Courtney Brown's "Big Announcement"

Kiara

Daz, please watch this video... it has a non-alien theory that includs the water seen on the missions you've made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8

And this video has the conventional aproach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiic6BoleQ

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
Kiara,
tis sad when a person cant debate and has to result to petty insults?
You present theories, which are just like the theories that predate them about a slave/master relationship - there is as yet NO 100% solid evidence on any of this as far as the pyramids go. I present a statement from a famed greek historian (about slaves) and you come back with a petty insult????

Look, if you are a student of history then by all means download the raw sessions from here: http://www.farsight.org/demo/Mysteries/Mysteries_7/Mysteries_Project_7_Sessions.html
analyze them against the taskings and the feedback as you know it, and present your interpretations of the data - after all Courtney's video is only his interpretation - if you know better, show us - I for one would read it.

But please dont waste my time with petty insults.

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
Kiara,
Daz, please watch this video... it has a non-alien theory that includes the water seen on the missions you've made.
this is fine but these are only theories, right? - neither of these has been been proved.

I'm not saying my RV data is proof either - its just another piece of data into the mix i am afraid. But you seem to be saying absolutes here when your comeback are also only theories.

ALSO - I never once said Alien in my session data for this project this is 'mainly' Courtney interpretation - read the ACTUAL sessions/data then comment!
My data does indicated a technologically adavance race interactiing and so on - but I didnt say ALIEN - in CRV I wouldn't be allow to name anything.

Daz

Mycroft

Others are doing well enough to counter the disinformation in the video, so I only have this to offer at this point.

http://www.livescience.com/1554-surprising-truth-great-pyramids-built.html

Thanks for the adventure, yawn, time to turn the channel.

Mycroft

Kiara

Daz Smith said:
Kiara,
tis sad when a person cant debate and has to result to petty insults?
You present theories, which are just like the theories that predate them about a slave/master relationship - there is as yet NO 100% solid evidence on any of this as far as the pyramids go. I present a statement from a famed greek historian (about slaves) and you come back with a petty insult????

1 - Until the late 19th century there is no real historical research and most data presented as been made by historians before that time must be read very carefully because they are not 100% acurat and most of the time are influenced by strategical and political interests.

2 - You must remember that he greek society was a slavery society, it would be almost unnatural (and not not very good for the health) for any writer to say that in a another country free man did slave work... it would be against the status quo.

3 - I didn't insulted any one. I'm sorry if you thought that my intention. I'm just defending my point of view, the same way you are defending yours.

Look, if you are a student of history then by all means download the raw sessions from here: http://www.farsight.org/demo/Mysteries/Mysteries_7/Mysteries_Project_7_Sessions.html
analyze them against the taskings and the feedback as you know it, and present your interpretations of the data - after all Courtney's video is only his interpretation - if you know better, show us - I for one would read it.

Now, with the end of school term coming to an end, I do not have time for that. But I will take a look at it during the Ester School Break and will give an historical interpretation. But only for your sessions. (I'll do it for you and not for the institute).
This is a work that should have been made from early on by the institute... on all their RV in to the past sessions.
I wonder why it wasn't...

Solaris

I think it may be not very straightforward to get the desire impact with this very short video on you tube. It's a bit sketchy ( I am not using "sketchy" in relation to the RV sessions!, please don't feel offended, just generally to the video feeling) at some places and suddenly jumping to very remote big conclusions, just not balanced but it's not always easy to balance things doing it with passion. I liked series of Courtney's videos about RV technique and I think Courtney can be convincing ( gently, no hard sale).

Kiara, there is something you may be interested to see as you asked about historical sources. I think this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWCRliG4Rg is interesting at least for me a non historian as the alternative view point. I am not saying that I am buying it all but just interesting.

Subtitles...yes this is something difficult to comprehend why the heck people can't get it even if I can, but at the same time I can't understand dialects in my own language so I am not any better. Any linguist here to explain why is that? ( sorry, off topic)

sharp

Thank goodness Courtney enlightened us with the"seeders" doing the "cheerleading" to get us to question all of this. Clearly this is Kiara. ::)

Just playing of course.

