I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

The_Kato

Hi, I’m semi-extremely new to remote viewing...and i'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum area.. I'm in the process of downloading the 24 lessons on SRV from the farsight institute. With dial up it'll take forever. I've heard of people using remote viewing to meet other "beings" but the only information I have found is like the drawings of pictures and stuff. Could someone point me in the right direction as to maybe where I could find a book or something on it. I'd really appreciate it. Also I was wondering if this version of remote viewing has a good rep.
Thanks
Stephen

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Go to this link, you can download all those files directly, WinMX is a major pain in the ___! :)

http://www.palyne.com/me/free-remote-viewing-methods-how-to-learn-rv.shtml

Aliens/Entities: Can't help ya. Can't live with 'em, can't produce 'em on command. Speaking of things which are a pain in the ______ . . .

Version of RV: reputation is pretty arbitrary and it just depends on where you're standing. CRV is the original, but how much meaning that has in practice I can't say. SRV is highly similar, if that helps.

I recommend getting McMoneagle's book MIND TREK (you can usually find it in inter-library loan) and read the part on viewing, choosing targets, etc. He's even got some... um... "entities" in there for ya. ;-)

PJ

The_Kato

Thank you for the info. I'll try and get that book. It's a bit overwhelming...there's just so much information out there...and I know so very little about this.... On I just remembered something...it was an old broadcast of art bell. This guy said he remote viewed some sort of beings I guess and he said they are able to sense when your near them and sometimes they would follow him back to his home...has anyone heard anything about this happening?
Stephen

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you believe anythingeverything you hear on Art Bell, you have quite a task of exploration ahead of you. ;D

Nearly everybody in the RV field goes on about aliens; some are just more understated and reasonable-seeming, while others are wide-starry-eyed 'loons about it. Throw a rock in this field and you're likely to hit someone who's talked about aliens, and many people quite publicly.

Art's had nearly everybody on, so it's hard for me to say who you might have heard, sorry. The overdose of information in this layman's field can sometimes make it difficult to be properly discriminating about reality, though. You might want to take everything and everybody (including me and here) with a good dose of salt until you start feeling like your feet are on solid ground. ;-)

Best,
PJ

Abstract_1dea

I believe there is plenty of mysteries to look for right here on Earth. You don't need to search for aliens.

There are many older posts about lessons and training notes from classes and seminars. Please look through them soak up all the info you can.

I would recomend listening to the MP3's over and over until you can almost mouth the words.

http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=rvgenl;action=display;num=1121121126

http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=rvgenl;action=display;num=1121330718

http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=rvgenl;action=display;num=1104847075

http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=rvgenl;action=display;num=1108738344

R

restful

I had no idea everyone had a belief in aliens or interest. I never have believed in them (touch wood) or have had any interest or experience with them.

After posting that, I'll have to look over my shoulder I guess :-X.

Brayden

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well depending on your experience, aliens and 'entities' become somewhat difficult to differentiate. Sometimes it's a matter of the label.

Abstract_1dea

Does it really matter?

I suppose entities outside of our accepted existence are alien to us in more ways then one.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get more than you bargained for!

R

restful

Aliens and entities as in spirits/ghosts all being the same? I never thought of that. No comments here ;D.

Brayden

The_Kato

Too...much..information...information..overload.....lol I tried to download them from your website but it as saying it was going to take almost 10 hours and the winmx at the most 2 hours....I wouldn't really mind since I download them at night, but... I'll just try and stay calm and finish the 24 lessons (whenever I get them downloaded that is.....) and after that go on from there.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
The overload of info is because you're diving in. You dive in deep water, well, it's deep, lol. You can easily just step back, and spent an hour or two looking at website X, then the next night at website Y, then the next night reading a book, etc.

Brayden: I have a quote from a guy who is a quiet leader in an occult field, concerning aliens and entities. This is from July 1995:

[Quoting a response from Bill Heidrick (used with permission):]

On Enochian beings and modern aliens, you have hit one of my blind spots. I get a rash every time UFO's and aliens come up. My basic reaction is "Yuck!" Actually, this is the historical drift of "what does it all mean?" Long ago, people took unexplained things to be similar to ordinary people and critters. There's a nymph in that stream and a dryad in that oak -- no problem, same as Fred and Georgette down the road at the old Gridely place, just folks. Then Government got into the act with state control of religion -- some of these beings became categorized as Gods/Goddesses, Demons, Ancestral spirits, Elementals and the whole pantheon, by the book, government seal of approval and the like. In John Dee's time, Angels and Devils with neutral spirits in between, that was the fashion. Last century, it was spirits of the dead lost on their way to the other world -- rather tacky approach, if you ask me. Now it's egg heads with little green bodies from Sirius, with a dash of hobo wandering Atlantian's thrown in for leavening.

