New Remote Viewing Article in Telegraph Newspaper

Marv_Darley

Staff member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/6495470/The-Men-Who-Stare-at-Goats-the-power-of-psychic-spying.html

Nice work Mr Webster! :)

Mycroft

Good article, as they go these days. The commercials in the states for this movie are pretty bad. I think it is being billed as a comedy.

What would you have me do to the journalist so he might believe. Cause him to gain weight or wet his pants, either one is possible. What do you think would make a believer out of him or none of the above? I noticed he didn't even use any name to take credit for the article. Must have drawn the short straw or was late to the meeting when they were handing out assignments.

Maybe just RI him to write and publish another like Poe's "HOW TO WRITE A BLACKWOOD ARTICLE", in this day and age that would be reasonable payback. Even wikipedia doesn't have the guts to list that as one of his accomplishments.

Mycroft

Jen

I don't think the person who wrote this artical is, inside his head that is, a journalist. I also don't think that it would make any difference if this frustrated novelist believes or not. There are somethings (ignorances) best left alone, this being one of them, and perhaps it's better that way.

I was intrigued by the RI (remote influencing is it?) reference. Everyone does that stuff all the time and so I'm really happy that I read this artical now. If/when someone mentions RI again, I'll know what they're talking about.

Jen

Marv_Darley

Staff member
Sorry guys you've lost me. The journalist's name is Florence Waters (as it says in the intro to the article) and she can be seen asking questions several times on the video interview. Quite why she is deserving of being RI'd to gain weight is beyond me.

And as for 'not being a journalist'? wtf?

Some common sense, please. :)

Jen

Florence. Nice name. So she's a journalist but writes like a novelist, that's all. The article reads like a novel I'd read.

As a psych student I have just learned that 'common sense' can not always be trusted. It is true that most common sense is actually from old wives tales so... you can go for that kind of superstitous stuff if you like, but that's you. You'd have better %rates as a RVer I'd think.

If you do know her personally, I'm sorry these comments offended you. I personally meant her (or you) no harm. But I will not be shut down in a public forum (from speaking my mind) by anyone.

I do have one question though... I live in Australia (East coast) - does that mean that for me to come in to the chat room, that i'd have to pop in at the Pacific time? Or is the 'Eastern' time in Australia Sydney or is that America or somewhere like that.

Oh geez! Does that also mean (if it's in America) that I need to pop in on Tuesday sometime? I wouldn't have much to add but i'd really like to listen in.

Cheers... Jen

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Oh geez! Does that also mean (if it's in America) that I need to pop in on Tuesday sometime? I wouldn't have much to add but i'd really like to listen in.
Timezones are named; Eastern represents the Eastern strip of the Americas. Eastern is, I think, 5 hours behing GMT/Zulu time, if that helps. Australia is something like a day or a day and a half AHEAD of the Americas. So yeah you'd need to adjust your time to match -- whatever 9:30pm Eastern time on a Monday equates to in Australian time (I'm guessing Wednesday morning). I tried translating for some of the RV Expo chats and ended up screwing one up so now I'm afraid to guess! It doesn't seem like it ought to be rocket science and an easy google answer, yet apparently it is.

PJ

Jen

Thanks PJ,

Had to giggle when I saw that you 'live here'? Really like what you've done with the place. Great taste!

Not rocket science? You're right - with this internet thing, we should be able to look anything up. Thanks for the heads up. And I'd just like to thank you now for attempting to help everyone else about times and stuff. Lots of people would give up, but here you are attempting to help me.

Keep up the great work. I like your heart.

Much appreciated... Jen

Mycroft

Jen said:
If you do know her personally, I'm sorry these comments offended you. I personally meant her (or you) no harm. But I will not be shut down in a public forum (from speaking my mind) by anyone.

He's a moderator, get used to it.

Mycroft

Jen

Well Mycroft, it gets worse.

I just read some of his stuff so now he's my very first RV teacher as well. You wouldn't happen to have a spare cyber apple on you would you? Bumma! I just ate my last one!

Chin up - it's all good mate.

Cheers... Jen

psijunkie

I agree with Marv re: Mycroft's post.

Making dark and threatening mutterings about how Waters deserves to be RIed to gain weight and wet her pants, while at the same time confusing her gender and overlooking her name, strikes me as thuggish and irrational.

The article is not bad and the interview is fairly good. It is good media exposure and I find such a reaction shocking.

tbone

I thought Mycroft was joking, but I guess on a medium like this it isn't always easy to tell.