Cannabis and Rv

Negrodamus

I have read on several places on the internet that out of all the mind altering substances tested, marijuana is the only one that has a negative effect on remote viewing. Why is this?

I personally have a friend of mine who is a damn good viewer, and he smokes cannabis on a weekly basis, it doesn't seem to effect his abilities.

As I have been remote viewing these last 7+ months, I have smoked from time to time and found no drop in my rv'ing consistency, accuracy, or precision.

I am beginning to believe that maybe that marijuana might not have as much negative effects on rv'ing as previously thought.

Does any one have any first hand experience or scientific studies done on this subject?

Thanks

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Some problem rest with how to measure any affects. I mean taking an objective measure of anyone’s RV abilities is difficult enough. How do you then measure for using or not using marijuana while controlling for other influences that take place during the testing period such as life’s general ups, downs, and upsets that might also affect one’s work at any given moment?

If I’m not mistaken the researcher/ scientist Charles Tart has done some study and publication on marijuana use and was/is also involved in the remote viewing field, so perhaps he might be a source of objective information. I think P.J. may know Dr. Tart, (She seems to know most everyone) perhaps she might have some input or knowledge of the subject.

Gene Smith

Negrodamus

Coincidentally I already emailed Mr. Tart on the same subject and I am awaiting his response.

I could easily see how being high on thc could easily inhibit rv abilities, but having in your systems days or weeks later I don't think has any measurable affect. But I would be most interested to see real studies.

Mycroft

Negrodamus said:
I am beginning to believe that maybe that marijuana might not have as much negative effects on rv'ing as previously thought.
Just an opinion and not from experience or study. I believe you (we) might have been told anything so that the two are not associated. NOT saying it is true but even if it improved viewing do you think you would see any official written word of it by an authority or notable?

See even in the 'Free World' we are not at liberty to experiment with our own consciousness. If they ever nuke the atmosphere with an active grid of electron particles you'll find out what it really means to be a 'dead head', when you RV you're likely to get a blank or orange screen and not much else.

A better source of information MAY be those that use it for religious practices, what do they see?

Discretion, always discretion, remember that. Not only did they shoot Indians for Ghost Dancing they've also shot Quakers, and Shakers..always discretion, when dealing with Ethnobotany and altered states.

Mycroft

pigeon

Mycroft makes a valid point.
I personally think we should all push our own boundries,within our lifestyles and experiment to find our own 'best conditions'
As Gene rightly points out it would be near impossible to regulate experiments,with all the differing factors to take into consideration...
I personally have tried rving under several different conditions,with varying results.Also what gets good results one day ...may not on another...
Ultimately if you can rv better after a joint or a glass of wine, then maybe these are your optimum conditions.....
You alone are the best judge of this !! :)

Joe_Black

I expect anything that reduces focus such as lack of sleep, excess of caffine, alchohol, is bad for viewing.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Negrodamus said:
I have read on several places on the internet that out of all the mind altering substances tested, marijuana is the only one that has a negative effect on remote viewing.
I have not seen any evidence that is true. I believe anything which affects you can affect your sessions -- even dehydration, vitamin deficiency, amount of sleep, physical pain, or smaller drugs like sugar, caffeine.

But there's a couple things to consider, like

a) A person can have a good session under bad circumstance. They can be badly tasked on the wrong coordinates and given messed up feedback and still have a good session; what affects a viewer positively or negatively can only be "generalized", because the specifics of a given session are really anybody's guess.

b) A person could do well on a session despite several factors but maybe that's because of their particular focus strength, or their experience at adapting to that issue, or maybe they'd have done even better without a given factor(s); who knows?

c) There are other factors that may relate to specific targets/tasks including entropy, familiarity, LST/SW, tasking issues, feedback and psycho-social issues, which "can" (not necessarily will/must) have a positive or negative effect. So sometimes those factors are all on the good side and might help outweigh some negative things.

d) In the end it means there is no easy way to measure "what" causes a session to go well or badly. So far there is only one thing that seems fairly clear about that: "Intention, Attention and Expectation" (as a research paper and presentation by May and McMoneagle once discussed).

A very good and experience viewer is likely to do better when influenced by (check one option) simply because they're starting from a better place to begin with.

Putting an emphasis on what makes you healthy is probably a good path. In reality, it doesn't help if I don't get wasted before session if I'm sleeping through it instead because I'm sleep deprived, for example! There are many degrees of nutrition, exercise, meditation, and the overall health and well-being of a viewer that probably contribute in positive and negative ways to session results.

