Decontamination

Abstract_1dea

I recently did a session that was viewing a person in present time (not TKR). The session went good (even though at the time I didn't think so) and I ended the session. However, before it began, I felt a connection to a subject, in the session and afterward, she was still connected. I figured it would end soon but I dreamt about the session and the next morning, I knew what she was wearing that day. I was still connected until I felt it slip away in the early afternoon.

Lyn mentions in his book that there is a procedure for shutting down that connection deliberately and removing the influence.

Does anybody have any idea how to do this? I really don't want to know what a target is doing after I leave the session. I have heard of these connections remaining longer than even a day after. I don't need session ghosts in my head.

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
Lyn mentions in his book that there is a procedure for shutting down that connection deliberately and removing the influence.

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?  I really don't want to know what a target is doing after I leave the session.  I have heard of these connections remaining longer than even a day after.  I don't need session ghosts in my head.
When you find out share the info!

I think Joanie posted a few things under the' getting sucked into ' thread/topic..but I don't recall where it is..but it was within the past month.

An odd awareness I've had when doing the Mission Targets is 'knowing' that I've connected with another person doing the same Mission and then I see that both of us got the same 'off target data'. This has happened 3-4 times with the same viewer. Since, this viewer has not been doing the Missions so I don't know if it would still happen or not. (It's the Benton 'thingy' I think) :p

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
All the techniques I've heard of for 'detoxing' and 'cleansing' after a session are pretty much just rehashed metaphysics 101 stuff. Even basic books on hands-on energy work for example will have some disconnect/cleanse techniques.

Best,
PJ

joanie

Abstract writes:

Does anybody have any idea how to do this? I really don't want to know what a target is doing after I leave the session. I have heard of these connections remaining longer than even a day after. I don't need session ghosts in my head.
No one does! Good thing you are conscious of it. I think the problem is more serious when it's completely unconscious as that can happen and people start experiencing symptoms that are the target person's stuff and not their own. Though in some cases it's my theory that a session might trigger repressed symptomology in one. Anyway that's just my opinion. It's all still a mystery to me.

Yea - Lyn teaches a very simple detox procedure, especially for when students get into the "SI" column and might be inclined to absorb some of the unconscious energies of a target person at the site.

He recommends reviewing your session line by line starting with the last line of your session. For each line, you consciously and willingly separate yourself from what you've viewed. So, for example, if you have "hungry," you might say out loud, "I am not hungry. Hungry is the feeling of the target site person. I am not hungry."

So you consciously recognize/state out loud what's IN the session vs. what is actually you to make the conscious distinguishment between the two and the proper boundaries are re-established.

Can't hurt :)

Joanie

Abstract_1dea

That was the first time it happened and took me completely by surprise.  I'll know what to look for next time.  

Thanks Steppe, PJ, Joanie for your help.  I'll try those ideas the next time it happens.  I have to study up on energy release.  PJ do you have any trusted sources for info on the Metaphysics 101?  I would be interested to find out how.  

"I'm pregnant?  I can't be pregnant, I'm a guy!  The Target is pregnant, I can't be, it's impossible.  I'm not pregnant.  It's the target ..target"
I can see it now.

I think my concern is just what Joanie says - subconscious influence.  When you touch a target, the target touches you.

Maybe a pool of powerfully positive people would be a good idea.  If I am going to have someone visiting my subconscious it might as well be somebody I like.  

Come to think of it, I think I get a similar kind of feeling if I am around people for a long time. The best thing I have found is to get alone in a forest for a while.  It helps get me centered.  Especially if it is an old one.  I find I have to get out now and then to clear my mind.  I used to do more of it.  Getting the time to do it is a struggle.   As far as talking about RV? This is the only place I can "talk" about RV and I am glad to have an outlet.  

PDPJ,
In an interview, Lyn was asked about RV'ers from other countries.  He mentioned that he thought he came in contact with a viewer from China several times on targets or at least he thought so.  Maybe I'll meet you at a target some time.   :)
-Actually, that would be neat idea.  Coordinate a virtual RV session. (That's redundant isn't it?)

polkadotpuhjommies

"I'm pregnant? I can't be pregnant, I'm a guy! The Target is pregnant, I can't be, it's impossible. I'm not pregnant. It's the target ..target"
I can see it now.

LOL...that's funny...I think you have the hang of the concept now

PDPJ,
In an interview, Lyn was asked about RV'ers from other countries. He mentioned that he thought he came in contact with a viewer from China several times on targets or at least he thought so. Maybe I'll meet you at a target some time. :)
-Actually, that would be neat idea. Coordinate a virtual RV session. (That's redundant isn't it?)
Actually, this CAN be done. I've had some experience with this sort of thing (outside of doing RV sessions)...but yo Steve, careful what ya wish for...lol...AND you just posted about wanting to know how to 'get out of' a session. Maybe Skype would be easier? Maybe you're being pregnant would be easier? LMAO!

