. Project "blue brain." Who knew? Guess I'm out of touch. Kind of shocked me.

penny

There has been at least 30 years of P.E.A.R research which has evolved into the Psyleron company commercially producing a range of mind interactive products. ie: Mind Lamps, Psyleron Robot and even small Portable R.E.G units that you can plug into your own computer to conduct/design your own experimental research.