Courtney has now posted this:

Perhaps this is a good time to emphasize some things. First, the build up to the announcement was not an "oversell" in my opinion. It was exactly correct. Most of the world does not know about remote viewing. Recognizing it is real will truly change this planet. With that recognition will come the recognition of so many findings that have been discovered using remote viewing. It will revolutionize almost everything that is taught in schools in nearly all fields. Nothing will be the same. Second, the announcement truly does speak to the subject of human history in ways that it is not currently understood. It does not matter that certain fringe elements think similar thoughts. That does not make it "well known." The mainstream is totally in denial. And that change in thinking will affect everything else. Finally, the announcement adds deep understanding about the relevance of extraterrestrial contact and intervention in our human past. Any one of these three things would warrant the claims of importance that were made. Some will disagree. But that is OK.

It is also good to remember why I posted all those Implications Postings before the announcement. I knew there would be a storm, and it would be impossible to guide the discussions delicately once the storm broke. So the ideas needed to be introduced before the storm. Once things calm down, I truly hope people go back to all the Implications Postings and discuss them.

Finally, I do want to emphasize that it is important for people to form their own smaller and decentralized discussions groups. You can see by what is happening on this Facebook page that it is not easy to have calm discussions in a centralized discussion environment such as this one. This too was mentioned in the Implications Postings.

From this latest comment by Courtney Brown it seems that there will not be any outside/external support for the claims he has been making.

Recall this from his inter-post comments:

Update: More on the timing of the announcement.... There is still a lot of activity behind the scenes, including disagreement, angry emails, wonder, amazement, international phone calls,..., you name it, it is there. The announcement will happen this month, but I still do not have an exact date.

This gives the impression that others would be involved with this announcement. I think somewhere he even mentioned S. Africa, Poland, India, perhaps other countries. Who and where are all these people?? He mentioned that something had to be transported as well, with the implication that there was a valuable artifact or SOMETHING material that would support his claims. What was it, in fact - a videotape?

A certain amount of flim-flam here.

On the one hand, CB has made more people aware of remote viewing, has gotten some interested in looking into it, studying it, but on the other hand he has pissed off quite a few people in the process and hurt RV, with those people. To me his promotion of RV was definitely misleading. Courtney Brown continues to be a very mixed bag and his work certainly does not come from the "leading scientific hub" - his self-description of the Farsight Institute.

Jon

P.S. I looked at Dick Allgire's #7A and Daz's #7A which are viewable (downloadable) on the Farsight site. Take a look and compare that data with how Courtney Brown sums up the sessions. CB reads things into sessions that are not there. Dick Allgire even posted a while back that he (and I think he said HRVG) differs from Courtney Brown in interpreting sessions, that CB is much looser than they are (I don't recall the exact term Dick Allgire used). This Brownian "creativity" should not be put on the viewers - they are just doing their job as they should, remote viewing a blind target.

tbone

What I don't understand from CB is this: many people have been saying that RV is real for decades. Why does he think him making this big announcement will convince anyone new that it is real? There is really nothing in these sessions that would convince a skeptic unwilling to try it for themselves that RV is real. Is this really just a sales pitch to sell a video?

Kiara

tbone said:
Is this really just a sales pitch to sell a video?

At this point: Yes.

Unless, in the second part of his "revelation", he presents archaeological and or documental evidences to suport is "pyramid story".

At this point he has just made a huge contribution against RV.
People are laughing and making fun of him and by association they are also laughing at remote viewing.

PS: And the story he is telling has already been made in to a tv series. It's called "Stargate-SG1"

Loraine

Imo there is no good reason to tout anything less than irrefutably verified RV to the public. Any thing less does more harm than good. I hate what Courtney is playing at here (again) and very sorry that viewers keep playing along with him and his iffy esoteric targets.

"Courtney did not court me and dick by saying 'hey want to do an rv project that I will sell on DVD, hype-up and market online'."

Courtney DID court everyone who attended the first 2013 on line Advanced SRV training 'by saying 'hey who wants to do an rv project that I will sell on DVD, hype-up and market online'
He expressly said if paper sessions for his projects were good enough, viewers would be retasked to do whiteboard sessions for videos to sell.

Kiara

Loraine said:
He expressly said if paper sessions for his projects were good enough, viewers would be retasked to do whiteboard sessions for videos to sell.

I'm starting to get confused ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Let me see if I understand correctly: There weren't any white board sessions besides the ones recorded on video?????? ::) :eek:

If he things this way is better... why not do all the sessions on a white board????? ::)

Is the only purpose of changing from paper to white board to look good on camera???? 8) ::) ::) ::) ::) 8) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Loraine

Kiara said:
Loraine said:

I'm starting to get confused ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Let me see if I understand correctly: There weren't any white board sessions besides the ones recorded on video?????? ::) :eek:

If he things this way is better... why not do all the sessions on a white board????? ::)

Is the only purpose of changing from paper to white board to look good on camera???? 8) ::) ::) ::) ::) 8) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Don't know, don't know, don't know.
I only know what I was told at the Advanced SRV training, have not participated in this project. If paper sessions for projects were good enough, particularly sketches, then viewers would be retasked on parts of their paper session to do whiteboard sessions specifically for videos to sell. He also mentioned that he wanted to pay viewers for project work, though only video whiteboard work would qualify, not paper submissions.

