MeNtal Radar?

Joe_Black

has anyone got this, i was driving down the road one day and i found i could tell if there were moving things around the corners.

I can also seem to located shoplifters in stores using it...

Sort of decide what you are looking for and blank and expand your mind.

Does anyone know what i am talking about?

Sorry JB, I just couldn't stand it anymore, it's been five months now that typo in the thread title has been bugging me! I think you meant MENTAL radar, like the book. ;-)

EricT

Re: Metal Radar?

Buddy of mine was half asleep, got a pic of a CHP car in his mind, told his girlfriend to slow down... and there he was.

He told me this, and for a week I could sense where the CHP was on the freeway. Kinda handy!

Beats a radar detector, hehe.

Nice premonitions JB. Can be helpful. Too bad they just come and go.

Eric

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I find if I pay attention I can get a lot of this info in any part of life.

Most of life is just paying attention.

Which I usually forget to do. ::)

PJ

Joe_Black

I am going to get someone to hide objects in the city where i live and see if i can drive about and find them purely using it. Beats dowsing.

EricT

That sounds like a great idea! Make sure the hidden objects stay where they are supposed to though.

Eric

Joe_Black

I have done it around that house with some small objects. It works, BUT i usually get only a direction and approx distance, usually the direction is pretty vague, within around 10 degrees. I will try it on a larger scale when i can get the chance.

Ghoul

Hi

This could prove quite informative. What about a topic where 'mental exercises' can be posted. I mean 'blank & expand your mind' can be interpretted in any number of ways, no pun intended JB.. but it just might hit the right spot with somebody.
I admit it can be difficult to easily articulate something which a lot of us might do automatically, but why not put it 'out there' so others can take advantage. For example, there could be a guideline like:

#1 Post your idea of how it is useful.
#2 Post what you do in the exercise. etc

- Rob :p

workerant

Lost, Out of sync., On a different wave length.

Joe_Black wrote: " has anyone got this, i was driving down the road one day and i found i could tell if there were moving things around the corners.

I can also seem to located shoplifters in stores using it... "

I have had some of this too. When I used be in private contract security, I could "pick up on" shoplifters. Don't know for sure but I figured it was like picking up on "vibes" or an intuitive, person to person thing.

apache

On the other hand - I'be been in a kinda weird state every since I started thinking that our subconscious might be helping to create the world around us and all the mental archytypal stuff too.  Like we're all nodes that create our reality.  Anyhow - it's meant I'm walking around kinda relaxed and totally open and I went to the supermarket like this.

The reaction of folks was very strange.  It's like - they picked up on the lack of tension in me.  They moved out of my way instantly without looking at me.  But when I reached the check out the cashier looked hard at my card.  She refused to even look at me and said 'the signatures not the same - can you sign it again'.  I'm happy and relaxed still - so I do, and she lets me go.

One thing I realised as I was shopping (well i knew it but it was just more apparent) - Everyone was carrying round a sort of tension in them and the sort of tension they were radiating was carrying messages to others around them.  I guess hypertense individuals would be shoplifters.  People probably thought I was on drugs.

Apache.  

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Metal Radar]?

I have had some of this too. When I used be in private contract security, I could "pick up on" shoplifters. Don't know for sure but I figured it was like picking up on "vibes" or an intuitive, person to person thing.
Hi workerant, yeah, I know what you mean. All psi may be sort of the same thing from a distance view, but up close, to me there is off a diff between a "dowsing feel" as I call it --- which is often centered in my solar plexus --- and a "psychic feel". Then there is the "physiological" stuff that we can get from people in person and probably get WAY more of consciously than psi based info.

There is a neat thing about this I just thought of. I figured out when my baby was about 3, that it all had to do with me, not her, I mean things like noise and waking her up. If I were really tense to not wake her up, and tiptoed out of the room, UTTERLY silent, she would almost certainly wake up, often wake up crying before she was even awake, as if my tense/fear just physically was perceived by her and she reacted. But, if I am real casual about it, force my body to relax and not worry about it, I can make a helluva lot of noise and she doesn't even blink. It is so clearly a physical thing---I've experimented with it a great deal over the years since. Perhaps this is why the best criminals are the smooth talkers, they say; their ability to relax and win people physically can get them through all kinds of stuff, whereas, often honest, decent people get bad reception, maybe just because others are picking up on their own discomfort.

PJ

PJ

Administrator
Staff member

On the other hand - I'be been in a kinda weird state every since I started thinking that our subconscious might be helping to create the world around us and all the mental archytypal stuff too. Like we're all nodes that create our reality.
This is the sort of thing I think about quite often. Have you read any Seth? Good stuff.

