Minority Report

Greywolf

I've just watched it for the second time. I think the first time was back before I got into RV, so of course, I have a whole new perspective on it.

I loved the movie, really neat and throught-provoking.

It has many topics related to RV, so I thought it would be neat to discuss it.

I like how they name the "precogs". To the average person, it might seem a made up name like in any other scifi movie, but to use RV folk of course precognition is a familiar word.

So do you think we'll ever have a Department of Precrime with hundreds of RVers spitting out thousands of sessions daily and saving the lives of as many people? ;)

The movie brings forth the ethical issues with it, and the fallability of humans, their imperfection. So what are your thoughts in this matter of "precrime"?

GW

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts are, drugging your psychics and floating them in a pool is not very nice. ;-)

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
PJ, i thought that what we psychics did on the weekends - that what they told me?

daz ;)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have to admit, the blue pool is familiar...

...though the water is sort of gelatinous, incredibly thin, soft and with a bizarre dry-fluid feeling...

but wait, wait, I am mixing psi and aliens again, ROFL! ;D ;D

PJ

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
PJ,
you know what until a few weeks ago - i never mentioned aliens with anything to do with RV - now Im really gonna pay for it ;)

daz

John_Conner

Well I have to admit, the blue pool is familiar...

...though the water is sort of gelatinous, incredibly thin, soft and with a bizarre dry-fluid feeling...

but wait, wait, I am mixing psi and aliens again, ROFL! ;D ;D

PJ

Is that how I get the crusty eyes?

Ooops. Did I ask that out loud just now? Sorry... I have no inner monologue due to the alien abduction process.
:)

JC

morgan

snake eyes and monarch butterflies..lalalalala

hm..

the movie was good.
the concept of pre-crime is offensive to my mind. Where does it end.. do you kill a baby at birth because it will grow up to be the next hitler?

the precogs.. well.. triads was the most interesting concept there i thought. if you have a masculine, a feminine and an androgyn who are in some way emotionally bonded - maybe access can be increased. isnt this somehow an idea related to old traditions or aol greek temple delphi or something.. i dont know. vague feelings of familiarity or recognition like the psi-triad is a concept expressed somewhere else too or so.
i think i might have read that either japan or china (cant remember exactly, but someone else might have heard something similar and they can fill in the details then) was pairing psi ables up into male female dyads because this increased the ability of both.

Greywolf

morgan, I think the idea was to arrest people a few seconds or minutes before they committed the crime, during the act.

Until then, they can live as free men and women ;)

I think it's a great idea, but reliability of course, is of utmost importance, and the movie discusses exactly that.

GW

Abstract_1dea

PJ,
you know what until a few weeks ago - i never mentioned aliens with anything to do with RV - now Im really gonna pay for it ;)

daz
I told you to be careful what you ask for!

I did a google search for one eyed man is king reference and there is a story behind that one. It's a good one. It has more meaning than just the movie.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I have an essay somewhere about that Abstract.... about the relationship of The Country of the Blind (a short story) to the topic of remote viewing. From many years ago. I wonder if I have it in an archive somewhere, I'll have to see if my subconscious can give me more info for digging it up. I read that story in high school, and always considered it one of those stories that while simple on the surface, can open up profound insight into human behavior. Like a good myth, it has a lot of doorways. :) PJ