RedCairo

do you ever dream you're someone else?
If we address the topic not other TKR members, this won't end upon the fever board. Please...

Re: the viewing, I never diss the viewers of a project. For any project, under any topic or guru. Viewers are responsible only for the viewing, and for doing so in a protocol they know to be legitimate enough to support their work, the subject, the field, and so on.

Sometimes if they are fairly new to viewing, if they are oblivious to protocol initially, I blame their instructors, not them.

Viewers are the good guys. They're the homeboys.

Nor do I ever diss data unless it seems that issues with protocol have skewed it. If daz says it was doubleblind, and he is known for being legit and serious about that topic, then I wholly believe it was.

That leaves only two topics really: that of Brown and his project and its promotion, and that of the data and its potential applicability to history. Those are very different topics frankly, and separating them is good.

There is also a bit of room for the philosophical and practical question about the nature of tasking and pre-existing beliefs of the tasker being somewhat built-in to the very definition of a 'target.' I suppose that's a third thing.

There is a great deal of room for food-for-thought in the history of the 1960s never mind ancient man.

Leading up to all this, Brown at least heavily implied that the announcement (I don't have time to wade through looking for the quote) basically was coming from another source but would 'also' be on his page. And then later, about changing the date, Brown posted the following:

From the very beginning, the anticipated date of the announcement was 28 February 2014. But there were some uncertainties due to the international nature of the issues involved, so we held off releasing the date. It was wise we did that. Nothing can stop the announcement, but the date involved a lot of coordination with various parties. The problem has been further exacerbated due to the fact that the announcement involves a location which at the present time is not entirely stable politically. Also, shipping of critical materials was involved, and one shipment turned out to have been corrupted, apparently while in transit. This is now being addressed. After lots of discussion with people all over the world who are involved one way or another, we are now expecting the announcement to happen in mid-March, about two weeks later than originally anticipated. Again, nothing can stop the announcement. But this announcement can happen only once, and it has to be done correctly. Given the amount of coordination involved, mid-March 2014 seems to be optimal.
I believe the reason so many people were so angry about the outcome is because from the beginning, Brown has overwhelmingly implied that:

1 - The 'announcement' would actually come from someone else, and someone official, it was merely that he was privy to it and he would 'also' have it. He was helpless to when it happened, implying he wasn't the one actually driving it, and that it was much 'bigger' than any individual making decisions ala "him."

In short, even lots of people who would never give Brown or RV the time of day were willing to buy in long enough to see what it was, because the implication was that he simply had "become aware of some international-based issue of substantial importance and which would have objective evidence." When he did mention remote viewing it was merely in the context of supporting his "philosophy snippets." Never did he imply that the announcement was entirely by him, entirely of his remote viewing project, and entirely remote viewing.

Also, and really this is the funniest part though it won't seem so until later, he waxed on and on about how all the evil powers-that-be are responsible for anybody who disagrees or has a different perspective, and totally based on money, as if the entire thing he was expecting was a big and-the-truth-shall-set-you-free sort of thing -- and then he promptly offered to sell you a video. :D People implied they felt that was contradictory and crass.

So, many of the people really irked feel like it was a bait-and-switch. They are negative sure, but they weren't RV's fans to begin with, many already disliked Brown and RV both, but because he built up the entire thing as having some kind of objective-evidence and that it'd be coming from others, only 'also' from him, they were waiting to see what/who else was involved and what the evidence was.

But there were some uncertainties due to the international nature of the issues involved, so we held off releasing
Apparently by "we" he means "I" because he's the one making the decision it seems. This was part of the implying the announcement was coming also from others, separate/independent from him. Since being a manager, one does not phrase issues of vendors/employees as if they are somehow independent entities equally responsible for the decisions.

Nothing can stop the announcement,
Making it out like he was helpless here, part of the implying the announcement was coming also from others, separate/independent from him.

shipping of critical materials was involved, and one shipment turned out to have been corrupted, apparently while in transit.
Intentionally worded, I think, to help 'imply' along with the international references that some kind of "possibly archeological artifacts" (hard proof, which would be released by some legitimate source) were involved.

people all over the world who are involved one way or another,
Again implying something far larger, more complex, and more independent from himself, than "two people who viewed from me, who happen to live in different countries."

