Nice To Be Back!

Don

I've been away from TKR for a long time. Life has left little room for Rving and almost no room for staying in touch with people. I'm blown away by the new look of TKR and so happy to see so many of the same people here - Ld, Eric, Tunde, Daz, PJ of course, and others...

I glanced through several of the recent conversations. It's great to see the high level of discourse still going on here. The stuff on frontloading alone (in science versus applications, Joe's stance on it, etc.) was excellent by everyone who joined in the conversation!

LD, that video of the Mars RVing is astounding. It's beautiful.

Life has slowed down a lot recently and I hope to have time spend here finally (not to mention getting back to remote viewing, lol).

Just wanted to hi to everyone.

Don

Thanks. Tunde!

Hey Joe.

Are you guys getting in many sessions these days? I used to RV almost daily, often 2 times daily. But these days, I seem lucky to get in one or two sessions a week. And my results really show the difference. I can't RV my way out of a wet paper bag anymore! It's extremely frustrating...

Don

Hi Glyn! I see we're on here at the same time today. Both of us on here in the middle of the day (at least where I am in the world, it's the middle of the day), I hope you're not as unemployed as I am right now, lol!

Glyn

Don said:
Hi Glyn! I see we're on here at the same time today. Both of us on here in the middle of the day (at least where I am in the world, it's the middle of the day), I hope you're not as unemployed as I am right now, lol!
It's 19:53 in the evening here in the UK.

Well, I am unemployed yes, but that's because I am getting old and have now retired.... which is sorta good and sorta bad. ;).

I hope you manage to find employment soon Don. Things are not so good here in the UK because of he recession, I have friends who are searching for jobs.

Don

It's really good to hear from you, Glyn.

I moved from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida back to my hometown in Missouri in 2008. It's a very small town in the Ozarks, nothing bur farming and tourism jobs. Used to be a lot of construction, with people from Kansas City and St. Louis building summer homes here - but not recently. I've been doing nothing but odd jobs since I've been back. I've been a dog trainer for many years now and I used to have a pretty good business going here about a dozen years ago. But no one seems to have any extra money these days. I'm sure things will improve eventually.

Abstract_1dea

Hi Don,

I am back after an extended time.

I lost my job in 2006 and have concentrated on updating my certifications, restarting college, working at what turned out to be a 2 year IT boot camp/trial-by-fire job that prepared me for the position I have now.

I just graduated in February Summa Cum Laude! and I got the sheepskin last week! (That means it's real)

I am ready to get back in to RV and get caught up with my friends.

I have been reading TKR from time to time but have not had the time or energy to respond on anything.

I am glad to hear you are able to be active as well again.

I look forward reading your thoughts.

LD

Staff member
Holy cats! Don! Wow it's great to hear from you man. I did a double take when I just saw this thread. How funny, I've actually been thinking about you lately.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah you would vortex me back into a public post by showing up again wouldn't you! I'm glad to see you too. If I tried to catch up on reading here it would take me a year. I'm glad to see it's still moving along.

I just finally got a replacement PC after being stuck on my work machine (can't really use for non-work) for some truly unbelievable length of time... I was working literally 20/7 for nearly 6 months recently -- lucky to still be alive frankly -- but I'm trying to reintroduce sanity to my schedule. So that plus getting a new computer means I'll probably be around here in another week or so, for awhile.

Geez, there's plenty to do. I left the Risk Intuit project literally one script page from being done when I got a promotion (that's what they call it when your job takes over your life apparently), and a ton of other stuff. I even have 50 mini-video targets LD specially filmed/tasked for TKR (thanks to Revsdrag's sponsorship!) that I still need to get up in the dojo. So hopefully this summer I'll see you around, that would be really cool! Geez it's been a long time!

PJ

Don

Abstract,
Summa Cum Laude? That's awesome! Congratulations! I know that level of achievement requires a lot of sacrifice and plain hard work - in addition to your innate intelligence.

I'm 2 years behind in filing my taxes. As soon as I get that done, I plan on signing up for some college courses. I've got roughly 2 1/2 semesters behind me already that I did years ago when I'd just graduated highschool. I'm 45 now and the thought of going back to school is frankly a little scary. But I'm going to do it. The thing is, back then, I was a poli-sci, pre-law major. Nowadays, I have absolutely no interest in becoming an attorney. I'm strongly considering looking at transpersonal psychology. But I have no idea what the career opportunites, if any, exist in that field. I only know it really interests me.

