"Change Theme" option.

pigeon

Thanks PJ,

Loving the new ability to change the theme.....I,ve gone for Extreme6, though being a dinosaur I have,nt yet made it permanent :)

psilentone

Well I tried the extreme 6 but I found out that I missed the "view the last posts on the forum" thread.
I also was once again frustrated by the lack of ability to ad and avatar.
So I am back to the ol blue n gold.
Please add pics... ;D

RedCairo

do you ever dream you're someone else?
You're saying the Extreme6 (black) them does not let you add an avatar? I will investigate but that doesn't sound logical to me, as themes have nothing to do with basic forum functionality. A theme may cause you to see or not see something more clearly than others but it will not change anything about what you can "do". If you had some problem, it had nothing to do with the theme I am pretty sure.

Btw why is this on the RV hands-on/theory board??? I am moving it to the help board.

PJ

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
psilentone said:
Well I tried the extreme 6 but I found out that I missed the "view the last posts on the forum" thread.
Not sure how the theme affects this point either. However please note that we have added the last dozen posts at the bottom of the forum for those who want a quick trip to what's new.

Best,
PJ

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
LOve Babylon theme :)

nice work guys n gals.

daz

Palyne.....The classic TKR Blue and Gold theme has dropped off my list of available themes. That was my favorite--can you put it back?

Just my opinion, but I find dark colored themes to be off-putting, even menacing. In addition, I find some of the text hard to read. If it were up to me, I would restore the classic TKR Blue and Gold theme as the default, while making the Extreme6 theme available as a selection.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
No, so very sorry, can't bring them back. There are four themes available:

Babylon, which is light/white
SMF default, which is light blue
Classic YaBb, which is light+blue
Extreme6 which is black.

The black is for visitors and introduction -- I do not expect anybody to try and read on that, hence there is a theme changer on every page of the forum so people can easily switch to what they like (although they could always do this via their profile, this makes it easy and more up-front). The minute you log in, the forum is in the theme you have set.

We are going to be using the simple portal software to expand a website from/within the forum itself, and I need everything to be standardized. The TKR Blue and TKR BlueGold were manually customized themes I'd made, and I needed to get rid of them so I would be using clean official themes, that are easy to upgrade as our forum version upgrades, and do not require tons of my personal time to manually muck about in the php code.

Funny, as many people as who bitched about how the tan and light blue were ugly over time, you'd figure the minute I removed it someone would say it was their favorite LOL! ;-) Anyway -- there are THREE themes that are variations on 'light' and 'light blue' so I'm sure there is something in there you'll find clean and readable.

Right now the forum software v1.1.9 is taking forEVER to get v2 into 'stable' mode, and a lot of theme and mod authors have nearly given up on the current stable version altogether, preferring to spend the time on the one growing rather than the one designed for obsoletion as soon as v2 is live. Our forum is just too much stuff to use a version that isn't stable alas. So I had to put off some design stuff because the custom pages app I wanted to use only works for v2 until its author has mercy and makes it work for the 1.x series. When we upgrade to v2 finally, we will probably have a lot more theme options that are cool and clean, so we will probably add a couple more options when that time comes and feel welcome to make suggestions!

Best,
Palyne

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, P.S.: I might consider making a lighter theme the default after July. Everything we're doing for the expo is based on a black theme so I want to keep that for this. I use Babylon or Classic myself and might make one the default once July is over. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it a lot! Palyne