DMT Experiences

NSA

Never taken drugs in my life but just heard a fascinating experience of a work collegue who dabled in LSD in his younger days. He said it COMPLETELY alters ones reality to the point you dont know what is real anymore. He said he saw a giant 20 foot horse while high on the stuff with friends, slammed on the breaks of his car and shouted "wow check out the 20 FOOT HORSE IN THE FIELD OVER THERE !!" He then ran out into the field and began stroking the huge horse.

I asked him how real did the horse seem to him at the time he said, "as real as you are to me right now but with with 100% full colour and clarity"

He was adamant it was not dream and very real. He no longer takes lsd and was very curious about DMT when i mentioned it to him as he had never heard of it ;D

Qetuoadgjl

There is much confusion on this forum between DMT and ayahusaca and other experiences. Shame. You would chastise the very same for such if it was RV. :(

NSA

Qetuoadgjl said:
There is much confusion on this forum between DMT and ayahusaca and other experiences. Shame. You would chastise the very same for such if it was RV. :(

Enlighten us Qetuoadgi with your wisdom and expertise with drugs and do share your experience. I see no reason for anyone to feel ashamed or be chastised.

NSA

PatMcDonald

Qetuoadgjl said:
Actually that's true. Problem here is a credibility gap - as such experiences fall outside the law, they can't be easily discussed in this forum.

All I've got to say is, I don't feel a need for chemical assistance anymore. Perhaps there were valid reasons for my experimentation... but that time is LONG past for me.

BUT, there are other forums like... nah, you don't need an internet link. Easy enough to find them with Google. :)

Qetuoadgjl

NSA said:
Enlighten us Qetuoadgi with your wisdom and expertise with drugs and do share your experience. I see no reason for anyone to feel ashamed or be chastised.
I have 10+ experiences with ayahuasca and several with DMT. Words fail to describe either and neither is all too similar to the other. As Pat said, Google is your friend but briefly the DMT experience is very short (minutes), the Banisteriopsis/Psychotria combination typically lasts several hours.

I have never known anyone who hasn't had a life changing result from these substances if taken in appropriate doses (higher than recreational use) and in the case of ayahuasca, under shamanic oversight. I was fortunate to be friendly with Terence McKenna.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_basics.shtml

What is your interest?

Qetuoadgjl

NSA said:
Never taken drugs in my life but just heard a fascinating experience of a work collegue who dabled in LSD in his younger days. He said it COMPLETELY alters ones reality to the point you dont know what is real anymore.
I have never been a fan of LSD, pharmaceutical grade is difficult to come by, it is often mixed or replaced by ketamine, another drug which I do not care for.

LSD is far too introspective for me, I am much more interested in dimensionality, new languages, and similar experiences than I am in solving my Inner Child. lol

I shy away from drugs that are not plant based (albeit one could say LSD is indirectly so) so my preference is for the psilocybin mushroom groups which have a long history of usage and documentation. Dosages need to be @ very high levels, I do not endorse recreational "let's party" usage except in rare circumstances.

NSA

Qetuoadgjl said:
I have 10+ experiences with ayahuasca and several with DMT. Words fail to describe either and neither is all too similar to the other. As Pat said, Google is your friend but briefly the DMT experience is very short (minutes), the Banisteriopsis/Psychotria combination typically lasts several hours.https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_basics.shtml[/url]
We tried google and this thread is the result of that so the next best thing is to hear
from guys like yourself who have taken DMT on a regular basis to share what you can.
When you say "words fail to describe" your dmt experience can you describe it any other way to the laymen among us ?

NSA

Qetuoadgjl

NSA said:
We tried google and this thread is the result of that so the next best thing is to hear
from guys like yourself who have taken DMT on a regular basis to share what you can.
When you say "words fail to describe" your dmt experience can you describe it any other way to the laymen among us ?
I can give you details of a DMT experience but to do so is explaining in 3D language a hyperdimensional experience. When you have a drug which conveys you into an inhabited space, even the simplest explanation is going to be pretty placid.