How I knew I connected during the RV sessions was due to the data I got and then compared to the data of the other person...of which neither data had anything to do with the target..or even close to having to do with the target, but was the SAME data that made sense to both of us....it was odd. It was like doing a session along with personal telepathy. AT the time I did my sessions, this I mentally became aware of this person, but I dismissed the thought of it being literal...don't know how well I'm explaining this...hope you get the idea.

Abstract_1dea

Actually, this CAN be done. I've had some experience with this sort of thing (outside of doing RV sessions)...but yo Steve, careful what ya wish for...lol...AND you just posted about wanting to know how to 'get out of' a session. Maybe Skype would be easier? Maybe you're being pregnant would be easier? LMAO!
My wife's idea of sympathy pains was to kick me every time the baby kicked.

I wasn't looking for a way out of the session, I was looking for a way to push the session out of me after the session was over. Would that even be a term for what I want to do? when I was connected, I knew it was the target I was feeling. I just didn't want to know what they were doing.

It was weird. Weird, but cool. At least this time. There are some targets I would not want to stay with me.

careful what ya wish
Why does everyone keep saying that to me?

polkadotpuhjommies

I stand corrected....you said quite clearly you wanted the session to leave you. I believe your usage of the word connected is correct. It's the same word I've used in similar situations because that's just how it felt. I can also feel a disconnect..I actually feel the energy seep out of it and then an almost vacuum feeling takes its place.

Weird is also a correct word and didn't ya know...all smart wives know to do that! ;D

joanie

Abstract writes:
My wife's idea of sympathy pains was to kick me every time the baby kicked.
Consider yourself let off very easy.

In one tribe of which I have heard, when the woman is giving birth they tie a rope to the man's testicles.  Everytime she feels a birth pain, she pulls on the rope so that he goes through the pain of birth alongside her.

I'm not Jewish, but I can sure be empathic to men - so OYEEVEY~~~ I FEEL your PAIN!

Recently I watched another of Ingo Swann's wonderful talks from Schwartz's IRVA conference at the ARE in Virginia Beach and he was talking about how interconnected we absolutely all are - how self-evident it is.  Ain't that the truth. We are all ONE OCEAN.   I especially liked his comments about how we have sensors in our tongues for detecting people's motives.  "Tongue around,"  as Ingo might say - but I'm getting off subject here -

Joanie

PS. Any morning sickness?

Abstract_1dea

Consider yourself let off very easy.

In one tribe of which I have heard, when the woman is giving birth they tie a rope to the man's testicles.  Everytime she feels a birth pain, she pulls on the rope so that he goes through the pain of birth alongside her.
Ouch! That hurts just thinking about it.
(I could have done without that one)

She doesn't need your help. She has ideas of her own, thank you. There are a lot of single child families there, right?

PS. Any morning sickness?
Not that I can remember, but there were morning bruises.
She kept saying the same thing over and over - "Not guilty by temporary insanity."

joanie

Ouch!  That hurts just thinking about it.  
(I could have done without that one)
Yea - literally I can feel it too. Truth hurts sometimes  ???  At least it helps men to know the pain of childbirth. ;D

She doesn't need your help.  She has ideas of her own, thank you.  There are a lot of single child families there, right?  
I wasn't helping anyone as far as I know  ::) Are you talking about the pregnant woman in the target?  If so, be assured, I was just sharing information in a light-hearted manner - my response wasn't intended for her.

Not that I can remember, but there were morning bruises.
She kept saying the same thing over and over - "Not guilty by temporary insanity."
Okay - hope you do that detox, fer sure.

Joanie

tania

When doing any form of energywork (I see RV as a form of energy work) I believe that one should afterwards disconnect, otherwise it is possible to be taking on the energetics of the target and one may not even be aware that they are doing so.

When im doing energywork the way i disconnect is to visualise any energetic ties between me and the thing im disconnecting from being cut and energetic cords disolving (you form a energetic link..between you and your target every time you do a RV..as that is just how energy works). I also state to myself that any energetics that aint my own be released and i imagine that happening (energy follows thought..so that will happen).

toad

Neurolinguistic Programming has some very useful techniques for reframing an unpleasant memory and reducing its impact. For instance, first you would conjure back the visual image that disturbs you the most. Turn that image into a black and white image. Take sufficient time to do this thoroughly. Notice the reduction of its impact on you. Then, quite consciously start to shrink that image and make it smaller. Take note of your own emotional reduction. Make that image so tiny that it cannot possibly have power. Now, envision that image on a tv screen. Reach up and turn down the volumn of that person speaking. You can barely see those tiny lips moving with no sound. Now, make that image turn around and walk the other way, disappearing into the distance of the TV. Finally it is important that you physically turn your back on where that image was and symbolically walk away. You now have a real memory of the problem, and it has been reframed to help you move on without its influence. Of course, you may consciously choose to remember which ever experience you want. The power is yours.
This has worked for me many times, even in the middle of unpleasant exchanges such as a rebuff from a bigwig on the job, I can handle it with grace, and at least not exacerbate the problem. Now who could possibly rebuff a teddy bear like me?

