gotpsi.org

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
So it's looking like Joe_Black is like, never ever gonna hear the end of it about changing that little post up on the RV board. ;D

Good thing he's a tough guy. He can take it. In fact I think we should maybe beat up on him more often just to make sure he's sufficiently socially seasoned. ;-)

PJ

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
In fact I think we should maybe beat up on him more often just to make sure he's sufficiently socially seasoned. ;-) PJ

But done only with love in our hearts and minds of course ...just as we always do. OHHHH.. I 'hear' something...oh,never mind. It's just me snickering :D

polkadotpuhjommies

P.S.  
Don't strain yourself PDPJ ..write this off as the drooling dribbles  
of a lunatic we shall here dubbeth .......Sir Bigsley Squiggles.
Just another moment navigating through other moments

;D  

Actually, not too beyond my comprehension Art. Even at this early hour in the AM I was able to maintain your thought connections.  hmmmm, does that make us both Bigsley Squiggles?  kinda scary huh?  ;) ...but thanks for thinking of me :D

(I take it you DID read my other post about my possible difficulty in transitioning ? !   ;)   )

Rocheleh

As to gotpsi.org.... there algorhythums are beatable.
Create a name & I'll add three numbers to it and get the
top score{s} tommorow to prove it.

If this is true, don't you think you should tell Radin?

If you want to demonstrate, do it on Sunday (cause I'm not online for most of Saturday) and use the nickname you use here.

polkadotpuhjommies

Not offended because....hmmmm
1. Waaaay too early in the morning
2. I pick my offenses carefully
3. I was able to follow along, for the most part, but in the end, just blinked a few times and then let it all go.o.o.o.o.o.o.
78294bd3.gif

Poor PJ
SITTHISONEOUT.gif
....when does it end?
HAVEAQUESTION.gif

polkadotpuhjommies

WTF are you talking about steppe? I cannot understand you.

Deja vu

Haven't we already been this route?  
buttkick_thumb.gif

Here ya go Joe_B
badassbuddy_com-erase.gif

** Keep your eye on post chameleon post #31   :-X

Dedicated to PJ ;)

joanie

WTF are you talking about steppe? I cannot understand you.

To understand Steppe, you have to read a lot of poetry and stream of consciousness style writing.  He speaks much in symbolic and coded language - :D

Of course (I'm really not boasting here) but being that I've been around poets for twenty odd years now, I understand just about EVERYTHING he says  ;D, but he probably already knows that  ;).

Don't ask me to interpret though - might help to think of his writing as a challenge to learn to speak in coded symbolic language - a different kind of mission if you choose to accept it (not for the weak of heart or mind - heehee).  ;D

Joanie

PS. Many interesting points you made Steppe about various "powers that be groups" who some might wish to wise up and abandon attempts to con/hustle the universe for their own ahem, I'll add "power desires?"  An act of folly/delusion of grandeur indeed.  Don't think they'll be wising up anytime soon though.  Plus, the gawds are crazy.  Once in a while they toss us a cookie to make us think we're in charge for awhile.  (just my humble opinion.)  

Also your reference to Castaneda's dissociative experiences - I recall from the "Art of Dreaming" a major one.  His students seem to LIVE that way in giving up their "personal history" - not the path for everyone (not for me anyway, but certainly one for a sorceror-warrior.)

polkadotpuhjommies

To understand Steppe, you have to read a lot of poetry and stream of consciousness style writing.  He speaks much in symbolic and coded language - :D

Good for you Joanie!

You snagged the quote from response #31 which keeps 'the thread in context' should there be any creative edititing and more importantly, were able to lend support to a fellow TKR member where most of us probably could not have.

I'll be the first to admit that I've had many a difficulty following many posts and/or parts of posts. I've even posted my difficulty on the boards recently asking if there couldn't be a better way of expressing so that all the hard 'think tank' work wouldn't go for naught. HOWEVER...

there have been many I have been able to follow or at least get the general, if not specific, gist of the content. By far, Steppes last post on this thread was one of the easier ones for me and I didn't have to take an hour to sift and sort through it ;D

It's apparent that this/his style of writing is not what we are 'used' to here and ya just can't 'speed read' through them as we can with most others. Why Gollie.....ya have to stretch and think a bit with Steppes posts ~ I agree with you on this one Joanie ~ and frankly, most of us don't want to take the time to bother/try to do much that costs us personal time unless it's 'easy'.

So, thanks Joanie for doing what we couldn't/didn't do. I don't like seeing anyone not getting a fair shake or their chance to express themselves. After all, the TKR boards are no different than 'real life' ~ we all have the ability/responsibility to mesh with and blend with and get along with our fellow man on whatever level we meet them.
Why!! ....It's a *Benton Thing* ;D

polkadotpuhjommies

I'm glad you jumped back in on this convo Steepe. While I was typing my response to Joanies post, I couldn't help but feel weird...like I was talking about someone 'who wasn't here'...kind of talking about you, around you, kind of thing. It was awkward to say the least.

