LIVE CHAT: Dr. CHARLES TART - JULY 14th 7PM PACIFAC/10PM EASTERN

Mycroft

Psi_Junkie said:
That MIT "study" was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

Completely false premise. This was a serious study, watch the accompanying film and listed to what the guy says about the frequencies these hats attenuate and who owns them.

ref.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OuhHUvl6Sc

Mycroft

psijunkie

Edb was right.

http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/2005/tinfoil_hats/

It is a prank, nothing more. And it contains many, many clues as to such.

Hint: check the references in the study.

Still think its a serious study? ;)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
This is just too much fun!

But seriously. Even if it were an obvious hoax, sometimes hoaxes are put in place pointedly to discredit an idea that isn't.

Totally NOT sharing the paranoia angle here, just pointing out that this can happen.

P.S. I want a copper foil hat anyway. :D

Don w

Hi Liz,
ok - Dr.Don hat in place here...well for sure I am not an expert at all on magnetic therapy, I've used it a little here and there,somtimes putting it over accupuncture points or for a little pain relief, decresing swelling, stuff like that. In general what you should remember is NORTH pole good for most things, SOUTH pole, not good.
The iron in the blood and much of the chemistry of what is in the blood or lymphatic system has a an net electrical charge on it, so it could be influenced by the magnets. The north pole has the reputation of increasing blood flow, decreasing infamation by getting fluids moving , thus bringing more oxygen and promoting healing. Just about anytime you reduce swelling, you decrease pain.
I was doing some checking and some people recomend stimulating the pineal gland to increase PSI potential using a magnet, but I'm a little leary about sticking a big magnet up to my forehead, who knows what would happen with that! Although with the copper tin foil hat on, it would make quite the fashion statement wouldn't it-lol.
Hopefully this is helpful to you,
Don

Liz

Thanks for the info Don.

Ingo said that they would place the magnet in different positions to see which was more helpful. (blind to Ingo)
If I remember correctly Ingo said he prefered the north end facing him but women prefered the south. Soooo who were these women? And did they and anyone else who used the copper room have wild experiences?

PJ is there any chance of getting Ingo or Dr Green to come and be interrogated ...I mean interviewed?

cheers
Liz

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Liz said:
PJ is there any chance of getting Ingo

Probably not.

or Dr Green to come and be interrogated ...I mean interviewed?

Well, hours of googling did not find me a contact for him the other day. ;-) If you can find one, let me know. I did find his daughter and she looks almost elderly so I'm not sure how internet literate he is.

PJ

Don w

Hey Liz and PJ-
I did send a PEM to PJ on how to correspond with Dr. Green a couple days ago, I am waiting to hear back from him now.

Don w

Hey Liz and PJ,
I did PEM to PJ on how to reach Dr. Green a couple days ago, I am also waiting to hear back from him.
Don