Chorio(... I think thats how it's spelled)

GhostX

Bo Staff
In my martial arts school there is a form called Chorio and In the beginning part there is a brief meditation stance where you hold your hands infront of yourself as if you are holding a ball of energy(they call this "catching the sun") then you burst off into double knife hands to the left. While I was doing the form not that long ago I realized that I could make a psi ball in that stance. It would make the form very interesting if I could create a psi ball and make a great rush of wind go around the room after I started. Is it posibol. We usualy only stay in this stance for maybe 5-7 seconds so maybe not but a quick psi ball would work... if there is such a thing.

Ghoul

cyberyoyo wrote:

I think you watch a bit too much anime, get real.
notgonnahappen3vm.png

Not gonna happen, chump!

R

restful

Is he supposed to look like Homer Simpson? He does. I've never seen the show. I like the Family Guy--I want to have Stewie someday.

Are either of those shows considered anime? ???

Restful :p

apache

If you want wind... the window's the thing!   Also - brussels sprouts. ;D

Seriously tho - have you tried looking into Zen?  It's the backbone of marshal arts.  A few books on the topic might help you progress in your classes.

Apache.

oop38290

In my martial arts school there is a form called Chorio and In the beginning part there is a brief meditation stance where you hold your hands infront of yourself as if you are holding a ball of energy(they call this "catching the sun") then you burst off into double knife hands to the left. While I was doing the form not that long ago I realized that I could make a psi ball in that stance. It would make the form very interesting if I could create a psi ball and make a great rush of wind go around the room after I started. Is it posibol. We usualy only stay in this stance for maybe 5-7 seconds so maybe not but a quick psi ball would work... if there is such a thing.

Use your index and middle fingers to form a "finger sword" not the V shape though LOL, swing your arm around "gently" a few times(if you swing too fast you may as well create wind by brute force, LOL) with intention to summon wind, it may just works.

P.S. Usually the wind you summoned usually is not strong enough to cool you down.

GhostX

Bo Staff
Ok, I was trying not to ask a stuped question but aparently I have failed. I'm not into anima for your information and I dont even know where I would even get any. It was just a thought I had once and I saw that there was a meditation part that looked like you could make a psi ball in it so...

Aren't Chorio and Kum-Gan complicated enough without having to worry about psi balls? I think you could practice that form for years without running out of things to fine tune. How about blowing back a bystander's hair with your stopping power instead of psychic wind? That's probably a better sign of your ability. You really should be thinking about the form and what your body is doing, instead of playing with your balls.

apache

Never mind Ghost. You're not the only guy who has wanted to be able to manifest wind, light or heat - whatever. There are occult practises that mention the creation of light. Maybe if you checked that out it might satisfy your desire to bring something without logical explanation into this world.

Apache.

cyberyoyo

Sorry if my previous answer sounded harsh.
Your question wasn't stupid but I think nobody here knows how to manifest PSI Balls or wind.
We don't even know if it is possible to do this ,because as far as I know, the only source for this kind of stories is from japanese cartoons and comic, and the cinema. Which isn't a good way to start learning things in real life.
If you are really intterested in that, I encourage you to research these abilities by yourself, you might get some results with dedication and seriousness, but I doubt you'll receive good directions form the internet. The only way to progress in the supernatural matters is to trust only yourself.
Otherwise if you want to learn how to fight, you shouldn't mix it with fantasy. Learn how to receive blows and how to give them, and to negociate socially with the opponent to avoid combat,that will be useful.

LD

Staff member
Otherwise if you want to learn how to fight, you shouldn't mix it with fantasy. Learn how to receive blows and how to give them, and to negociate socially with the opponent to avoid combat,that will be useful.

I've seen QiGong competitions where men and women did some amazing things that many would consider fantasy. Many train in martial arts not to learn how to fight but to reach to fulfil thier personal human potential. I've seen twelve year old Shoalin monks do a hand stand, balancing strait up in the air on the tips of just two fingers. They are not taught such things because it will look cool to land like that after you flip kick someone in the head, but for personal mastery of ones body and energy. I don't think it's fair to dismiss out of hand the possiblity or usefulness of affecting external elements with internal energy as fantasy. Especially from this forum, wich is dedicated to something that masses consider fantasy.

Best,
Larry

Yes...