Thanks for explaining a bit from your perspective. I'm not sure who you are thinking will 'be infuriated' because this group is highly tolerant and quite willing to discuss whatever it is that causes a stir. Besides, getting people riled up a bit is good for the blood flow in the brain!...lot's of times great things come out of differences.

I'm sorry we've had to discuss your posts to the degree that we have, but honestly, they ARE difficult to get through. However, your last post wasn't difficult at all. Maybe your last post could be the prototype for you?...the way to continue to express yourself without all they symbolism etc?

I realize you have quite an artistic bent, but not all here do, which is part of the problem. Our daily lives are so full and so structured in linear words/thinking/expressing that we get befuddled when we come across highly stylized and symbolic expressiveness. Good Grief....look at the difficulties we have in the galleries with symbolism within target data!

Maybe just straight and to the point is the way to go when posting to a general membership, yet keeping your uniqueness? Wadda ya think? Could this be a solution?

polkadotpuhjommies

PDPJ
I'm sorry we've had to discuss your posts to the degree that we have, but honestly, they ARE difficult to get through.

Steppe
I know.
But if I speak too directly I get paranoid
that the branch I'm standing out on is going
to break or get sawed off.

Hi Steppe
I think the above is just about the whole thing in a nutshell. That you are able to know and identify the 'why', now you can work on 'the solutions' part.

Thanks for working through this with us.

joanie

Maybe just straight and to the point is the way to go when posting to a general membership, yet keeping your uniqueness? Wadda ya think? Could this be a solution?

PDPJ -

Have to admit I exaggerated a bit :). I really don't understand EVERYTHING that Steppe says, but then again, I don't have a need to either. Neither do I have a need to force him to explain better. I just interpret/understand what I can and do and then just leave the rest as is.

I think the best solution is to just let people be exactly who they are and express themselves in ways that feel right to them. Everyone has the right to exercise their own boundary to express as they do in ways that feel "right" to them. Often there are very good reasons for this.

I'm trying to think of an example. So here's one. If Einstein were here posting on TKR :)- in order for me to understand his equations, I would probably need some mathematical background. But would I demand that Einstein just speak directly simply because I don't speakee the same language? Nope! (((giggle))) If I'm genuinely interested in a particular of one's expression, I might ASK about it in hopes of fuller or deeper comprehension though and feel that's totally appropriate to do. Still, complex things often require a complex and unique language to express. That's it (as I see it.)

Our lives are full of "imperfect connections." You connect where you can where things can be grasped and with respect to what cannot be grasped, it's like the Paul McCartney song, just "let it be."

Anyway - just my thoughts on what works for me.

Joanie

polkadotpuhjommies

I think the best solution is to just let people be exactly who they are and express themselves in ways that feel right to them. Everyone has the right to exercise their own boundary to express as they do in ways that feel "right" to them. Often there are very good reasons for this.

I couldn't agree more overall. I wouldn't have commented on any of this if it hadn't been for the types of remarks/responses being made when questions/comments are being addressed and or asked. I don't like to be a part of or witness rudeness/critisims that only inflame rather than to illicit more understanding/clarity.

Maybe it's my Barney Suit for the underdog mentality ;D

I'll let it go now. It's going to be what it's going to be, but I just wanted to 'help' if help was what was needed to overcome the apparent difficulties. Nuff said. :)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
So... this thread has long ceased to have anything to do with gotpsi.org...

polkadotpuhjommies

There were still some questions and comments on the table, but upon my just looking for them, I realized that quite a few posts have been deleted from this thread in the past day or 2.

Interesting how the modify and delete options are becoming so popular all of a sudden. :-X

Rocheleh

There were still some questions and comments on the table, but upon my just looking for them, I realized that quite a few posts have been deleted from this thread in the past day or 2.

Part of it can be reconstructed from my posts. (I didn't delete anything.) In a nutshell, Steppe alleged that he had found a way to break the gotpsi.org target algorithm, and upon my request, he said he would show proof on Sunday. I haven't received anything from him this far, and now he's deleted his original posts.

This is the problem with the RV world, everyone's all talk and claims, but when they have to deliver, they shy away from it. *long long sigh*

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member

Interesting how the modify and delete options are becoming so popular all of a sudden. :-X  

To me deleting post, having ppl changing history of what they said publically is wrong and would seem to open the door for abuse.

I am going to bring the matter up with the council of folks who run the place.  It would seem to me that changing or deleting posts should be stopped.

Gene Smith

Modified P.S. Unless of course a lot of people think this is a stupid idea at which point I will delete this post and ad my voice to all those haranguing the idiot who came up with this notion to begin with.