IRVA May 20th Anniversay Conference Rescheduled due to Corona

Kristen

Here's the official notice from John Cook. To help make up to those who have registered, they are giving the Banquet as a gift.

IRVA 2020- 20 Year Anniversary Event
Fall 2020

A letter from IRVA President, John Cook

Like me, I’m sure that you’ve been carefully watching the developing situation with the COVID-19 virus, and wondering about our upcoming March conference.

Up to this week, our plan had been to move forward with the event, even though it was understood that attendance might be low. However, it has now become clear that in addition, we will likely lose a number of our speakers. Beyond this, the apparently high case fatality rate of COVID-19 patients in older age brackets directly puts at risk the IRVA Founders who would be in attendance, as well as some of our older speakers and attendees. Although Las Vegas is not yet listed as having confirmed cases, this will surely change in the coming days, and so we have had to act on our best guess about how the situation will develop. (A confirmed case has happened as of today.)

The Board held an emergency meeting this evening to review the situation, and unanimously agreed that we must reschedule the conference. This is upsetting to have to announce, and I realize how disappointed you must be. We have not made this call lightly, nor in isolation. Several high-profile organizations (Google, and the US Federal Government being two) have just announced similar decisions with respect to events in Las Vegas.

The venue has graciously allowed us to reschedule without penalty, and we are working with them to reserve a date in the Fall. As soon as we have this information (likely within the next few days), we will let you all know. We will have the same great speaker lineup and mystery dinner and are feeling good about the new dates.

If you have signed up and did not receive a detailed letter from IRVA on cancellation policy, please check your spam folder.

Again, we sincerely regret the disappointment & inconvenience this decision causes you.

If you have questions, please reach out to me or any member of the Board.

Kind Regards,
John Cook, President
International Remote Viewing Association

IRVA Conference, see http://www.irvaconference.org/