First Experience

Mr._Key

Last night I attempted to RV for my first time. I started out by setting up my area. I took the pictures off my wall (to minimize distraction) and turned a chair to face it.

I started out with some relaxation exercises, and then some deep breathing.

After I was relaxed, I stared at the blank wall, and after a few minutes of keeping my mind as blank as I could, I started to see some visual images. They started getting more intense as I looked on and transformed from tiny shapes into whirlpool type images that seemed to draw my eyes in....At points the images went from jagged, to liquid formations. that was the most exciting part...I gave up soon after that because I wasn't seeing what I wanted to see.

I didn't hear, smell, touch, or taste anything during the experience, so I wonder if what I saw was just a result of staring at a white wall for long periods of time.

Also, can anyone tell me if your supposed to RV with your eyes opened or closed, and also (even though I've read a lot of material on RVing) how exactly do you pick a target to RV? Do you say it aloud, or do you just think it up?

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
Hi Mr Key and welcome!

You have found a wonderful learning resource here!

Also, can anyone tell me if your supposed to RV with your eyes opened or closed, and also (even though I've read a lot of material on RVing) how exactly do you pick a target to RV? Do you say it aloud, or do you just think it up?
I think most of us do this with eyes closed as it minimizes many visual distractions, RVing however, is possible with eyes opened or closed.

I didn't hear, smell, touch, or taste anything during the experience, so I wonder if what I saw was just a result of staring at a white wall for long periods of time.
In my opinion, especially in the beginning of learning to view, we are drawn to the same aspects in RV as in our daily lives. For those of us who are more visual people, we will 'see' in RV, those of us who are better listeners in daily life will 'hear' more, those of who are more emotional than not, will 'feel' more and so on. When the basic RV concepts are learned and with practice, we can develop our less strong senses through exercises which then allows us a full range of RV sensing, but we will always have our strenghts and weaknesses within the sensurary aspects.

I started to see some visual images. They started getting more intense as I looked on and transformed from tiny shapes into whirlpool type images that seemed to draw my eyes in....
....and my assumption is that in daily life, you are a seeing person....an example would be- when learning something new, you learn better by seeing it done that to read how to do it...right? When you think, you think in more pictures than in words...this sort of thing.

...I gave up soon after that because I wasn't seeing what I wanted to see.
....this will be hard for you at first...this 'seeing' thing. In all liklihood, you won't literally see...you will have the same type of 'sight' that you described, a little more fine tuned and developed over time, but basically, the seeing is receiving 'impressions' from the vague things you are seeing. Example: You see a shadowy type blob that seems to move or drift, it seems to be placed more high than low...so the impression of this might be...a vapor, cloudlike, floating, soft, billowy, light... getting it? This takes practice and is the challenge for all of us...the taking the cues and translating them into RV language.

how exactly do you pick a target to RV? Do you say it aloud, or do you just think it up?
PLEASE take your time and read as much on this board as possible for you to do so. It is filled with golden nuggets of information that is hard to find elsewhere. Your question of how to do target work is fully answered in the postings here.

Stick with it! Congratulations on your first try...always the hardest one ;) and READ EVERY POSTING ON THESE BOARDS ! (excuse the caps PJ...sometimes I just haffta use em.... ;D

Mr._Key

You are very correct about me being more of a visual person. I think that has a lot to do with the artistic side of me (painting and drawing). I do think in images the majority of the time.

Thanks for all your input on my experience, as now I can see that a lot of it makes more sense now. I have been reading a lot of posts on this message board the past couple of days...and in that short amount of time, I went from being a skeptic, to a believer in RVing. The many benefits of having an open mind!

I suppose I could just label my experience as nothing more than the eye trickery of staring at a white wall for extended moments, but there's some kind of feeling that makes me think it's much more.

However, I'm going to try RVing next time with eyes closed, because I've noticed that once I see an image appear, I hate to blink my eyes, and that can get uncomfortable.

Thanks a lot polka_dot_PUH_JOMMIES, and nice to meet you!

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
I suppose I could just label my experience as nothing more than the eye trickery of staring at a white wall for extended moments, but there's some kind of feeling that makes me think it's much more.
I agree and disagree ;D As you come to know me, this will make sense :p

I don't think you should label your experience as eye trickery...I think you were 'onto to it'...you just haven't had enough experience yet to know what you are 'seeing' (as in almost, kind of, somewhat, I think...lol ) I agree that it was much more. so 'see', we agree :D

As you read, pay attention to the information regarding literal seeings..and AOL's ( as NOT in America On Line ::) )

Happy that you found some value in my input. I sure know what it's like to crave information and understanding of these obscure happenings. Once you get a few more targets under your belt, you will become hooked! I love the mental challenge of all of this...( let's forget that it has also reduced my mind to dust at times :-/ )

Feel free to ask all the questions you have. There are many knowledgeable members who can communicate their knowledge quite well. You will learn lots and enjoy yourself here.

You say you are doing lots of reading already... now I understand 'seeing' a guy with huge bags under his bloodshot eyes ;)

here... 8)
take these and put on ~~ you have lots and lots to read. lol

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"
Howdy Key :)

Ok, first things first. Before you travel down this road, I want you to realize there are some things to concider. There will be costs invovled, both mentaly and emotionaly. By this I mean it will effect your life on many levels. Be aware of this before starting. If you need a more detailed explaination send me a pm and I'll get you my phone number so we can talk at length. In the interum, here is an exerpt from a post I made on 9/5/03.

