Mon Feb 7 - Fri Feb 11: Intro Matls & Chapters 1-2

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will unlock on Feb 7th for posting. The assignment: the various introductory materials plus chapter 1 and chapter 2. Total pages: about 40.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Mon Feb 7 - Fri Feb 11: Intro Matls & Chapters

I've only read the intro so far, and haven't time to post right now as I'm working, but will be back tonight sometime. Anybody who's read the sections in the title of this thread can comment on them here, I unlocked the thread and am posting this on behalf of Eric.

EricT

Yeah, I have the intro done, but due to time constraints I havent gooten to chap one yet- I have alot of work to do today, I will post some stuff up tonight, sorry for the lag.

I was flipping, and there is a really, really great piece of advice on page 81. Find it, and earn a virtual internet cookie! Yummy!

Eric

I finished Reading the Enemy's Mind this past weekend and have been dying to discuss it with other knowledgeable folks.

One of my general comments about this book is how well it is written. Paul Smith is a wordsmith, and it shows. This book is a pleasure to read, and chapter one exemplifies this. Smith piqued my interest right away with the story of his attending the talk by General Stubblebine. That must have been quite a show, with the general pacing back and forth like General Patton in the movie, ranting about the untapped possibilities of the human mind. And then he throws the bent silverware into the audience--quite a bit of showmanship there.

I really appreciate how Smith delves into the importance of Stubblebine in establishing an atmosphere in the Army which allowed the RV program to get established. Jim Schnabel's Remote Viewers mentioned this, but it was hard to get a sense of just how important this really was before reading Smith's book. I wonder if the research into any of the other human potential technologies--hypnosis, biofeedback, etc.--paid off. There's probably another book in just this area alone.

Smith concentrates several pages on Stubblebine's interest in macro PK. I wonder how far that ever went. Did the Army ever pursue any in-depth research in that area?

To summarize--chapters one and two do an excellent job in getting the reader hooked right away and establishing the importance of Major General Stubblebine in creating the atmosphere in the Army which allowed the RV program to get started.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member

I thought the foreword by Jack Anderson was cool. He's a no BS kind of guy from the days when op-ed writers were intelligent rather than just controversial (a few still are, but not many!) and I think it was a coup that Paul got him to write the intro.

The book is written like a high narrative (that is to say, as if it is fiction, although it is a nonfiction book), and I have to agree that it's very readable. I resisted the temptation to keep reading. I'm obsessive that way and tend to stay up all night to finish something, and I want to read along with this thread. Of course if only two people are on the thread we could read as fast as we wanted. ;D

I hadn't known that Paul lived mere feet from both Tom (the first CRV trainee) and Skip in the military before he even ran into the RV stuff. Who knew the neighborhood?! Just imagine, one wrong turn and he could have ended up doing god only knows what instead! :D

PJ

toknow

Hey there readers!

I like hearing about his(Paul's) own basic skepticism or rather, belief that he had no special "talent". And even so, he found the area of real interest and worthy of pursuing...enough so as to alter the course of his military career. That was a big step of faith to take.
The level of secrecy was pretty dramatic too. Sure glad to hear he could share the basics with is wife for goodness' sake!
Meanwhile, I want to go to a spoon twisting party!!!! ;D
I'm going back to read more now...he-he-he!!!
toknow

PJ

Administrator
Staff member

Hang on... that wasn't in the first two chapters! I think you're getting a bit ahead of this thread, lol! Either that or my memory is WAY worse than I've been suspecting.... :-[

PJ

toknow

Uh-oh...sorry about that. You may be right, I may have just peeked ahead a little bit, but I didn't mean to do it,honest!! I'll have to take another look and see just where it is that I left off reading. Geez, thought I was having such a good memory too ;)
toknow

toad

I bought the book several weeks ago at a book store out of curiosity. I read the intro and 1st chapter at the store while trying to keep the cover and title hidden. I put it back on the shelf and went home. The next day, I went back and blazenly bought it. It was the first couple of chapters that gave me the courage to do a Google search and click the link to this site. What a life-changing click! At least MY universe has changed. I am on p. 217 right now. I'll have to go back to review chapters 1 and 2 to participate, because in my older brain, a lot has now merged into one...age related memory stuff. I'm trying to listen to the interview of Smith on the Hilly Rose site, but got disconnected. O.K. back to review ch. 1 & 2.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member

We're glad you found us Toad. And I know you're brand new to this, but you've already got a few sessions in the Galleries that ought to rock yer socks, I really liked your volcano session, and the super-brief but great samurai swim, and you've got several others with lots of really good stuff. Hope you can join our reading here, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Best,
PJ

EricT

On the spoons-

It seems as if the precursor to starting all of this was Stubblebine looking into- spoon bending. So, anyone here tried this? I havent, I know some who have, its interesting stuff. Just curious about that.

On the book as a whole- man, great, great writing style. Very readable, and very engaging. I dont have a military upbringing, or background, so I really cannot relate so much to the lifestyle, but I would like to hear from anyone who has and thier reactions to the book.

