Fortean Times on Remote Viewing\Monroe Inst

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"
Oh, you people and your "Grip on reality" :-X

Now I have not been to the Monroe center, but I had aspirations to until reading this thread.

I am okay with Jesus Christ in my room.

I am okay with people screaming down the hall.

I am okay with people sobbing for 3 days.

...but men crying?  That is just toooooo much.  What sort of freaky trippin' mind bender is this place?

Whew.... I am getting all sweaty just thinking about it.

Now, I have been using the hemisynch CDs and it has provided a unique experience.  I wake up later with NO memory of the last 30 minutes of the CD.  None....  so if just the CDs can do that.... I bet the Gateway experience has got to be potent.

We have talked before on the subject of the "mind bending" nature of RV practice.  It really is good that the Monroe people make an effort to screen folks, and we need to continue to talk up the need for grounding and care in this process.  

Seriously, I am not in a hurry to go through the Gateway experience, but I do hope to someday.  I am noticing still that the use of binaural beat audio from my homemade software does create changes, and the continued RV practice does seem to correlate with more spontaneous type PSI experiences.  

Waterway, lol, well said brother, well said.

From what I have gathered over the years in my reading and inquires of various sources, it's my opinion that the Monroe Inst. courses are alot like using a floatation tank. I.E. what each of our experiances are unique unto ourselves.

AND like PJ mentioned, when one goes inside ones own mind, sometimes there are things there that are disturbing to say the least.

So what if some guy saw Jesus. He should count himself lucky, he could have seen Lucifer instead.

As far as the person screaming down the hall, and the other sobbing, they just were not prepared for what was inside their our mind.

(chuckle) I think back to the first time I floated in the isolation tank, I was aprehensive, nervous, and almost chickened out because what I had read from various sources about other folks experiances. I remember standing there looking inside of the tank, feeling like it was kind of dark and ominous in there. The facility dirrector asked me what I was thinking, knowing something was on my mind. I told him my concerns and asked him "what will I encounter in there?" He smiled and told me, "Only that which you take with you."

LOL, I didn't know how to take that answer.

The point is though, each of us is different. Therefore each of our experiances going through these courses will be different, as well as what we get out of them. Just because a few people "flake out and loose it" does not mean the course will effect you in that way.

I too WILL be going to the Monroe institute one day. When, I don't know, but I can say for certain. "I will be going". I think the courses they offer there are "one way of many" to look inside oneself, and so far, they seem to be one of the best arround.

Ehh, that's my 2 cents worth.

W

wizopeva

The facility dirrector asked me what I was thinking, knowing something was on my mind. I told him my concerns and asked him "what will I encounter in there?" He smiled and told me, "Only that which you take with you."

LOL, now that sounds exactly like something Yoda would say! ;D Sometimes those old standbys are hard to understand until after you have sort of experienced it for yourself. Before that, it's easy to write em off as vague spiritual mumbojumbo. Sometimes we spend so much time looking for answers and it turns out we just weren't seeing the forest through the trees! I can think of just way too many times when stuff like that has happened to me. ::)
-E

K

Klaatu

As anyone who knows me will know, since I'm a TMI junkie and will blather on about TMI to anyone who will listen, I've been to TMI several times--five programs now: Gateway Voyage, Guidelines, Heartline, Timeline and Lifeline, in that order, once a year beginning in 2000. I've also worked my way through the Gateway Experience tapes. I've been a TMI member since 1999 and a member of the Dolphin Energy Club since 2000.

Okay, so, now you all can pretty much guess my take on this topic. I love TMI; it's been nothing but good for me. I can see that not everyone would feel the same way about it, and that's fine by me.

I haven't read the Fortean Times articles, so I can't comment on them, other than to say that in my completely fair and unbiased opinion, anyone who disses TMI is a doo-doo head. ;)

(I will freely declare that I have cried more than once at TMI programs.)

Karl

cyberyoyo

The facility dirrector asked me what I was thinking, knowing something was on my mind. I told him my concerns and asked him "what will I encounter in there?" He smiled and told me, "Only that which you take with you."

LOL, now that sounds exactly like something Yoda would say! ;D
Well that's actually a direct quote from empire strikes back lol
</geekyness>

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my gosh. The secret is out: remote viewers are science fiction geeks!

Really, we don't wear those trusty tinfoil hats to protect our brains from cosmic mind-melding rays, but just so we can dress up, tape paper plates to our friends, do the Spock fingers and socially bond as the best person who can moan OHHHH, THE PAIN! THE PAIN!

Ahem. But seriously....

waterway

PJ penned:

"Oh my gosh. The secret is out: remote viewers are science fiction geeks!"

I resent being pigeon-holed like that, its unfair to restrict me to some 'catagory', since it limits me and how people think of me. I prefer to NOT think of myself as a science fiction geek. Instead, I hope you will simply know me as a "geek" without the constraints of merely being into sci-fi. My interests run the entire range of geek, my library is a geek cornicopia of geekness, my monologues of geek trivia cause eye rolling so quickly many people actually fall backwards.

Okay, that said, back on thread. I know the gov't program ran some folks though TMI. Did all the Stargate folks do the TMI experience?

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
Instead, I hope you will simply know me as a "geek" without the constraints of merely being into sci-fi. My interests run the entire range of geek, my library is a geek cornicopia of geekness, my monologues of geek trivia cause eye rolling so quickly many people actually fall backwards.

OMG...this man knows his stuff...this was spoken in pure geeknesses ;D

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Waterway,

Only the early star gate viewers were sent there, mostly just as an exercise in opening their minds and relaxing into intuition I think. Some of the later viewers may have gone but from what I understand they did it later and on their own time.

The TMI programs really are cool!

I'd really like to attend Skip's RV practicum. Laying around for a week, eating yummy food someone else cooks, in the lovely Blue Ridge Mountains environ, and someone actually facilitating my viewing--tasking etc.--sounds GREAT!

The program cost isn't that big a deal but the airfare and a week off work is a pain...

PJ

Benton

Staff member
I live a bit closer, in central NC, so I could make the trip in a few hours by car. Hmmmm..... Its definitely something to think about. Me and the family were up in the Virginia mountains a weekend or two ago, and its a very beautiful place.

So who are names on the staff there now I would recognize, other than Skip? Does Joe M. still work there?

I've been using some of the Hemisynch CDs, and have enjoyed the experience.

-Benton (waterway)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Joe never 'worked there' Benton -- not like a regular employee or something -- the article in Fortean had a weird way of putting that.

Joe got a contractor's license and built his own house nearby. He married the then-Director of TMI (the stepdaughter of Bob Monroe, who founded TMI with him). Joe built an addition to one of the TMI buildings (as a general contractor).

Aside from that, he gives a talk for whatever class is in session in a given week. He's not always in town, but he lives so close, he makes most of them.

If I lived near there and could afford it I'd spend half my life there. :)

PJ

W

wizopeva

Yeah, I was told McMoneagle tries to give a talk on his past and rv whever he is around and feeling able. Usually, it's an evening affair after the 'official' exercises and tape sessions are over. When I was there, he also dropped in one time for lunch with everyone. He answered lots of questions and seem to enjoy his time as well. I suspect that if you can get him talking and enjoying himself, he's more likely to stick around for a bit. Since there are only like 20 or so people per TMI program, each person is just about sure to get at least a few questions in, if they so desire.
-E

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah... the last few years he was in chronic, mind-bending pain from his back, even 'through' heavy medication, which made him a little different in person than he is outside that of course. Since he got that taken care of, you can even see in his face what a difference it's made. I bet people meeting him now vs. previously will really notice the diff.

PJ