ERV vs OOBE

plodder

Do you think that sometimes a person could attempt to get really relaxed, lying down and meditating before an attempt to do an Extended Remote Viewing session and end up having an Out Of Body Experience instead?

fletch

I have a hard time with the phrase OOBE myself. I think it's entirely possible to sense with visual and auditory to the extent one feels as if they are actually there while in the alpha state.

Since you asked about lying down and meditating, I would suggest you try and verify an experience you had. When lying down and meditating it's easy to slip past alpha and into theta where you're dreaming. To help prevent going into theta, it's better to sit upright comfortably.

Alpha isn't a hard state to reach at all and many of us don't realize we're in it and driving down the freeway at 70 mph,,,, then got pist because we just drove past our exit...

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
plodder said:
Do you think that sometimes a person could attempt to get really relaxed, lying down and meditating before an attempt to do an Extended Remote Viewing session and end up having an Out Of Body Experience instead?
Sure.

I had OBEs and LDs regularly from the time I was about 4 until I was an adult. They don't seem nearly as novel to me as they do to others as a result although I so rarely have them at this age they would be.

I consider most of this stuff on a spectrum. And OBEs are so ridiculously fun (as are fully Lucid Dreams) thank frankly, unless life and death were waiting on my viewing in ten minutes (which is never gonna happen) if I were dropping into either I'd do that instead and do the RV later. ;D

PJ

plodder

Cool. I was sort of looking at it as a spectrum also instead of each being so neatly in a separate box, although there are differences.