Given the amount of coordination involved
With two viewers? Again he implies it is something far larger, more complex, and more independent from himself, than a simple RV project.

So if people were shocked to find that his repeated near-shouting emphasis on PROOF along with reference to physical objects and such complexity-of-multiple-parties-involved, only meant, "me and a couple people who did a session for me months ago," I don't blame them.

And after all of that
Again, nothing can stop the announcement.
he then promptly puts it off YET AGAIN saying,
I have decided to wait some days before posting the next part of the announcement
1. Apparently not unstoppable at all.
2. Suddenly 'we' is 'I'.

to give some time for the dust to settle. We always knew this "noise" would happen when we released the project.
Except somehow didn't plan for it so had to suddenly change timing plans yet again. (I bet you see all the, "If you were psychic..." jokes coming.)

As I said prior, given his big posted images with the giant words UNAMBIGUOUS and CONCLUSIVE and PROOF, it is not remotely unfair that he had a mass audience who expected something unambiguous -- good god, RV is as ambiguous as it gets, especially "his tasking and then his interpretation of the result of his tasking."

And they expected something conclusive -- again, RV is never conclusive of anything and nobody serious about RV who is even mentally stable would say such a thing. Even radio satellites (literal 'remote viewing') are not entirely conclusive; even the report of a person who stood there and watched an event happen in realtime in the current day is not "conclusive."

There is absolutely nothing unambiguous or conclusive about remote viewing by two people based on his tasking. So it's fair to say he intentionally misled people about what was to come.

And then acts all martyr'd and patronizingly superior about their response, as if to say, Gosh, all those angry people, I knew this would happen, with such little minds. No, if you jerk someone's chain, they get angry. When they punch you in the nose, or call you names, that is "bio-feedback" in the literal sense. You stimulate, they respond; you put something out there, you get feedback. Pretending he is a wide-eyed innocent in such a mean world is just so pathological and dysfunctional and typical of him.

He is messianic -- obviously. He is paranoic -- obviously. Why it's always these sorts who just can't get enough publicity, EVER, for their liking, let alone for ruining RV with the public, is one of the great mysteries I guess.

(There is a buried issue here worth noting, which is that yet again, the viewers of a project worked fairly and get much of the flak for the bogus or just skewed protocol and/or presentation of the person driving the project. As viewers, we should make a point to see this issue and not throw the viewers on the swords better suited to those with the problems.)

Either Brown was simply lying about what was to come, or there is something else in his 'following two pieces of the announcement' that somehow will restore all this. Which at this point I doubt, since it would actually require the elements he implied all along, which apparently don't exist. Or he is mentally unstable enough that the english language has completely lost its meaning for him, or his complete lack of "critical thinking" has yet again made a very public debut, waving RV's flag.

It is not unfair that he had a mass audience that expected 'proof.' This is not merely a quibble, especially for someone allegedly a scientist. And this has been Brown's issue from the day he went public.

==>> Dames told him what was believed and other viewers got on esoteric targets. Dames "led him" through monitor-informed sessions on those targets. He got the data he and Dames expected. He also did this on viewer-informed targets. He insisted that was PROOF, wrote a book about it, went into international media about it, and helped destroy the legitimate reputation of remote viewing.

==>> He did viewing on something high anomalous that he found exciting which had no feedback at all. "His people" did viewing -- monitor informed at least in those days -- and got precisely what he expected, which he considered proof, and he went into international media about it, ended up having sessions on something that didn't exist, had the alleged target evidence exposed as a fraud, and helped destroy the legitimate reputation of remote viewing.

==>> He continued his allegedly scientific exploration by trademarking the term "scientific remote viewing," as if RV by its nature wasn't already (the term was coined in a lab), and as if anything he ever did, in the slightest way, was anything near scientific. Continuing, publicly, to help destroy the legitimate reputation of remote viewing.

==>> He then wrote another book, allegedly about science, where he pointedly described that he already specifically believed certain things, tasked people viewing for him (likely far less objective a viewer than I'd trust daz to be), got exactly the answer he expected all along (this never makes him question, sheesh), and considered this "proof." Then, with a repeating effort along the way to arrogantly and patronizingly insult all the real scientists who for many decades etablished psi in the lab as being so inferior to his alleged wisdom, he published that book continuing, publicly, to help destroy the legitimate reputation of remote viewing, and its science.

