Ghosts

workerant

Lost, Out of sync., On a different wave length.
Now, there's probably already a dozen old threads here about this, but instead of looking for those I'll just start this one to cover my most recent experiences.

So, I'm dog and house sitting this weekend, seems I've done a lot of that this summer for a few people. This house and dog belong to my really good friends (and is my favorite dog), I bought fresh food for Lucy [the devine German Shepherd], including several cans with an eye to giving her variety in her diet.
Variety is an issue I'm admittedly always harping on to her master. He shops without his glasses and usually returns with 20 cans of various chicken flavors of which she gets tired and refuses to finish. OK, so I get annal about this.
So when I put them away in the cupboard, I stack them in such a manner that when her master grabs each one out, he'll get a different variety. I bought a couple of each flavor, so it was easy to juggle them around.
This morning, I go to the cupboard to discover that they have been arranged, two by two of the same kinds. :eek: WIERD !
Both of the Grandpas of the family died [a short time apart] a few years back. One in fact, is in an urn in the study. one was a dedicated nasty cigar smoker, and I as well as two of the family members have occasionally smelled cigar smoke in the house for no other apparent reason.
Occasionally, as well, Lucy [the dog] will yip and stare at nothing.
I have no problem with this. I don't have all the answers about ghosts, but I know they occure. I have seen apparitions and have had many episodes of unusual happenings. Not just in this house. I have a ghost that seems to follow me around and has at least given the shudders to various other people over the years. I like to think [he or she] is watching over me.
Back to the topic, I think one of the grandpas had a little fun in the cupboard last night to make fun of how annal I am about the dog food issue. ;D That's OK, I can take it. ;)

R

restful

Well, as long as you don't have some anal boyfriend who is a neat freak and doesn't know you can swim trying to kill you--you should be ok.

The grandpa in the urn may bother me. That just means he's literally still there...ummm. You could try putting all the spices together in alpha order and see what happens?

Scary lol ;) I'd probably be checking the doors/windows about now.
Brayden

workerant

Brayden, I mean Snapper, no Brayden, ;D,

No killer boyfriends that I know of. Well, not lately anyhow. Just the dog and me, and whoever or whatever. I haven't told the actual house owners yet about this. They aren't quite as accepting of such phenominon. :eek:

R

restful

Yeah, some people definitely are not open to the idea. Dogs and cats seem especially sensitive (mostly). I've heard of a family redoing the house, nobody was able to stay there. They bought it though. As they remodeled, she was "informed" if the ghost wasn't happy with the choices made. She made a couple of trips back and exchanged it. She said she got to where she asked if it was ok to do this ahead of time :). She felt like she was being observed but after talking outloud to "whoever" it was a lot more comfortable when she was alone in the house and eventually she loved that house. Only other weird thing was Cinco de Mayo is a big celebration in this area and further west. She'd hear noises like party noises but around 2am, there would be a bang and silence. She said nothing was out of place in the house though. I've had a few experiences but probably nothing that long-term or that many people to witness it. She also heard noises like someone cleaning up the kitchen; washing dishes late at night if she didn't. Unfortunately, the dishes were still there the next morning LOL. She's a reliable source imo. Just learned to accept it lol.

Snapper brayden--I'll change it, too confusing.

R

restful

I changed it back to Brayden even though Mapper Frappre Brapper has a nice ring to it ;D

workerant

( Personally I like "Snaden".)

UPDATE:

I was finally telling the guy who lives there, [in the house in question], about my experience. He related to me that when he and his wife were looking to buy a house, and saw that one, she said shortly after first stepping inside of it," I think someone died in this house. I don't want to live here."
He just shrugged it off and bought the house anyway. She has never felt comfortable in the house and poured herself into long work days to stay away from it. She's convinced of a nasty smell in the place that only she can perceive, and never feels alone when she is alone in the house.
Stuff they havenever told me before.

R

restful

Why don't they sell it if it's that bad? We don't fart in the South btw ;). Women anyway.

Snayden sounds like snotty brayden. Brapper is good.

workerant

Brapper,
"I don't even own a dog...."
Try a dog. They help, really.

It isn't that the house is 'that bad', I've been in more active buildings. I find it amusing actually. Harmless ghostly pranks.

R

restful

WA,

The "I don't even have a dog" thing is a quote from some guy. Something to do with I couldn't have done it because...I don't even have a dog. It's just a saying. Like I'm not guilty, couldn't have been me.

On the house, I'd still wonder if someone had been in there with all the cans re-arranged. Once isn't bad, if it happened a lot, I'd get weirded out lol. Dogs are great, I agree.