I smoked three large hits from a pipe and the DMT "flash" began about two minutes in. You leave your body and soon you are in a "space" that includes "entities". These entities are happy, glad to see you (me) and speak in visual "sounds" that are language. You see language.

I get the sense that the space that they have created for me is purposefully inviting - for any human - and yet this space is alien in every sense of the word. It's like meeting up with alien helpers, there is a maternal, female feel to them and to the space they have created. It has a very organic feel to it.

There is no doubt about it, there is a consistent focus on language, language as visuals, as bouncing, beautiful geometries. McKenna used to say, and he was right, DMT could never kill you unless you die from sheer astonishment. DMT taught me that the world is not made up of anything that I thought it was - almost as if it was entirely magical - it brings almost all preconceptions to a complete and utter stop.

15 minutes you're back home again. Ayahuasca is an entirely different story.

Questions?

Slorri

Chimes in:
Just watched this video about Healing / Shaman Voyage and drinking ayahuascas.
As it is portrayed it looks mostly like puking and crapping, not obvious effect of the ayahuasca itself apart from the hallucinations, but the group effect of the experience does not go unnoticed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vND5E-2aPrw#t=900s

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
the above description sounds exactly the same as I got from deep meditation work, to me.
Work done without the use of drugs.

Daz

Qetuoadgjl

NSA said:
Thanks for that ;)
So how was ayahuasca ? Compared to your DMT experience ?
Yage lasts hours not minutes. My experience with it has been under strict shamanic preparation and guidance as a colloid of DMT (vine) and MAO inhibitors (leaves). DMT for instance can not be taken orally, it’s destroyed in your gut.

If you inhibit MAO then it isn’t destroyed in the gut, passes through the bloodstream and through the blood-brain barrier. It’s only been since the mid 40’s or something that the MAO inhibition has been understood by Western medicine.

Ayahuasca is a roller coaster where smoked DMT is a rocket. There are absolutely terrifying portions of the experience, it is highly introspective yet full of out of body hallucinatory happenings. If you bring your ego to the trip, it will cut your legs off throw you to The Great Viper.

It is very visual in that a proper shaman can sing and chant and you will see colors instead of hearing tones. Damn, this is so hard to put into words but the different levels of consciousness and places that are visited rewire your perceptions of mystery and magic. Days, months, years later you can still be processing the info/data.

I have had little people working on injured parts of my body - successfully - and shamans who could put me back into the void through ceremony only. I have seen healings that Western science could never match.

I have ridden jaguars, tunneled through the earth, flown like an eagle, prepared for death, loud humming which breaks apart your world and leads to white clouds, angels, birthings, time crumbles, slows down, speeds up. Euphoric, blissful, no past or future then nothing but past and future.

Light-energy of love coming from God, ghod and gods.

Really, I don't know what to say. Recommend it? Absolutely, positively, It's truly a sacred plant and a suppressed knowledge.

Qetuoadgjl

Daz said:
the above description sounds exactly the same as I got from deep meditation work, to me.
Work done without the use of drugs.

Daz
I guarantee you that there are experiences on DMT, psilocybin and ayahuasca that meditation will never access. If you are willing to do a heroic dose.

Loraine

I am a rainbow jaguar. You didn't 'ride' my 'tribe' (I should know if you had), but did you see any of us?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150849178473438&set=a.10150849178468438.512994.683533437&type=3&theater

Qetuoadgjl

Loraine said:
I am a rainbow jaguar. You didn't 'ride' my 'tribe' (I should know if you had), but did you see any of us.
Yes, well...

...the FB page helped round out your post. Very nice. An angel, huh? Need more of you. ;)

Qetuoadgjl

I think there is a prejudice by a few posters over the abuse of the term "drug". I only use that term because it is colloquial. These are plants with psychoactive properties used by millenia of civilizations nearly as far back as written records.

The fact that they are illegal has nothing to do with either their dangerousness, volatility and much more to do with the ignorance of Western politics. LSD was only available for research for a handful of years before it was banned so how the hell does pharmacological science have a handle on its use?