And that's just the EARLY days! It still continues. I will just skip all the projects between then and now, not all of which I'm familiar with.

I had high hopes for the climate project since precog viewing is a bulletproof protocol if published. But alas he had to drag the whole alternate-realities stuff into it, as opposed to just doing basic RV with feedback, which the entire field of publicity-minded-PM's seems (as usually) surreally reluctant to engage in.

Thanks for posting his recent quotes:
First, the build up to the announcement was not an "oversell" in my opinion. It was exactly correct.
It was a MIS-sell, by way of being such a profound oversell that it actually implied something wholly different than remote viewing was the source of the information behind the much-hyped 'announcement' which 'couldn't be stopped' and depended on objects-in-transit and international-people.

Most of the world does not know about remote viewing.
And thank you, Brown and Dames, for continuing to introduce them to it through disinformation and hyperbole instead of anything that might win the respect of anybody with half a brain.

Recognizing it is real will truly change this planet. With that recognition will come the recognition of so many findings that have been discovered using remote viewing. It will revolutionize almost everything that is taught in schools in nearly all fields. Nothing will be the same.
We all feel that way when we first learn of RV. Most of us get more realistic about the world not long later. Why he has spent 18 years thinking his ongoing obliteration of remote viewing's reputation in the public will in any way contribute to it being "taken seriously" is beyond me.

I knew there would be a storm, and it would be impossible to guide the discussions delicately once the storm broke. So the ideas needed to be introduced before the storm.
The 'storm' of public opinion had very little to do with "the ideas" with rare exceptions. They had to do with the fact that he set everybody up to expect something "unambiguous" and "conclusive" and that was "proof" and not a single thing he has presented comes anywhere near being any of those things.

Sigh. Why am I even surprised, at this point?

I swear it seems like every RV project, session, opportunity that comes by has someone lying in wait for it going, "How can we possibly screw this up?"

The sessions could have just been very interesting food for thought. Maybe for some they still will be. But what will -- as usual -- overshadow any actual remote viewing that may have happened, is all the hyperbolic misleading schtick it got drowned in and served with.

PJ

Don

Unless, in the second part of his "revelation", he presents archaeological and or documental evidences to suport is "pyramid story".

Kiara,
You're absolutely correct. That's what I was waiting for. It would have been really cool if the remote viewing led to new, supporting archeological evidence. Or if RV somehow made sense of all the conflicting evidence from ancient Egypt. Or if RV was able to explain how the ancient Egyptians accomplished some of the mystifying artifacts they left behind. I think that's part of what pisses people off - the most far-out aspects of Brown's claims have nothing to support them but Brown's interpretation of a couple RV sessions.

There is also a bit of room for the philosophical and practical question about the nature of tasking and pre-existing beliefs of the tasker being somewhat built-in to the very definition of a 'target.' I suppose that's a third thing.

Great point. Some of that may have happened here. Play with RV long enough and you begin to become aware of all the kinds of overlay that are possible and how the definition of "target" can include the tasker's conception of the target. This is one more argument for the "triple blind" protocol, in which no one knows which target an RVer is working at any one time. That's why I like to pull my targets from a pool of pre-sealed, pre-mixed targets. It's not a sure-fire cure for tasker overlay but it can't hurt. We know so little about RV... It's funny that CB trumpets the fact that "RV is real". Hell, that's about the only thing about it that we all already know. And those who don't know aren't going to be convinced by CB's video.

What really bothers me is that here CB has produced yet one more thing for skeptics to hold up, point to, and laugh at regarding RV. There are so many rational ways he COULD have presented this, ways that might not have damaged RV, ways that wouldn't have made him appear so foolish. It was really the trumpeting and the oversell and the hype that causes the damage.

I don't know how the viewers are going to feel about being associated with this fiasco. They have nothing to be ashamed of regarding their work (it's some fine remote viewing). But if it was me, I would not want to get involved in a Brown-associated venture again, simply because of what he does with the viewers' work and negative Brown always seems to have on RV. Don

tbone

Hey Daz, I skimmed your sessions and I missed seeing anything about a female praying mantis alien that didn't like you RVing her. Could you point me to which session it was or did CB make that up (which, frankly, wouldn't surprise me at this point)?

Also, your sessions clearly state "almost slave-like but not bound in chains but a lower caste life subserviant to others ", which I think perfectly describes a peasant class working for the ruling elites and priest class. Essentially slaves, but not necessarily technically slaves.