I'm glad to view well when healthy and straight. Good luck to anybody hoping to do well when wasted. ;D

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
PS I see while I was typing that, Joe Black was reading my mind, and . . . :D

Negrodamus

My question is not about being high an remote viewing. My question is about if thc was ingested lets say 1 week ago, would the residual thc in your system effect an rv session, that's what I'm interested in. I think it would be obvious that rv'ing high or drunk would be a no no.

blackcat

Well was the research done on people who had JUST smoked and were high as a kite and so busy looking at the pretty lights twinkling on the pretty equipment that they just forgot to do anything useful? Or was the research done on someone who smokes once a week or so but not today. Or was it done on people who always smoke every day and so have developed a sort of tolerance for it and can still mostly function from day to day but whose brains may have become somewhat long term toasted around the edges. I knew some people who smoked every day and although marijuana is not considered greatly addictive by nature, some people do get addicted and they seemed to me to be sorta just plain stupid from day to day, especially when it came to short and long term memory issues.

All of these situations might lead to different research results. And in the case mentioned originally of a person who smokes regularly and also views, unless the person also viewed when NOT smoking for a long time, and then compared those results with times when he/she did smoke regularly, we will never know how much the smoking is affecting the viewing. No one ever said marijuana PREVENTS viewing, only that it could affect it.
-Eva

Negrodamus

There are so many factors blackcat, you are right. There is a difference between a casual smoker and a straight pot head. From my own experience both smoking and rv'ing and going on a 3 month hiatus from smoking and rv'ing, I didn't see any difference in my performance. It was exactly the same. I also take etherium gold which is a monatomic supplement, maybe that is allowing my brain to fire optimally, even with thc in my system, who knows.

I have seen some stupid pot heads, you can tell they get baked way too often, they are just retarded. Same thing with drunks too. Some one who drinks casually and an alcoholic are complete different people.

Obeyone

What Joe Black said is quite right, & permit me to expand on it. One of our main "enemies" in RV'ing is our imagination pumping in "noise" or sidetracking us. The THC & any other mind effecting drug be it natural or synthetic will do that. The more recent or the more frequent the usage the more deleterious effect there will be. One may have a "good" session, but how sure can you be that it REALLY was a good session? Is your measure that you "saw" a lot (which could be just imagination), or that the definitive feed back showed a definite high degree of accuracy?

I know from my contact with Kabalists, some of whom have teacher to student tradition of RV'ing etc for over 2,000 years, say that any substance that alters the minds perceptiveness or state will cause the imagination to cloud over & interfere with the ability to get true results, at least to some extent. They say that it also tends to make one more vulnerable to being sneaked up on by dark side entities/influences & be unable to differentiate & therefore get in their power, sneaky sneaky bit by bit. The only mind altering influences that are safe are your own inner work, music (which should be chosen very carefully so as not be dark side stuff either), voice tracks, movements (e.g. Swirling, Chi Gong etc), repeating "mantras" (you can make up your own too), good gentle natural scents & the like.

Best to you all
Obeyone
May the force be with you

blackcat

Probably, I would guess that binaural beats could be useful as well if the beats match the mind of the user. Those could count as sounds or music.
-Eva

Mycroft

Obeyone said:
I know from my contact with Kabalists, some of whom have teacher to student tradition of RV'ing etc for over 2,000 years, say that any substance that alters the minds perceptiveness or state will cause the imagination to cloud over & interfere with the ability to get true results, at least to some extent.
Kabbalists you know or have you studied? The Kabbalah itself teaches that we should not only seek the light but raise the vibrations of every thing and every one. Do you know any skinny Jewish people? Not many I know of one or two. Our purpose is to elevate the vibration of everything around us. Kabbalists are not opposed to using wine and other mind altering materials to meet that objective.

Lets not forget the Hopi of the American Indians or the indigenous Shamans on every continent on the globe used mind altering teacher plants to survive, know where the game was, know what plants should be used for healing, etc.

Everything has its place and time.

