Lightening Bugs

Benton

Staff member
So I am sitting in the back yard, reading Stacy Horn's "Unbelievable", and as it starts to get dark, the fireflys come out.

I wasn't able to quickly google the evolution of these beetles, but I suspect they have been around for millions of years.

They blink a little flash and then fly off. Why haven't firefly's evolved to blaze like a supernova for hours at a time? (Biologists or entomologists are welcome to chime in) If its all about natural selection and reproductive potential.... why can't I and everyone else learn to RV 100%. Why is it a little flash and then gone?

Isn't it obvious? RV evolved to be just significant enough to be significant. That is the whole point!

I am gonna make many people angry, but I am just going to say this. I don't think there is a Matrix, I don't think there is a signal line, I don't think there was a big bang, I don't think there are things that increase your skills because they address the mechanics of RV like getting into Theta or Beta or Mashed Potato, or the LST has anything to do with it. Okay, I know the big bang idea has nothing to do with RV, but its still considered sacred and I don't think it occurred.

I think that RV occurs just enough to make you and someone else notice, and if it confuses you and intrigues the two of you, its there. When it no longer intrigues and is not breaking new ground... it goes away.

If you believe that the RV info is coming from the planet Uranus, and is sent to you via invisible Rowan berries only under the full moon while wearing green socks, then you will have some significant RV and once it stops causing new growth in your relationship with the other people you are sharing this info with, it stops.

Comments and corrections are welcome.

Mycroft

Benton said:
.. why can't I and everyone else learn to RV 100%. Why is it a little flash and then gone?
It would defeat the purpose of being here.

We are spiritual beings trying to experience the human condition. There are many people in mental facilities that experience what you just described for disturbingly long periods of time. In fact they spend so much time on the other side they cannot rationalize the human form. Some patients can tell a person so much about a person that it gives you the willies. Those people also do not operate well in society.

A popular example was the movie 'Rain Man'. The star of the movie was a savant, not only that but he was an idiot savant. He could barely dress himself but he could tell you who would win at the race track. People like that are not common but all too real.

That would be the type of life you would lead, if you had access all the time.

The real reason more people aren't PSI practitioners is that mainstream religion, governments and diet intercept the natural progression of maturing.

As for more people having PSI abilities, I look forward to point in the foreseeable future where the PSI adept will have a distinct advantage.

Mycroft

sonny5085

where are you from (the keep) "I am from you"
I questionn the ambition of the singular beetle in his flash..was it just a
sex drive ?

The 'big bang' even if it went off..I question the firecracker and who lit it ?..

Psi abilities have been around thruout history in all manner of various forms..
the prophets..soothsayers..shamans..ect..ect..

and In varyious degrees of excellence...according to how it ..however 'it'
is measured...

I see no current phd or any degree that warrants that you have 'it' ....
at various forms.. associate degee...bachelors...ect...

The certificate on the wall ...the plaque...the md license we all look for
when we walk into the doctors office..is sadly missing from any
guru types we hear from in the pis field...

The military had a program...and much expertise or degree of knowledge is expected
from the results of that program...

Of military and military mindsets..
Military intelligence does that really exist ? I tend to believe military waste really does exist..

And can be proven more readily.

If you read all the books..and all the crv manuals..does that make you any better at any
thing rv related or any psi skill ?

Is there a test that you can take at the intro level..and grade it..?
Then at graduation level...say ..wow look at my phd in rv..and wow Im really, really good at this stuff!

I think we all, as a psi enthusaist want it. That desire to be recognized that this hobby is real..

To take it out of the hobby zone...and to make it a real and viable field with proof postive that it can
be devoloped, and the skill increased.

But yea I wonder am I any better now...than I was at the begining of my flash..is my flash
any brighter...I tend to think yea..just a wee bit...watch out for my super nova..

katzenhai2

Ambassador
They blink a little flash and then fly off. Why haven't firefly's evolved to blaze like a supernova for hours at a time?

Too long and it ends in a predators craw. Too bright and the energy consumption in relation to what is archived is too high.
Nature is harmony and balance. To concur and compete you must have a need of what you desire, because without its useless and will not be given.

Spontaneous PSI shows a need in individuals and possibilites of humankind. But it seems there is no need for the masses.

Mycroft

katzenhai2 said:
Spontaneous PSI shows a need in individuals and possibilites of humankind. But it seems there is no need for the masses.

You smacked that one right on the head. Oh, yes what you describe is quite the case for spontaneous PSI.

Even when it pertains to poltergeist activity as an adolescent comes of age. One of my sisters was a pain to be around for about two months with stuff flying off the fireplace mantle. Then it was gone although she remains the second most PSI adept one in the family behind myself and our parents.

The most recognizable spontaneous PSI event to the average person is not going through a green light only to see a truck barrel right through. Life and death matters especially. This leaves people who use nerve pills, tranquilizers and antidepressants at a huge disadvantage.

Mycroft

psilentone

I always remember what Joe M said in one of his books. If you want to find the one who is psychic you look for the one who has survived where all others have perished or someting to that effect. That is sure true for me. I think psi is first learned as a survival tool. Life and death. Most people in society don't get as much experience with that as some of us.
It seems to me that we all may have it but we have not all had to use it.