1st thing. Before you start, get a copy of Joe McMoneagle's book "MIND TREK" and read it. Pay
attention to the section that covers (I forget the chapter, sorry) belief structures and what changes Joe went
through, also the part about getting from believing to knowing. I wish I had paid better attention to
those parts of his book. I might have lessened the impact of the changes that I had to go through.

2nd and very important. FIND A MENTOR. Someone you can call and talk to that has been doing RV
for several years. He or She can help you in ways I can't begin to explain. Sometimes just by listening.

3rd be prepared. Because it will change you and your life. It will also change your relationships with
others.

4th Find an outlet or sounding board. When you first start, there will be times you will find yourself so
excited when you get your feedback, you'll feel like you have to tell someone. (word of warning, some
families and or spouses will think your nuts, so be careful who you share with) A Mentor is invaluable at
this point.

One other thought here, something I was told, and have found to very true: As you go forward with RV,
there will be those who will not come with you.
I always feel a little sad when I think about that. There is a cost associated with it.

I don't wish to come off negatively here. I just want those who are starting down this road to be better prepaired than I was for the changes that are ahead of them.

That being said, I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

I gave up soon after that because I wasn't seeing what I wanted to see.
Remember this, you need to want to see the truth, or what is fact. We all want to be right when we view, what is more important is wanting to see the facts more than you want to be right. You probably won't see what you want to see, but you will see the truth.

Sounds like a Ganzfield result, basicaly your eyes were straining a bit. (at least thats my guess) As far as the other senses, I very seldom get anything besides visuals. I'm a visual person, I tend to think in pictures, so thats why I get what I get. So, if you're a visual person like pdPJ mentioned, thats probably why.

Also, can anyone tell me if your supposed to RV with your eyes opened or closed
I do mine with my eyes closed 95% of the time. I have done it with my eyes open (while driving done the road, it's a game I play with my niece and nephew) but if I doing a serious sesion, my eyes are closed.

how exactly do you pick a target to RV? Do you say it aloud, or do you just think it up?
Ok, your just starting out, so I would suguest you do this totaly blind. By that I mean you should have NO knowledge whatsoever as to the target, untill you are completly done! Find a friend or relative to pick a target for you and write it down on a slip of paper and put it away. Tell them not to reveal the target to you untill you are done! When you are done, then and only then, have the person show you the slip of paper with the target description on it. One thing to note here is the person chosing your targets needs to know how to pick a "Training" target. There is a section in Chief McMoneagles book that explains it in detail. The short answer is have him or her pick out a landmark, such as the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO. Stay with those untill you feel comfortable going on to something else.

Well that's my 2 cents worth, I hope it helps.

BTW, welcome to TKR, and Remote Viewing.

:)

W

wizopeva

I started out with some relaxation exercises, and then some deep breathing.

Some kind of cool down like that is popular for many viewers.

After I was relaxed, I stared at the blank wall, and after a few minutes of keeping my mind as blank as I could, I started to see some visual images. They started getting more intense as I looked on and transformed from tiny shapes into whirlpool type images that seemed to draw my eyes in....At points the images went from jagged, to liquid formations. that was the most exciting part...I gave up soon after that because I wasn't seeing what I wanted to see.

Hm, well I would probably suggest first of all to not have any expectations or put any limits on yourself. You don't know what you want to see cuz you don't know what the target is or how your subconscious mind might try to portray it to you right? So it's probably a bit early to know what you should and should not see or what steps may come to pass before you start getting getting data. These beginning times are when you are experimenting and then afterwards, checking back at the feedback to see what worked and what didn't. The only way to know what is going to work is to later check the feedback and then keep doing sessions and keep checking feedback. And of course, the real stinker is that it may slowly change as you evolve. That's why it takes a while to become accomplished. It's all about learning about what's inside of you and how to get it out. There's going to be variation among people so don't worry too much if what you see or experience isn't exactly likely someone else.

That doesn't mean much. Everyone experiences things differently. The only way is to keep doing it. I don't think I've ever tasted anything yet and smell is rare for me. Mostly, I just get ideas in my head. But I don't care how it comes as long as it's useful/correct. Since you are just starting, it's not unusual for much of what you get to seem fleeting. But with practice, it will get stronger and you will start to pick up new sensations and skills as well.

Also, can anyone tell me if your supposed to RV with your eyes opened or closed,

Depends on who you talk to. You may get more imagery and more imagination with eyes closed but a lot of people do it that way. In CRV, it's usually eyes open though. I'd say you may want to try both. I often do eyes open for a while and then go for a few periods of eyes closed interspersed with writing down what I saw in between.

and also (even though I've read a lot of material on RVing) how exactly do you pick a target to RV? Do you say it aloud, or do you just think it up?

I get my targets off the net. You can just write down the target ID and then move on with the session. That's what I do. Rest assured, your subconscious mind doesn't have to be told 20 times what the target is. It heard you the first time, LOL! But of course that's just my opinion and what I do. Some people do like to repeat the target ID to themselves or sort of meditate on it a bit. Either way works.

I think most of your probs will sort of resolve themselves if you do lots of sessions. Just keep yourself blind to the target. No cheating now! And make sure you have decent feedback for almost all of your sessions. Then just observe what happens each session and how it correlates with the feedback. In some ways, there are only a few really hard and fast rules like that. A lot of the rest is a process of observing yourself over and over.
-E