One thing I realised as I was shopping (well i knew it but it was just more apparent) - Everyone was carrying round a sort of tension in them and the sort of tension they were radiating was carrying messages to others around them. I guess hypertense individuals would be shoplifters. People probably thought I was on drugs. Apache.
Who needs drugs? I'm living proof the brain can generate plenty all on its own without help. ;-)

I once had that sort of insight on a plane. It began with the ride out. I just 'knew' I'd end up sitting next to a certain woman, though seating was unassigned as-yet at the time, and I did. Then on the plane, I just suddenly was 'aware' of how everything about a person fairly screams out who they are, from their base beliefs to their daily mood--the way they stand, the way they hold their head, their hairstyle, their clothing, and I could focus on one person, predict the kind of expression they would be wearing, and just internally tell them, 'turn around!' and they would (that was funny all on its own), and I'd be so right. At the time it struck me as simply amazing, how we as humans are just these incredibly intense little balls of walking information, like "Look at me! I suffered as a child! Look at me! I'm emotionally dysfunctional! Look at me! I'm defensive!" whatever. It seemed so OBVIOUS that for that moment, I couldn't understand how it was I didn't always see that, how it was that everybody couldn't see it. Quite astounding.

Anyway. On the plane, I was looking at the clouds which were just below me and spread out far to the left and all these different messyness, layers and shades and so forth. I started feeling very affectionate about the clouds for some reason, and the idea of maybe nature devas or something as part of them. I thought 'at' them, "Looks neat." and leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. I opened them for the Flight Attendent and when I glanced out the window again, I could have sworn the clouds were seriously rearranged and I could see something in them and I can't remember what the heck it was, but it really got my attention. I was amused inside and I thought at them, "Hmmmn, yeah, that's pretty good!" And then took a drink, and a couple minutes later looked back out---and it was something else, and I thought, "Wait.... maybe I'm hallucinating or something. Random wind could not possibly move these clouds so much--or so perfectly. And do ya notice how I pick out the shape right off, like I know the instant I look, like it "wants" to be seen? That isn't normal. I'm just playing in my head here." (My left brain is alive and well and thinks the rest of me is a total lunatic.) Anyway, so I closed my eyes again and thought, ok.... show me what ya got. And I opened my eyes and literally, my mouth fell open like a cartoon. I kept blinking and squinting, like the hallucination would somehow go away if I did. The clouds were now in multiple levels with incredible, intricate detail of castles, and towers, and pennants waving, and a waterfall, and and entire landscape---on the topside of the clouds. Now, everybody's brain can be creative, but the sheer detail of this was so astounding that I was lost for words and motion both. Finally, I closed my mouth hanging open, and thought in my head with huge humor, "Oh, NOW you're just SHOWING OFF!" ;D I looked around the plane. Nobody else was looking out the window noticeably.

So, like I say.... who needs drugs. ;D

PJ

apache

This is the sort of thing I think about quite often. Have you read any Seth? Good stuff.
Not yet. I will eventually but at the moment I want to figure this stuff out by myself without being unduly biased by other opinions that may not fit with the premise I'm developing.

This state is coming and going at the moment. It fades somewhat when my rational mind is doing the logic leap frog. It's seems to me that the subconscious mind of everyone is existsing in a different dimension to that of the rational mind, and that humans seem to be able to move between the two. However - the subconsious seems to carry about it's tasks of creation (channeled dispensation of energy) without being necessarily awake to the fact that it is doing this. I think mine has woken up... and it's very interested that my rational mind is just watching it and waiting instead of getting in the way all the time:)

The subconsious mind seems to be able to affect time in this dimension. A recent car journey that should have took 10 minutes took 1 minute (and I wasn't speeding:)). When you think about it - it explains a lot about the abilities of other entities if they are fully 'awake'.

I've been thinking about how we create our archytypes too. It seems to be the archytypes that we hold about ourselves that convey key pieces of information to each other - and in the wider world holds significance for which archytypes are more dominant (receiving more energy than others).

Nietzsche had this phrase he used; 'will to power' - but on a lot of levels that leaves a lot to be explained. "Will to energy' seems to be a better term in that a lot of the rational minds' time seems to be used for attracting more energy. We want attention (energy) from others - we'd rather have good energy (praise), but if we don't get it we'll settle for negative energy. What is ambition? Need for energy. What is the ego? A formulation of personal archytypes - some formulations of which may be better at attracting energy than others. The most powerful amongst us (famous people/politicians etc) become archytypes - recieving massive amounts of energy from others. Why is this?

Let's go back a bit. We've got the subconscious (massively superior in every way to the rational mind) in a different dimension - adding bits of energy to everything in the act of creation. It's essentially the workhorse of the mind - taking energy from the source (zero point energy) and redistributing it to the matrix like everyone is - but it doesn't pay that much attention to the body. Most of the time it's on autopilot. Our bodies get just enough to keep the minds walking fleshy mass of radio reception and transmission functioning - no more.

Most activity when we're awake is done by the rational mind that runs around focusing on things that signal the unconscious to give more energy to these things: - more to this archytype - more energy to that archytype - and looks for a return payoff in energy load. So the rational mind has created an investment in these archytypes. It actually (mistakenly) thinks it is these archytypes - the most prominent being the fleshy bodily archytype that the rational mind tries to pay extra attention to by the way it clothes it, puts makeup on it, protects it from damage etc. But however much pampering it does it can still see that this body is decaying and will one day cease to function - so the older we get the more the rational mind runs around playing absurd games trying to get more energy so that it can exist longer. The older we get the more our games interfere with the job of the subconscious (blocking energy) - because the rational mind is always looking for external and indirect energy instead of direct source energy.

