Do you use Mind Maps?

Do you include Mind Maps in your CRV sessions?

• Always

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• Rarely

• Never

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mscir

David Morehouse mentions Mind Maps in his Remote Viewing book, and on his *web site. I was wondering how many people use mind mapping as part of their CRV methodology.
* http://davidmorehouse.com/mind-mapping/.

Omega

Euphoria = Hitting the Target !! : )
Oh Yes !
It is a great tool.
Use it and you will find out !~

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
Im sure David used this idea form me. I was using mind maps for years before his CRV book was published as a stage5 replacement within my CRV :(

Daz,

Are you sure? In TDS we did probes of conscious mind, subconscious mind c. 2000, and probably before.
Don't know if these were similar to your 'mind maps' but the basic idea has been around for some years and
was prior to Morehouse's book.

Jon

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
I was first introduced to mind mapping/ probing using a TRV methodology by Jonina Dourif during the IRVA conference in Mesquite, Nv in May, 2000.

Gene

These sort of inventions really float around in the ether, many people sort of adopting them simultaneously.

It is pretty much impossible to claim ownership for something like "mind mapping." too many authors, most of them probably forgotten.

mscir

Wikipedia says this,
Although the term "mind map" was first popularized by British popular psychology author and television personality Tony Buzan, the use of diagrams that visually "map" information using branching and radial maps traces back centuries. These pictorial methods record knowledge and model systems, and have a long history in learning, brainstorming, memory, visual thinking, and problem solving by educators, engineers, psychologists, and others. Some of the earliest examples of such graphical records were developed by Porphyry of Tyros, a noted thinker of the 3rd century, as he graphically visualized the concept categories of Aristotle. Philosopher Ramon Llull (1235–1315) also used such techniques.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map

tbone

I have an older(my copy 1999 but original 1993) book that called "PhotoReading" that describes mind mapping but I have never used it.

mrj

I have used mind mapping at work and brainstorming projects but not for Remote Viewing.

I'm still polishing up and improving my S3's before I'll start using mindmaps on S5.

stewart edwards

On the very rare occasions that I have got to s5, I have found Dazs mind map approach to be much more intuitive than the strict crv way. That said I have also not got much out of it in terms of results, but then again I was (a) able to make some sort of progress using MMs as opposed to being stuck with traditional s5 which is in itself a good thing, and (b) that is way above my current skill level anyway so I wouldn't expect to get much in the way of results.

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
@Jon,
yes im sure. yes mind maps have been arou8nd for years - but as a replacement for the cumbersome CRV stage 5 no. I started using this many yaers ago as i could not get uses to writing all the columns for S5 CRV - it just didnt feel right and being a creative we have always broken creative ideas down on mind maps on white boards- so I adopted this into my CRV S5 toolset and it worked perfectly.