Music

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
How about a thread that mentions everyone's favorite music for stimulating RV and image streaming stuff?

I love to listen to music that makes my energies change and flow.

BC the EC

fetik3

I like to listen to Pierre Henry, Iannis Xenakis, John Cage, Morton Feldman, Karlheinz Stockhausen, David Sylvian (his ambient work), etc...

It isn't necessarily calming/quiet music, but it does help move me into a more introspective mood.

-Jason

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Thanks, I will look into those...plus, mindchild mentioned this stuff on a different post....

Hi BC
Good question about music. I've been interested in the Hemisync recordings that the Monroe Institute has developed. I've been thinking along the same lines as you on this - to listen to something that could help get into/stay in a helpful brainwave activity. They have a website
http://www.hemi-sync.com/shop/customer/home.php
Laurie

BC the EC

fetik3

I love the Hemi-Sync products - in fact, I'm leaving this Saturday to attend a week long program @ the Monroe Institute!

-Jason

River

Hi Fetik 3,

I've heard The Monroe Ins. is better than Disneyland! :D

I wish we could all go for the weekend. :p

Please fill us in on how the adventure goes. I'd loooove to hear about it. :D

Liz

Mystic_Rhythms

Hey all-

I have the gateway series, and I like it alot. (waves 1 thru 6) however, I don't use it for RV. For ERV stuff (morpheus for HRVG, same kinda thing) I use a variety of alpha/theta inducing hemi sync, non monroe institute. TMI stuff is great for meditation, as it gradually steps you deeper and deeper. For RV I want something constant, since I am already pretty deep after edging (I use the music when priming and being monitored)

But, remember, different things work for different people. Find what works for you best, but dont get hung up on needing that "perfect" thing. I think it was mentioned in another thread, but its easy to aquire a "crutch" necessary for viewing. I got hung up on sidereal time pretty quickly! lol, had to break that habit.

MR

mindchild

Hey Jason,
Puleeze, do tell us about your experience at the Monroe Institue! That's so cool :D

I'm still hoping to be able to go there myself one day, haven't ever talked to anyone who has gone, so please share!

Laurie

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
Mystic...you made a good point about reminding about crutches.

For those just beginning all these tools might be helpful to get them started, but for many, they quickly become dependent on everything else but sheer mental skill.

Having an emotional dependency is a hard one to break because of all the insecurties that are stirred up.

I have seen this over and over with 'readers'. They start with Tarot cards and seem never to to be able to break away from them. The same with dowsing & pendulams. The rod/pendulam doesn't carry the intelligence, the human does. The tools just show the manifestation of the subconscious...but they are just that...tools. They don't have the 'magic'...it's the mind that has it.

The goal of all this psi work is to be able to access data anytime, anyplace, under any conditions...ideally, gadget free.

Mystic_Rhythms

TMI

I missed that- Jason, best of luck to you at the institute, I too am a jealous soul.  I wish you the best on your journey!  Take a notebook with you for notes, write down alot if you can.

I too hope to visit out there someday.

Good luck and find what you are seeking!

MR

and to PDPJ- you said it.  All you need is your brain.  Sometimes though, the technology helps us to cross train it.  Too bad theres not some device out there that you can fiddle around with getting your galvanic response to change polarity and pop right out of your body (in the astral sense)anytime...  I would pay a dollar to ride that ride!

fetik3

All:

Thanks! - and yes, I'll do my best to write up a lil' review (in the appropriate TKR category, of course).

-Jason

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
Mystic rhymes said :

>>But, remember, different things work for different people. Find what works for you best, but dont get hung up on needing that "perfect" thing. >>

I agree,

Find the easiest and quickest method that works for you
without any of the fancy tools or gimmicks.

Relaxation is the key word.

My bath technique works pretty well and almost
garantees me to do at least 5 sessions a week
in total relaxation. In fact i just did one session
a few hours ago and nailed the target
It was "The River Thames" done double blind.
It Took less than 20 minutes to do.

I use to get hung up on the hemisync stuff and
LST but like you dropped them as i cant keep
taking baths in sync with the LST 8)

Peace,
Tunde

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
yea.....we just need to do what works....yee haw....ten thousand roads....or, ten thousand, seven hundred and fifty-two point eight, four, nine repeating.

he he..... ::)

BC the EC

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jason, you WOULD listen to that music, lol. I recall you as the only person I have very publicly and to me, very obviously, lost any written debate with. :) About music of all things. :)

Have fun at TMI!! Way cool! I've done Gateway and Guidelines there. Really wonderful! I found that just totally abandoning my expectations at the door was perfect -- totally being 'one with' all the people there, no matter what, seemed to greatly amp up the energy effect I had in the CHEC unit after -- just enjoy the hell outta yourself, it is really a neat place!

PJ

River

G'day all,

by the end of a day I usuall don't need anything to get me into a relaxed sleepy mode. I could fall asleep no worries. ;D

But occasionally it's nice to get all curled up in a chair and listen to a tape while RVing.

I only have one suitable for RV cool down.

It's from a company called Brain Sync Corp.
http://www.brainsync.com/

The tape is called 'Deep Insight'. It's GREAT! I would highly recomend it.

This is the blurb on the box:

"Pure and precisely tuned sound waves are engineered to gently guide brain-wave activity into the specific brain patterns that allow rapid access to the dreamlike theta state, which is ideal for learning, creative problem solving, and exploring the contents of your subconscious mind."

I usually turn it off once I'm in theta and start RVing. I find music distracting. Music seems to be in my head and I need it empty to RV. I hope that makes sense. :p

Liz

fetik3

I recall you as the only person I have very publicly and to me, very obviously, lost any written debate with. :)
Of course, as I'm sure I mentioned then, I listen to KISS, Slade, and the Sweet, so even prior to entering any debate about aesthetics... I've already lost :)  

I am definitely going to take your advice (re: expectations). I'm really interested to see what the difference is between the "Experience" and the "Voyage." Did you sleep in the CHEC, or is that in a different room? I guess I'll find out soon enough :)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
lol. Jason I considered posting on this thread that I really enjoy Hillary Stagg's ultra predictable and mellow new age harp music, but I feared grave harm could come to you from the mere idea.

The CHEC unit comes to be home. ;-)

PJ

Viceroy

Don't you tell me I'm crazy!
fetik3 said:
I like to listen to Pierre Henry, Iannis Xenakis, John Cage, Morton Feldman, Karlheinz Stockhausen, David Sylvian (his ambient work), etc...

It isn't necessarily calming/quiet music, but it does help move me into a more introspective mood.

-Jason
I like your selections!