I think Aliens and UFO's amount to nothing but a Cargo Cult like that of the South Pacific after WWII -- they are all going to land here some day and either take us home or give us good stuff. All of this labeling of the entities amounts to trying to fit a current cultural understanding on an underlying phenomenon that seems to be a constant throughout human existence. There are invisible, mental or spiritual things going on. Call it by whatever name makes sense at the time. It won't change because the name changes. Names are for feeling comfortable in the present culture. As cultures change, names change. Same stuff, different pretty label. It's the same, although more subtle, on the issue of whether these matters are a part of you or apart from you. Different cultures need to see it one way or the other. What it is, nobody knows.

{copyright -- from "Bewilderness" at bewilderness.com}
part of this page: http://www.firedocs.com/bewilderness/bw_ch_18.cfm
As usual, Bill's response ends up seeming the reasonable one...

PJ

R

restful

I like that response, makes sense for me. It also taps into one of my favorite subjects.

I wonder if it makes a difference by changing the labels to responding to weird things.

For instance, instead of a "ghost" leaving out a "lost" item for you to find, you decide it's a faerie. That would change the whole vibe of the situation. Not saying that's ever happened to me but LOL. Change "entity or alien" to a little pixie trickster so it's not so negative. I agree lost souls sound tacky.

Every generation has a different idea. I'm sure you've heard of Old Hag Syndrome. I used to wake up and be unable to move. I had awareness but I would think something was in the room with me. I did some research on the web years later and it's a celtic old wives tale. Of course now they say it's a sleeping disorder. But who knows. I told my grandmother one summer and she told me to stop sleeping on my back. It worked. Still works. She knew exactly what I meant and she didn't make a big deal over it. It was more matter of fact. Anyway...I never finished Bewilderness and that sounds like a good thing to do this weekend :).

Thanks,
Brayden

psijunkie

I had the same problem, and sleeping on my back was also a consistent trigger. At first I was real scared of it but now it doesnt really bother me much, and it occurs less frequently. Sometimes I would sense this light from the corner of my vision, which is impossible because I couldnt even open my eyes. And also at first I would feel something pressing down on me, and sometimes 'pushing' me around.

A few nights ago I had a bout of sleep paralysis and I 'saw' someone sitting on the edge of my bed, and I could hear this extremely loud breathing. Nobody was there.

I wonder if there was really something in the room. Or maybe it was just my subconscious picking up on my fear and 'creating' something in my mind.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno. To be honest, although on one hand I resist 'making too big a deal about' most experiences even when they're pretty astounding, I also am not comfortable with invalidating or dismissing experiences just because there is a physical component or just because one knows what best invokes them or prevents them.

I lucid dreamed at will most of my life; I could just place myself in any idea or place and go from there. I would usually just let myself fall asleep, and then 'wake up' in some place and go, "Neat. OK, where am I?" I had out of body experiences regularly all my life.

When I was 18, I read books on both of them, utterly ASTOUNDED to find a book on the subject, not because I thought it was a secret, but just the opposite: I thought this was normal for everybody. I thought it was so normal that it's one of the things we just don't talk about. The books were of the "It really really is so just try it and it will work for you and..." which almost hurt my brain trying to comprehend it.

All the left-brain 'consoling and encouragement' had a "reverse psychology" effect on me somehow. I was incredibly left-brained in operation, and had never actually had a conversation with anybody about these things. Although they were supporting the idea, the gut feel I got from it was that they themselves were... trying to believe. Like the fact that one would have to even talk about it like it was in question, to begin with, lol!

They said that OBEs were much more unusual when you slept on one side. I had never in my life slept on that side, I noted without thinking on it too much. A year later, I realized that I constantly rolled to that side ever since I read that book. It's like, despite that I was cool with this on one level, my body had some kind of fear, and it was trying to prevent it.

But you know, I wouldn't say that just because I could mostly-prevent OBEs by sleeping on one side vs. another or my back, that this makes them 'merely physical' and anything going on within them, some kind of hallucination. I've had OBEs when 100% conscious. I've OBEd while in an RV session, while sitting up, and while awake, many times.