Mycroft

Obeyone

Mycroft said:
Obeyone said:
I know from my contact with Kabalists, some of whom have teacher to student tradition of RV'ing etc for over 2,000 years, say that any substance that alters the minds perceptiveness or state will cause the imagination to cloud over & interfere with the ability to get true results, at least to some extent.
Kabbalists you know or have you studied? The Kabbalah itself teaches that we should not only seek the light but raise the vibrations of every thing and every one. Do you know any skinny Jewish people? Not many I know of one or two. Our purpose is to elevate the vibration of everything around us. Kabbalists are not opposed to using wine and other mind altering materials to meet that objective.
Have studied for about 40 years, including "Maasit" & Prophetic Kabalah. Yes we & my teachers seek & work to raise vibrations, so what's new? "Skinny Jewish people ... . Not many .." I can't vouch for where you are & who you know, but I personally know many, even hundreds. I myself am 5'11 (180 cm) & weigh 63 kilogram fully dressed. Is that skinny enough for you? BTW did you know that in many cases obesity is triggered by some deep fear & the mind/body develops a "defensive wall". Anyhow aside from attacking a particular segment of society what does being thin or fat have truly to do with the subject matter of this thread??

Real Kabalists use alcoholic beverages for mind altering on a VERY LIMITED basis, & before using it have gone through years of refining their personality desires etc so to assure that there is no baseness inside to open a door for improper tangents or attachment of dark siders when they use it. They don't let themselves get really drunk & the mental/emotional/spiritual preparations put their drinking in MUCH DIFFERENT field than the average or even above average person. As for "other mind altering materials" whoever ever told you about that sold you a lot of baloney. I personally know of men who were expelled from Kabalist study halls for using marijuana etc.

The white man's misunderstanding of the Hopi medicine men, or for that matter of the Sioux or Apache etc is not worth bothering with. As for shamans I don't even relate to them, & their filed is NOT the same as the Sioux Wanka men. The Cherokee I learned from did not use those substances, & taught that his people learned of game & medicinal plants via non-drugged communing with The Great Spirit.

That there were/are those who use them, of course there are. But it is not mandatory & not everyone uses them.

Obeyone
May the Force be with you

Mycroft

Obeyone said:
Anyhow aside from attacking a particular segment of society what does being thin or fat have truly to do with the subject matter of this thread??
Don't get it all over yourself! If you were truly a Kabbalist you would have known about raising the vibration and energy of everything you do and EAT. I am above 'attacking *this* particular segment of society' because I actually took the time to learn and understand. I believe you've wasted 40 years.

The white man's misunderstanding of the Hopi medicine men, or for that matter of the Sioux or Apache etc is not worth bothering with.
Whoa now! You don't know if I'm green or purple do you? Nor would you know the spirits that walk within me. Don't go trashing my intelligence puppy, you have no idea.

As for shamans I don't even relate to them, & their filed is NOT the same as the Sioux Wanka men.
Then you don't quite have a grasp on things do you?

The Cherokee I learned from did not use those substances, & taught that his people learned of game & medicinal plants via non-drugged communing with The Great Spirit.
There you go again, you didn't learn from a true adherent to their belief systems the Cherokee are one of the principal users of peyote.

Ok, I won't pick on you, you've only got a small picture. Your peripheral view of the world around you needs expanded, that will come with time.

Microft

hellcord

Ed Dames says in one of his training videos that thc brings the quality of viewing way down, but we all know how reliable Ed Dames info can be :D

Personally I smoke Salvia D. and I think the Salvinorin inside actually improves viewing ;D

Negrodamus

I personally feel that the abuse of mind altering substances can is is very bad for the body, and anything bad for the body is probably bad for the mind, which in turn is bad for rv'ing since it's a mental skill.

I am not a full on smoker, I will smoke maaaaybe 1-3 times a month if that, with friends socially. But I obstain from drinking or any tobacco products, I don't like using addictive substances.

Ayahuasca and marijuana are the only substances I will do from time to time.

I personally feel it all depends on what kind of rv'er one wants to be. If you just are a hobbyist or a casual rv'er then it's probably okay to use drugs like alcohol, tobacco, caffine, marijuana etc... in moderation.

But if one is an rv professional one needs to be stringent with rv like you are an athlete training for the olympics. Anybody will agree, that an olympian is different from someone who goes to Bally's 3-4 times a week to stay fit, they are completely different animals. If one wants to be in top rv performance, I believe abstination from all recreational drugs is essential, at least during training periods, one your down time, well, you see what olympians do after the olympics ;).

When it comes to mind altering substances, cultures definitely plays a big role. In indigenous cultures the usage of entheogenic substances is permitted and encouraged like ayahuasca and peyote. In the west such things are frowned upon, but tobacco and alcohol are acceptable.

Over all I guess my best recommendation is not to use substances that will damage your body. I may may abstain from marijuana permanently and just stick to ayahuasca and possibly try peyote since these substances have been proven to not damage the body long term, and actually promote health both psychologically, spiritually, and physically.