Eric

Rocheleh

If Amazon is to be trusted and my country's security services don't feel like keeping the package ::) then I'll be getting the book next week, alongside The Seventh Sense. Yay!! *bounces up and down*

So I haven't read it yet :'( but I will chime in anyway...

It seems as if the precursor to starting all of this was Stubblebine looking into- spoon bending. So, anyone here tried this? I havent, I know some who have, its interesting stuff. Just curious about that.

There is one such topic here, with postings by someone who did attend a PK party...
http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=proactive;action=display;num=1058853396

As for myself, I tried to organise one a while ago, but my friends didn't really like the idea :'( Even though I tend to have these "activity" parties - clothes-dying party, beading party etc. - once in a while and they are fairly successful (and productive to add :) ), spoon bending as a hobby activity is apparently too weird for my circle of friends :'(

toad

It was the spoon-bending material that finally made me decide to buy the book. I went to a 'psychic fair' at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in the late 70's and saw a demonstration of this. I was sitting very close to the demonstrators. They held siverware by the very end with one hand and within a short time all the pieces had bent over in various shapes. Then, they passed the siverware around the small audience of about 10 people. There was no way this was a trick. I was close, I saw it, I held it, I was astounded. Now, here was a book relating that someone in the ARMY was doing this...I had to read the book.

Tamra

Hi Eric,
You asked about spoon bending. The way I heard about remote viewing was when an air force friend mentioned I ought to go to the upcoming remote viewing conference (a few years ago now) and I said remote what?

While there, we were introduced to spoon bending. We were all asked to pick a spoon from a huge pile of them and so we had them in our laps or hands while Lyn began to explain. My initial thoughts were 'no way!' but he had barely begun to speak when something in my mind clicked and I knew how to do it, so had the spoon all bent up before he finished explaining. I then did about 20 more and Lyn gave me a 'super spoon' of heavy strength and told me to let him know when I got that one. He turned his back and didn't even have time to walk away before that one too was bent.

Soon after that I was scheduled to teach a seminar on distance healing for some martial artists entitled "Hurting and Healing", so I brought in the huge bag of spoons (i still have them here) and gave them out, repeating the instructions for bending, but this time for putting things right -- for healing.

The point of the teaching was that it's easier to bend or break someone or something than to restore that to its previous condition -- that hurting is easier and doesn't even take all that much. I told them that even I, a 90lb female, was able to bend all those spoons! I kind of doubt I could put them all right again, but I let them try. It made the point. Someday I'll use them all to make a mobile for the porch. All those curls and bends are unique and wonderful in their own right. :)
Tamra

Abstract_1dea

Code:
...alongside The Seventh Sense.

That was the book that started it all for me. My wife is reading it now. She doesn't read much, but she really likes it. I thought it would just be a military history and personal account of an odd unit.

Boy was I surprised!!! It ended up answering a question I have had for more than 23 years and gave me the answer to a question I dared not even ask - "What now?"

General Stubblebine takes Sgt. Buchanan into the new base commander's office looks him the eye and asks him if he shut down his computer network - with his mind? That's just the start. I won't give anymore away, but it is excellent. It really pinged me.

Since then, I have read David Morehouse's book (scary), Paul Smith's book I am reading again, Joe's book Remote Viewing Secrets. I am currently working on "Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain" with my 13 year old son. Everybody who is in RV has stated it is the best. I have been very busy boy for the last few months. I also found a local trainer that my tax money is going to pay for some beginner training soon.

Be careful what you ask for... you just might get it.

Benton

Staff member

I've been to a spoon bending party, and honestly I didn't see any unusual events. I saw some weirdly bent silverwear AFTER the party, but I didn't see spoons or forks just bending or made malable by themselves. I did see some people straining their brains out to physically bend utensils then loudly proclaim that "It just bent right over". It was kind of a bummer for me cuz of that....

So I am waiting to go to my 2nd spoon bending party.... or have it happen to ME. I bent nothing.

Rich

LOL...I almost forgot what this topic was after trying to figure out why I had to log in again with a different pair of IDs after already having logged in the main page with the other set of IDs. I never know which one to log in with to start...it always takes me two guesses.

spoon-bending........
I have been to two RV Conference spoon bending parties. All I managed to see were three examples of people (in one case a group of youngsters) attempting to claim they bent spoons but when I called them on it, they backed down and disappeared into the crowd.

A few people on other forums say they have bent spoons and some did so at the Conference parties. Wish I could have seen it. Either I'm always on the wrong side of the room or my skepticism is stronger than the bending power in my vicinity. :)

These spoon bending parties were video taped and so far no one has said any bending was captured in film.

Another thing I find interesting is that In all the various paranormal TV "documentaries" I have never seen a spoon bent, nor any of Jack Hauck's parties.

And for all the psi reasarch that is published....I am not aware of any on spoon bending............nor any practical application.....let alone ....why always dinnerware? How about spikes, ball bearings (no you ca't bend one but you should be able to use the softening power to put a dent in it.) Wouldnt a swizzell stick be easier? How about a pen or pencil?

So there.....it's all out.
I may not be able to block someone from RVing me, but no spoon bends before me.

My other license plate says BEND THIS.

Rich