toad

Abstract writes:

Recently I watched another of Ingo Swann's wonderful talks from Schwartz's IRVA conference at the ARE in Virginia Beach and he was talking about how interconnected we absolutely all are - how self-evident it is. Ain't that the truth. We are all ONE OCEAN. I especially liked his comments about how we have sensors in our tongues for detecting people's motives. "Tongue around," as Ingo might say - but I'm getting off subject here -
I would LOVE to watch Ingo Swann in a talk! Are such videos available to people who did not attend the conference?
OOpps, then I must have gotten off target, too, but where else can we take this?

tania

Neurolinguistic Programming has some very useful techniques for reframing an unpleasant memory and reducing its impact. For instance, first you would conjure back the visual image that disturbs you the most.  Turn that image into a black and white image. Take sufficient time to do this thoroughly.  Notice the reduction of its impact on you.  Then, quite consciously start to shrink that image and make it smaller. Take note of your own emotional reduction.  Make that image so tiny that it cannot possibly have power.  Now, envision that image on a tv screen.  Reach up and turn down the volumn of that person speaking. You can barely see those tiny lips moving with no sound.  Now, make that image turn around and walk the other way, disappearing into the distance of the TV.  Finally it is important that you physically turn your back on where that image was and symbolically walk away.  You now have a real memory of the problem, and it has been reframed to help you move on without its influence.  Of course, you may consciously choose to remember which ever experience you want.  The power is yours.
This has worked for me many times, even in the middle of unpleasant exchanges such as a rebuff from a bigwig on the job, I can handle it with grace, and at least not exacerbate the problem. Now who could possibly rebuff a teddy bear like me?
That reminded me of another technique.. wereas one visualises the target/or whatever and its images etc on a blackboard and then imagines getting an blackboard duster or eraser and slowly rubbing with concentration, all the images etc away

R

restful

The technique in yellow (NLP) was also taught in one of the Silva graduate classes. At least that's the only place I can think of that I learned it. Never have taken NLP.

B~

Ghoul

I feel you man, sound pretty scattered. It's rather disorienting to be aware of a target or object through psi, even if the brain classifies & identifies it as AC input.

In my humble opinion, Toad's on the ball with NLP, though that particular tool might only half get you there. 'If you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.'

When an individual starts to train in RV, it is important to also train the mind to be able to orient itself on this newer level of cognition. Toad mentioned how we can train the mind to become disinterested with an 'object' internal or external.. but we are still orienting our awareness to that object, becoming distant, etc.

Our awareness seems to be able to operate not only within our minds, but also beyond our skulls. Wether it is still within our minds but on a duality that we cannot perceive I don't know. But it is within this duality I believe where we receive information & relay it to our conscious mind when we RV. Training narrows the gap between our consciousness & this window, but we still need to learn how to orient our awareness on this level of existence & respect the psychological limitations of our species.

- Rob

Abstract_1dea

But it is within this duality I believe where we receive information & relay it to our conscious mind when we RV. Training narrows the gap between our consciousness & this window, but we still need to learn how to orient our awareness on this level of existence & respect the psychological limitations of our species.

- Rob

This is my plan. I have always had some sort of intuition but it has been sporadic and unpredictable. I would like to bring it to a level where it is in my conscious realm. If that's not possible, then at least to a "place" where it can be accessed in a predictable fashion. I have been looking for a method for this for a very long time. I think RV is not the answer in itself but can provide the answer.

However, when you touch a target, it touches you too. It just surprised me to have something like this happen in one of my beginning sessions. "Beginner's luck?" Maybe - but I still needed a way to disconnect rather than just letting it fade away.

Since I stated this thread, I have gotten a lot of very good advice. I do a backout of these sessions now. However, if it is an inspiring contact, I just may keep it for as long as it holds.

Thank you all for your input.

oop38290

but I still needed a way to disconnect rather than just letting it fade away.
Can you just use a paint brush and black paint to paint over it (use your mind's creativity) just like you paint black on a physical window glass so you don't see through anymore?

Or treat/make your session data as an object such as a thought ball and throw it far away?

Benton

Staff member
I was talking with a therapist the other day... I mean the person I was talking to was a professional psychotherapist, I wasn't IN therapy at the time... anyway.... ::) He mentioned that a new type of therapy that involved discussing difficult events, traumatic events we can't get over, is helped if the person re-telling the event moves their eyes back and forth and in various directions while recounting the trauma. It seems to allow closure and resolution, more that simply talking about it without the eye-movement.

I know we have talked about doing eye-movements during cool-down and such, but has anyone heard of this treatment, and what is up with it?