My aunt once woke up, so frightened she couldn't move, to see a frightening human-form, dark presence, standing next to her bed. She's in a culture that's invalidated this stuff since her birth so it never occurred to her to talk about it, or to take it seriously. She told herself maybe it was a bad dream. The next night some man broke into her remote house and violently raped her. I personally think that a lot of crazy people are pretty psychic by accident, which who knows, might relate to them picking out their victims.

I don't mean that something negative is going to happen to you!---your description is much more like the typical "sleep paralysis" descriptions than hers---but I think it's possible that what is perceived during those episodes is either sound or has a basis in soundness. 'Real' and 'Valid' are not the same thing if we are forced to call 'real' something like, "What other people perceive also." I think when we sleep, our minds are operating in a slightly different range of frequencies, and we can perceive a lot of stuff that is just as real during the day, but we don't notice it. We don't learn to deal with it.

I once had a PK experience while my body was asleep. I sat up, realized I was obe and my body was on the bed, and started thinking about something I had thought of earlier that day. I'd been reminded me of how once, while dreaming, I "found the muscle" for lifting one eyebrow. I always wanted to be able to do that. (As I say, my whole life is summed up in that expression.) While dreaming once, I figured it out and felt it. Felt much more to the outside than I'd expected. Well I'd had a thought earlier that day, "What if while I was sleeping, I could 'find the muscle' for PK, so to speak?" So, remembering this as I sat on the edge of my bed next to my body, I thought, "Now that I'm sleeping, I can do it!" So I "found the muscle" for PK. It was actually pretty obvious at the time. Hard to believe I'd missed it as long as I had. Then I tried to figure out what to DO with it. So I lifted stuff on my dresser, delighted with myself. I looked around my room, lifting various stuff, really getting a kick out of it. But for some reason, after a few minutes of that, I was TOTALLY exhausted. Then I realized in fear that it was possible, if I went back in my body and fell asleep with my body, I might forget again. So I laid back down in my body and said, "Wake up!" But I didn't. And I essentially beat on the inside of myself hollering, trying to get my body to wake up. It wouldn't budge. I was SO angry I actually started crying (er... in the astral I guess, lol!) in my frustration. So finally I told myself, ok, I will just 'remember' this over and over and over again, so that when I wake up tomorrow morning, the very first thing I think about will be this.

The first thing I thought about was that alright. But I couldn't remember how to find the muscle when un-asleep, any more than how I still can't lift one eyebrow... while awake, LOL.

It wasn't until later that I thought, why didn't I move something really MAJOR that would have proven itself to me the next day?! There was really no proof of anything. I was mad I didn't think of that. But at the time I wasn't in the doubt mode for proof, I was just like a happy kid.

Then for a few weeks I had daydreams about having PK, and before it was all over, I'd decided I was a power hungry immature jerk and I started praying to please, NEVER give me that power, as I was in utter terror about how I'd likely be tempted to misuse it. So in the end, that never recurred, but given how long I spent praying it wouldn't, I suppose that's hardly surprising LOL.

I kinda got sidetracked here I see....

PJ

psijunkie

I know this wasn't the purpose of your post, but the trick to raising one eyebrow is to start with both eyebrows scrunched down like you're glaring hard at someone, and then raise the eyebrow like you would when raising both eyebrows, except you keep the other eyebrow scrunched down.

;)

psijunkie

All the left-brain 'consoling and encouragement' had a "reverse psychology" effect on me somehow. I was incredibly left-brained in operation, and had never actually had a conversation with anybody about these things. Although they were supporting the idea, the gut feel I got from it was that they themselves were... trying to believe. Like the fact that one would have to even talk about it like it was in question, to begin with, lol!
I agree with this. If a person sees psi not as something incredibly profound and outside of science, but as ordinary functioning of the brain and part of everyday life, they will accept it more.

The_Kato

wow lol, you all are completely over my head..  PJ you sound like a very interesting/amazing person.  Is it possible for anyone to do this OBE?  I'm not sure if i read your post right but did you say you were able to move objects while in your astral form?  I don't mind the subject getting changed.  It became more interesting :eek:

R

restful

I had a long rambling 3am post but deleted it. I had apologized to Kato for hi-jacking his thread so his response is above mine.

I was wondering about the dream your aunt had PJ. That's an awful experience to go through and I feel for her.

Is there any way you can task a dream to find out the intent? If you KNOW or feel you know there is really a person involved as opposed to it just being a dream, can you task them and their intent? If someone is crazy and very psychic, how do you get them off your wavelength like you mentioned that's probably how they find their victims. Creepy to think about.

That is a totally new way to me to think about it (dreams) and your body/mind telling you something instead of assuming they are just "a bad dream".

Brayden