Brayden

Joe_S

It's not a ghost, it's ummmm Swamp Gas.. Please go about your business, nothing happened, noting to see here....

Joe_S

Women in the south use the swamp gas excuse a lot... I think they invented it, the MIB's just copied it....

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
a psi riddle ~

If we all believe the theory of everything being an illusion, then just what would 'ghosts' be? hmmmmm ;D or this almost a koan? ::)

Marv_Darley

Staff member
Speaking of ghosts, this seems like a good place to tell you about the viewing I did last night...

Pulled one from my target pool and started viewing. A variety of ideograms, though the final one caused me a bit of bother when it came to decoding it. I ended up writing `energetics` and then `meaning` afterwards, before moving on through the session.

Data came in pretty thick and fast, and fairly soon I was dealing with what appeared to be a large structure from which something was tumbling or being pushed. The impression of a violent action or violence in general dominated, as did my insistence on drawing two parallel bars up the side of the of the tall structure every time I drew it. ???

Around fifteen minutes in and I got the impression of a woman standing upon what I AOLed as battlements, or at least some kind of horizontal bar curving away from her.

Later still and I started drawing two rows of ornate symetrical vertical bars, whilst continuing to be proccupied with this long structure with the two bars running down either side.

Eventually I began to get visions of wooden beamed rooms, plush seats, a woman with a child, a child playing hide and seek...at one point I `heard` what sounded like something thumping down hard on wooden floorboards. The impression of something falling or being pushed from a height persisted.

Also of note was a couple seconds worth of time spent experiencing a `cloud` or something, the sense of a `burden,` and a minute spent sketching the design on a robe or piece of cloth associated with the target.

Having finished up I opened the target envelope to discover that my target was the famous photo of the Brown Lady Ghost on the staircase with the psychic directive `describe the source of the unusual light in this photograph.`

Photo can be found here:

http://www.castleofspirits.com/brownlady.html

Instantly I spotted that my two rows of ornate bars were the bannister supports, that I`d been mistakenly drawing the stairs as a `filled out` structure (complete with handrail) etc.
This, plus the continual presence of the woman, flashes of an old house, children etc. suggets that I was pretty much on target throughout... :D

As such I`m particularly interested in two things. Firstly, the fact that my `energetics` ideogram showed up at all, not to mention the strange `meaning` I assigned to it, suggests that there was at least some kind of strange energy at work on the stairs when the photo was taken. In other words, the photo has not been doctored. (Would any such `doctoring` or image-alteration show up as an `energetics` ideogram? I doubt it.)

Secondly...that thump, of something heavy on wood. The persistent sense of something falling or being pushed. The sense of something violent occuring. Knowing nothing about the photo (other than that it`s been cropping up in ghost-books since I was a kid) I`m intrigued to learn that one theory has Lady Townshend (the so-called `Brown Lady`) killed by being pushed down the stairs. My viewing would tend to support this.

Anyhow, just thought I`d share it,

Marv :)

workerant

Marv,

A fascinating session there MD. You may have viewed the past ;). Also a fun link. 8)

Brapper,
" On the house, I'd still wonder if someone had been in there with all the cans re-arranged. Once isn't bad, if it happened a lot, I'd get weirded out lol. "

No, no. ya see, the reason I was there keeping this particular dog is that she has a reputation as viscious, [with police envolvement], and I am one of the few whom she accepts. I would go ANYWHERE with this dog. It would take bullets to stop us. In fact, I consider her my familiar.
No, nobody was in there but her and I. And I want to point out here, that I'm not saying that this is a creepy house with lots of occurances although the lady of the house has her particular feelings about it.

Polka_dot,

Hi, where have you been? "
If we all believe the theory of everything being an illusion, then just what would 'ghosts' be? hmmmmm or this almost a koan? "

Personally, I believe in multiple parallel universes, and alternate dimensions. As far as "ghosts" go, there are different types of hauntings. It's a really, really BIG cosmos with room enough for all possiblilties including swamp gas.
For all I know, this could have been the guardian that I believe has followed me around for years. :eek:

Sweet dreams :p

R

restful

Cool link/story Marv :) Always like to see your work.

Workerant,

I have never thought of a dog as a familiar before. I had a lhasa for 15 years and she got sick, really sick. She guarded me like nothing else. That's why I say I'll never get another one. She'd bite my mom for coming in my room when I was sleeping. But she was the best dog I've ever met..she was a sweetie. That makes your house story even more interesting though, no person could have gotten passed the dog LOL. Well, maybe you do have a guardian and they were playing with you or who knows. Next time you zone in the house, you could ask ;).

Brayden