I'm with apache in that you should pursue it. I'm with cyberyoyo that you should keep your psi ambitions seperate from your martial arts (at least on the surface) so that you know for sure what you can and cannot do. Little is worse than overestimating your ability to fight and then finding out you're in over your head. ...and we learn it so we don't have to use it.

However, if you DO figure out how to make psi balls, you probably don't need us, but please come back and teach us how to do it. You might not want to do it in class, or you may be surprised at how your social environment changes.

That brings up a question that may be worthy of a new topic...

cyberyoyo

I've seen QiGong competitions where men and women did some amazing things that many would consider fantasy. Many train in martial arts not to learn how to fight but to reach to fulfil thier personal human potential. I've seen twelve year old Shoalin monks do a hand stand, balancing strait up in the air on the tips of just two fingers.
I agree with you , the principal interest of martial arts isn't defense, but self-control and mastering of one's own body. That is a noble goal and one woth pursuing.
As for the shaolin monk's handstands, these are great feats, but nothing to do with supernatural powers or "internal energy" , rather long acrobatic trainings. I have studied martial arts for a long long time including ten years of kung-fu and I even went to learn some moves in Shaolin. The students spend at least 6 hours training everyday.
The shaolin monks don't teach anything supernatural, their principal quality is to be pragmatic, an important buddhist trait. These guys aren't against a good fight from time to time and you have better be prepared because they hit hard.
I'm not saying that I don't believe in the possibility of physical power (although all the shaolin "superhuman" demonstrations are mostly cheap tricks and great physical training), but if one wants to pursue this goal, he shouldn't give too much credit to what can be seen in the cinema and on television. Rather start by mastering one's own body and progress slowly step by step to something that can be learnt for real.
And also learn to fight like a man for, you know, when the wind trick doesn't come out.

LD

Staff member
The wind trick usually seems to come out about half an hour after I eat Chinese food. ::)

oop38290

Ok, I was trying not to ask a stuped question but aparently I have failed. I'm not into anima for your information and I dont even know where I would even get any. It was just a thought I had once and I saw that there was a meditation part that looked like you could make a psi ball in it so...

GhostX,

The method of summoning wind I mentioned is not related to QiGong or Kung Fu, I was taught this method by someone who did craft of summoning spirits/gods when I was 12/13 years of age (I used this method when there was no wind or not strong enough wind to fly my kite, well it worked sometimes or was it coincident or luck? may be lol)? Well right after I posted the reply I tried it myself again (haven't done for many many years), I did get a tiny bit of airflow (well that's arguable, lol) anyway this method works or not is not a great deal to me. But then, when my hand touched my computer's mouse after that my computer just rebooted itself. Geez...., I won't do that again or I will break my PDA or something....

apache

I heard a strange story years ago about a foreign student who came to study at the university. He talked about such things to fellow students and was mocked for it. He then went to a balcony window and proceeded to 'chant and dance' - they said. Within seconds of him beginning his ritual the skies began to change and the wind got up - culminating in a torrential downpour of rain, thunder and lightening. Quite spectacular! It's a second hand story of course, but those students became firm believers in the power of a good rain-dance.

Apache.

oop38290

I heard a strange story years ago about a foreign student who came to study at the university. He talked about such things to fellow students and was mocked for it. He then went to a balcony window and proceeded to 'chant and dance' - they said. Within seconds of him beginning his ritual the skies began to change and the wind got up - culminating in a torrential downpour of rain, thunder and lightening. Quite spectacular! It's a second hand story of course, but those students became firm believers in the power of a good rain-dance.

I think those magics do "work" sometimes but sometimes they simply won't "work", LOL. Coincident? Luck? Chance? do your own judgement :)

lizzie

My first novel is now in print..gotta tell someone
If you concentrate on the back of a person's neck while sitting behind them on a bus, train, or similar, it is possible to send energy which feels like wind onto the back of their head and make their hair move.
You drawn energy into a ball inside you and project it through the third eye region. I often amuse myself on long journeys by doing this. You know when you have made a 'hit' because the person will brush their hand down their head, or turn around.
Try it, it works!

Lizzie

OK. I'm slow in coming around, but I'm sorry about the biting comments. Reading Paracelsus and some other recent experiences have helped me realize that I was being a bit of a belief Nazi. Bad Nazi. Bad.

Good luck.