Can't post full text to forum

In the ARV section, I tried just now to post some text in a topic I created. The board accepted the topic and the post but printed only two lines (out of 50 or so).

I could not upload an image to go with it. (The latter happened as well a few days ago when I tried to post.)

Cheers,
Jon

Same thing today. Tried transferring to Notepad first, then pasting in. Tried deleting URL's from text. Tried posting in another section of TKR.

The Preview shows the full text, but after saving, only the first 2 lines show up.

Here, 3 lines makes it easily. I will try to post using my laptop and see what happens.

Later today: This is extremely odd. If I delete dashes from the text, then the forum accepts lines up to the next dash. But then a comma also made the text cut off.

Any moderator know what might be going on?

Jon

Marty Rosenblatt gave a presentation on Applied Precognition Project statistics at the APP Conference/Workshop in New Orleans, June 22-25, 2015.

Our results from Forex trading during the APP Conference were 4 hits, 1 miss, 1 pass

The above is how it posts in the ARV section and here as well. The preview shows the full post; then the forum truncates the post.

Marty Rosenblatt gave a presentation on Applied Precognition Project statistics at the APP Conference/Workshop in New Orleans, June 22-25, 2015.

Our results from Forex trading during the APP Conference were 4 hits, 1 miss, 1 pass; an 80% hit rate. This meant a 25% increase in investment for those who put money into the pot. About 30 viewers were submitting quick sessions, which were scored using the SRI/Targ scale by 4 to 5 judges who were not viewing. A strong preponderance on one side led to making a trade. As in previous years, we had a very high hit rate in New Orleans; perhaps it

Here the text made it as far an apostrophe ("it's"). I had removed two "offending" hyphens. Had also pasted the text in from Notepad, rather than directly from Word.

In looking at an old thread, I see that when the new forum went up, it didn't like some of the punctuation marks on the old board.
For example:

"Intent: I’ve decided t"

Here the apostrophe in "I've" (which I see I can type here) was replaced with junk. My posts are getting truncated when I paste in a lot of text; the truncation comes at the punctuation (at least sometimes).

Jon

Janine B

Is TKR still having problems or is it in full working mode now? I've noticed that there do not seem to be very many posts at present... not sure if that is because people don't realize it is back up or because they are uncertain it is working properly or for some other reason...

Lu

Jon K said:
In looking at an old thread, I see that when the new forum went up, it didn't like some of the punctuation marks on the old board.
For example:

"Intent: I’ve decided t"

Here the apostrophe in "I've" (which I see I can type here) was replaced with junk. My posts are getting truncated when I paste in a lot of text; the truncation comes at the punctuation (at least sometimes).

Jon
The encoding changed to UTF-8 from a latin-ci-se, so some old posts may display gibberish. Not sure about the truncation, seems to work fine now, but I want to know if that persist, and under which conditions.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I forwarded you an email from John on it Lu, hopefully he can give more info. PJ

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Resolved: Re: Can't post full text to forum

OK sounds (in email) like this is resolved now, yay! Thanks for the feedback Jon.

PJ

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Updating forum

I'm working on it. I may have to shut down auto-registration entirely and require anybody who registers send an email requesting approval. I don't like doing that, but at this point nobody can keep up with the spam attacks and we're having software issues that mean it's not easy for the staff to do the normal maintenance, either.

Working on cleaning some of it out tonight...

PJ