It's especially disconcerting to see this temperament in an RV forum where, as we all know, RV is viewed as some kind of gypsy magic, Tarot w/out cards, for the mentally unbundled and all kinds of dumb-brained mythologies. And what do we have to say about that? Get an education.

We live in a society where ayahuasca is illegal but alcohol, tobacco and refined sugar are not. Give me a break. Think about it.

Marv_Darley

Staff member
It's especially disconcerting to see this temperament in an RV forum
This is a free forum - people are allowed to exhibit whatever temperament they choose. Note the name of the site - Ten Thousand Roads - and don't assume that just because one 'road' leads this way the rest necessarily follow.

where, as we all know, RV is viewed as some kind of gypsy magic
No idea where you get this from. RV is viewed as a scientific protocol enabling and supporting the gathering of information through non-local means. No gypsies involved.

We live in a society where ayahuasca is illegal but alcohol, tobacco and refined sugar are not. Give me a break. Think about it.
Totally agree with your frustrations in this regard and have already spent much time thinking about it over the years, thanks.

Marv :)

Qetuoadgjl

My comment regarding gypsy magic was a reflection of one of many mythologies that follow RV across societal beliefs.

NSA

Qetuoadgjl said:
NSA said:
Thanks for that ;)
So how was ayahuasca ? Compared to your DMT experience ?
Yage lasts hours not minutes. My experience with it has been under strict shamanic preparation and guidance as a colloid of DMT (vine) and MAO inhibitors (leaves). DMT for instance can not be taken orally, it’s destroyed in your gut.

If you inhibit MAO then it isn’t destroyed in the gut, passes through the bloodstream and through the blood-brain barrier. It’s only been since the mid 40’s or something that the MAO inhibition has been understood by Western medicine.

Ayahuasca is a roller coaster where smoked DMT is a rocket. There are absolutely terrifying portions of the experience, it is highly introspective yet full of out of body hallucinatory happenings. If you bring your ego to the trip, it will cut your legs off throw you to The Great Viper.

It is very visual in that a proper shaman can sing and chant and you will see colors instead of hearing tones. Damn, this is so hard to put into words but the different levels of consciousness and places that are visited rewire your perceptions of mystery and magic. Days, months, years later you can still be processing the info/data.

I have had little people working on injured parts of my body - successfully - and shamans who could put me back into the void through ceremony only. I have seen healings that Western science could never match.

I have ridden jaguars, tunneled through the earth, flown like an eagle, prepared for death, loud humming which breaks apart your world and leads to white clouds, angels, birthings, time crumbles, slows down, speeds up. Euphoric, blissful, no past or future then nothing but past and future.

Light-energy of love coming from God, ghod and gods.

Really, I don't know what to say. Recommend it? Absolutely, positively, It's truly a sacred plant and a suppressed knowledge.
Thanks for taking the time to describe your experiences - Much appreciated!

NSA

Mycroft

RedCairo said:
It's actually one of the few drugs I'd be willing to try if I had a truly sure it's not polluted source. I'm ridiculously straight in general. Actually my brain very obviously has natural versions of drugs like this which is why some of my normal experiences sound like some people's drug trips I suppose.
The vine may not be your teacher plant depending on how much chemicals were used in your youth. Usually mimosa and syrian rue do not fail those of European descent. Don't be a fool, use a scale. Ebay sells the (powdered) dyes individually. They're only illegal together and that only happens in your stomach as you take one fifteen minutes after another. Then of course you give them back after an hour or two, that is the confession and it is good for the soul.

I even heard it on a video on YouTube, which seriously cracked me up. The speaker was showing the nicely furnished underground nuclear bunker where her x-boyfriend had kept her and she popped off with my favorite line, "You see everyone throwing up and you think wow there must be something great there why do they keep doing it?" Finally she said I tried it and "I WENT TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS".
Those are my exact sentiments quoted word for word, no-matter how hard I read, studied or meditated, nothing short of death can reveal those things that are hidden from us, available through the teacher plants.

Mycroft