These energy dynamics play a key part in lots of esoteria - most of which is archytypal. If you go looking for ghosts (especially in groups) then your subconscious is gonna do either 1 of 2 things:-

1) create the ghost with energy.
2) focus enough energy on an archytype that an entity identifies with, (as part of thier personal archytypal system) to enable the entity to manifest. ie - ghosts know they are ghosts.

If we look at aliens - they are probably real entities rather than non physical archytypes (like gods etc) - but look how they've arranged things so that they are also archytypes and recieve massive amounts of focus and energy from us. Inevitable really. From the moment they got here they were aware of us and therefore - giving us energy. UFO's etc are just a way of making that a 2 way exchange without upsetting our culture 2 much. It's energy economics 101!

And RV? Psi? We often assume that get are simply getting information from our subconscious - but I think we're actually plugging in to the creative matrix of our subconscious, and asking it to focus more energy on something we want to view or feel or whatever. The more energy we use to focus the higher our chances of success in viewing. However - once you wake up the subconscious and let it largely pre-dominate then your focus goes out the window because subconscious is an incredibly complex multi-tasking beastie:)

Explains why I viewed my boyfriend the other day instead of the target;) I'm getting loads of info from all around me but I can't focus at all. Writing this has been mamoth, and I'm getting tired now.

I loved your story about the plane PJ:) I think the subconscious sometimes gets a little tetchy that we don't seem to notice it doing all these wonderful things for us every nanosecond of the day. Sometimes when it gets a bit of attention it goes overboard trying to say 'YES - I"M HERE!' Wow - the monkey noticed! ;D

I hope some people understood all of this.

Apache. :)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
The nice thing about Seth is that he won't generally create limitations and deformations for you (which is about the only books I can think of that I could say that about). What his stuff mostly does is give you a vocabulary to describe such experiences, and now and then a framework which helps you hold onto them in memory, since the mind often has trouble with stuff it has no context for, and often forgets it, distorts it, etc.

I had a lot of odd experience prior to finally reading The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts (a Seth book). I refused to read it for eons because it was channeled and I had "an opinion" about that. Some really brilliant friends assured me I shouldn't judge it, but I couldn't help it. I'd been around a lot of channeled work and much was laughable. (Except Alice A. Baily which I read as a teen I think. Alas that required an occult dictionary I didn't have and I think most of it went past me.) When I finally read it, I was stubborn through nearly the first half of it, "Yeah, I know. So what, I know." And then it finally got me, at which point the book became not only interesting but "experiential." I would start having experiences, and writing to friends about them, and then 1-3 days later I'd come upon that in the book, and my thinking was along the same lines, so it was almost an initiation of sorts, very unusual for a book (usually a clear sign of its 'source' energy). But the best side effect was that a ton of stuff I had no actual words for until then, no frameworks for, Seth's stuff provided that. There is nothing you could experience that would not fit in Sethian perspective (so to speak), so it doesn't exclude stuff. But it's useful to be able to talk with others about an experience and explain it decently, and to have a common vocabulary of sorts.

Seth has a rather unique perspective on issues like the subconscious worth adding to the list of considerations. Not sure what is in what book though, now all these years later.

That's just my encouragement, do whatever you will. ;-)

PJ

Ghoul

Re: I'm mental, don't need radar.

PJ did you write this post today or did you copy it from somewhere else? I swear I'm losing my mind! Like from a previous post perhaps. I'm not sure psi goes hand in hand with sanity. Darn. Why doesn't the mind have a system to 'identify' and 'allocate' into a normal chronological sequence, atemporal info. :'(

ummm, Apache you're already too far gone for sanity, do a 180°. ;) All this vaguely hints at (shock horror) RI, as it is alluded to at grillflame. We all make decisions, hence our ability to determine our own destiny. Nietzsche was a very smart guy, perhaps too smart.. drove himself crazy in the end. Best not to correct him, nor substitute meanings from his own deductions. 8)

Apache: Nietzsche had this phrase he used; 'will to power' - but on a lot of levels that leaves a lot to be explained. "Will to energy' seems to be a better term...

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Today. But, somewhere else here on the board over the last 2.5 years I have almost certainly mentioned Seth and my experience with the first book before. ;-) PJ

Ghoul

Hi PJ :) I was referring to the 'clouds' but you must've mentioned that experience before on another post I guess. 8)

<grabs a pitchfork and checks the chains holding his 'shamanic' prisoner.
Not going anywhere now are you witch! hehe.
The dude in chains grumbles.>​

apache

Ghoul - doesn't the fact that people can RI make you pause long enough to consider the fundemental principles behind RV?  Have you never RV'ed another psychic and knew they could see you too?  What's that all about then?  And what's grillflame btw?

Nietzsche probably had syphilus.  He's not the only thinker (Steiner/Freud etc) to mount a backlash against the enlightenment and posit that there's another side to life than the rational logical sort.  And  he didn't drive himself mad.  That's a mis-homer ;)

Apache.