Electromagnetic Radiation - Danger or Myth?

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
In light of recent comments about the dangers of EMR and how it affects so folk here I've started a new thread here were we can debate, share info, experiences and advice freely.

I really did not take much notice of the levels of EMR we are exposed to so did a bit of homework and even bought a cheap EMR detector much to my partners amusement. It was a bit strange and even humerous at first wandering around, measuring everything and anything electric until I realized just how much EMR was around us. I'm lucky in that I'm not so sensitive as others but I can imagine how horrible it must be for those with extremely low tolerance to EMR.

Even more worrying was the lack of info on what exactly are the dangers to long term exposure to low level EMR can do. There appears to be a reluctance to address the issue at large.

What levels of EMF do you find tolerable?
Are you affected by Normal AM/FM frequencies from radio's?
What symptons do you suffer from?
How did you know you were sensitive to EMR?

Let us hear your opinion whichever side of the fence you sit on and please be civil even if you disagree with any comments made. 8)

Mycroft

EMR itself is not dangerous. It is the unregulated EMR that causes damage.

An instance of this is an Infrared Sauna, these things wreak havoc on the system. However you can use the infrared bulb version used in chicken brooders without any problems what so ever as long as you are far enough away not to be scorched. Three of these bulbs emit no EMF.

Here is an instance where an extremely powerful magnet has health benefits. I use a permanent industrial magnet for headaches and other pains. Yep lay my head right on a five pound magnet. The trick is to have the correct polarized side out or you will F* yourself up.

Wifi radiation is detrimental to people of either sex anticipating having children. Laptops are helping to eliminate future generations.

Cell phones are tragically dangerous.

My acupuncturist is worried that I have a transformer on a pole in the back yard thirty feet away from the house, he said that is enough to cause problems. That comes from a career sports medicine surgeon who became an acupuncturist so he could give back.

Then there was the guy I knew who worked at Norad. Microwave transmitters are very bad and can fry you where you are. That is how they took down the Presidential Helicopter when Clinton was in office. (Probably the last fairly elected president the US will ever have. Personally I wish he was on the helicopter.)

In the US we have a problem with the bees dying off, without them food stops being pollinated, millions of them are dying off each year and not being replace. They know this is a result of the transmission towers and personal cell phones.

It is all going to get us some day.

Mycroft

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
Mycroft thanks you say EMR is not dangerous but the detector I bought specifically said if the alarm goes off when detecting high levels of EMR I should back away and not go too near the source. One of the biggest sources of EMR were power sockets, power plugs
Power cables and yes WiFi. These things are everywhere so not sure how the hell we will ever be able to reduce or eliminate it. Unless you live like a recluse in the middle of nowhere.

It would be interesting to see if any research has been done on the health of electricians who by nature of their job are probably exposed to this than the average person.

There does seem to be a pattern were older folk living off the radar and electro smog, eating natural foods live longer than plugged in city dwellers living on processed foods.

Loraine

Last week we had a phone line installed, and the service provider's engineer's response, when asked if he would please minimise my exposure during any testing and from his personal mobLie, was a straight up admission and acknowledgement that he knew from his work and personal life that a proportion of people had genuine serious health problems caused by mobLies and whyfry. He said he knew twins (7or8 he said), one had always been ill whilst the other was perfectly healthy until the parents heard about electrosensitivity and tried moving their beds to a room that was not adjacent to the bank of deVices along the bedroom wall of the geek next door. Hey presto - two healthy children! He also spoke of an old man whose health had suddenly recently declined, whose face lit up when the engineer told him the base station on his bedside cabinet could be the cause ... the man said he'd become ill shortly after putting it there. You might wonder, as I did momentarily, how come a telecom industry engineer is able to be so forthcoming with honest info? and not compromise his job ... well it's prolly cos the devils have damned themselves already - http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/major-phone-firm-patent-admits-non-thermal-exposures-to-wireless-radiation-is-genotoxic-causes-clear-damage-to-hereditary-material/

Mycroft

Here is a site that sells protection from laptop computers. The link is a simplified diagram of radiation dangers of ELF and EMR from WiFry.

ref.
http://www.defenderpad.com/#lightbox/0/

I'm thinking about getting one of these myself.

Mycroft

Joe_Black

DNA conducts electricity very well. EMF can damage it. the was a good paper on this. i spent a long time looking at radio freq weapons so i only know about high levels. i would say most likely look at powerlines they radiate large emf's

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
Mycroft said:
Here is a site that sells protection from laptop computers. The link is a simplified diagram of radiation dangers of ELF and EMR from WiFry.

ref.

Mycroft
Hmmm I dont know about that, my EMR detector hardly dictated much radiation from the screens but when you put it near the power cables and in/out socket points its goes absolutely nuts.

Joe Black is right ANY power cable appears to generate large amounts of EMR and if detectors
go crazy with home appliances cables i can only imagine what office cables and large pylons will do

Mycroft

Tunde said:
Hmmm I dont know about that, my EMR detector hardly dictated much radiation from the screens but when you put it near the power cables and in/out socket points its goes absolutely nuts.

Joe Black is right ANY power cable appears to generate large amounts of EMR and if detectors
go crazy with home appliances cables i can only imagine what office cables and large pylons will do
No I'm talking about laptops, my EMF detector is pegged when pointed toward the bottom of my laptop, nothing comes off of LCD but older style computer monitors were notorious.

Mycroft

O

OXO

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/education/2013/03/student-says-rfid-tags-made-her-sick/

Mycroft

OXO said:
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/education/2013/03/student-says-rfid-tags-made-her-sick/

EMR and EMF but not radiation. But! But! They are active enough that satellites passing overhead can tell if your luggage is laying on your bed in your house. Spooky isn't it?

Mycroft

O

OXO

Mycroft said:
OXO said:

EMR and EMF but not radiation. But! But! They are active enough that satellites passing overhead can tell if your luggage is laying on your bed in your house. Spooky isn't it?

Mycroft
In the absence of real knowledge it is incumbent upon those who wish to be perceived as experts to indulge in fantasy.

Glenda

These people watching must have a lot of free time. I know that people are watchable for the techies. I am pretty boring. Go for it. I figure they will need lots of caffeine to stay awake. Not sure why anyone would care if I put a suitcase on my bed, window peepers. I kinda see them as the same, creepy but harmless.

Mycroft

OXO said:
In the absence of real knowledge it is incumbent upon those who wish to be perceived as experts to indulge in fantasy.
You quite literally have no idea.. 8)

Mycroft

flyguy

Glenda said:
These people watching must have a lot of free time. I know that people are watchable for the techies. I am pretty boring. Go for it. I figure they will need lots of caffeine to stay awake. Not sure why anyone would care if I put a suitcase on my bed, window peepers. I kinda see them as the same, creepy but harmless.
Its more about ability that what is being done imo.

@Tunde : for what frequency range is this device of yours sensitive to?

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
flyguy said:
Glenda said:
Its more about ability that what is being done imo.

@Tunde : for what frequency range is this device of yours sensitive to?
50Hz ~ 2000MHz

Kristen

I've heard alot of controversial opinions about laptop protectors. Some -- even natural energy type folks -- have said that they don't help much. Does anyone have any experience with any laptop protectors? Just wondering how really effective they are.

Thanks!
Kristen

Kristen

I checked this site and they're very expensive! I wonder if they're really worth all this -- nearly $100.

Has anyone used one, and do you have any feedback?
Thanks!
Kristen
Mycroft said:

ref.

Mycroft