Sounds like you're in a personal place in life that's similar to mine. I'm glad you're back as well. I'm sure we'll see a lot of each other here. As always, I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Ld,
It's great to hear from you, buddy! I hope you're doing well. Man, Lawrence, I was so blown away by that Mars remote viewing video you did! It's absolutely beautiful! And the music that goes with it is perfect. It helps set the mood for what the person is seeing on the screen.

By the way, some of the stuff in your Mars remote viewing mirrors - almost perfectly - some information I got on a Mars session back in 1999 or 2000. Well, actually, I did a session that was focused on the cattle mutilation subject (the very first UFO or anything paranormal RVing I ever did - I'd purposely avoided stuff like that for a long time). Then my tasker - my wife, Sheila - took my session transcript and created about a half-dozen more targets based on what I'd already gotten in that first cattle mutilation session. Of course, this was all unbeknownst to me; she'd seal the targets in envelopes and mix them in with my normal training target pool of bridges, landscapes, buildings, events, etc. and then, for each RV session, an envelope was randomly selected. One of the follow-up targets was (basically) the question, "Describe where they (the aliens) come from or originate?". Even not knowing what the target was, I remember during the session, a strong tendency to feel that I was perceiving Mars. And much of my specific perceptions match what you show in the video - especially the beacon-like structure, having to do with communication, that was sort of flashing on and off.

I wonder, can we both consider these similarities in our perceptions, sensed at different times and with both of us being completely unaware of the other's remote viewing, a kind of feedback? Or (and I hate the thought of this but I can see how it might be correct), was I simply remote viewing your video that I would eventually see many years in the future? And did I possibly do this because, back then, all my RVing was picture targets and I was inadvertantly training myself to RV not the complete target but my eventual feedback? And because your video may be the only Mars feedback I ever get? LOL!!! I hope this isn't the case!

Another by the way... I also RVed those weird ribbed, tube-like structures ( several years after the string of UFO-related viewings I just described) that have been photographed on the surface of Mars. But in that case, I got almost nothing that I could conceivably correlate with the target. I believe, in that instance (like in ways too many other instances), I simply missed the target.

I'm really not surprised you were thinking of me just prior to me posting on here again. You've always been psychic as hell, lol. Actually, I lurked around here several times a week or two prior to posting again. I was busy with a temporary job at the time and didn't have enough time to post. So I bet you picked up on the fact that I was thinking about TKR and all you guys here quite a bit.

Anyway, great to here from you, brother! I look forward to seeing you here!

Ah Palyne. You know I'd come back to drag you back into posting with me all the time, lol!

I have to tell you, the site is amazing! You guys have all done a terrific job! The look of the whole thing awesome and there's so much more content and tools than there used to be. I know that you, PJ, and all the administrators have done a lot of pro bono work ( and that you continue to do so). You guys all deserve a lot of credit. Your combined efforts have produced what is, in my opinion, the most welcoming, educational, exciting, wide-ranging, intelligent, and balanced (in how every RV method or school is - or can be - represented here, not to mention every opinion) Remote Viewing website in the world.

It always seemed to me that most of the best people from, especially, the old Stargate email group and other forums ended up here. (And when I say "best people", I merely mean the people who, for me, drove or contributed to fascinating conversations and debates, people who were helpful to newcomers, and who tolerated ( and even welcomed) opinions that differed from their own. I'm really glad to see so many of the same people are still here. I've learned so much, over the years, from those conversations. Everyone has helped me to clarify even my own thoughts about various paranormal and psi-related subjects. It has helped me reach a level of understanding I don't think I ever could have achieved on my own or just through practicing RV and reading books. I can see the high level of discourse that I always loved about TKR remains.

I'm glad to be back and I'm overjoyed that the site is still here and going strong!

By the way, PJ, what is/was "Risk Intuit"?

Abstract_1dea

Thank you for the accolades.

It's not too late, I'll be 50 this year.

It's well worth it!

I am really looking forward to getting more sleep and doing more RV!

Don

Customized - thanks buddy!

And wouldn't ya know it, now that I finally have a little time to spend online, my pc has suddenly decided to move at a snail's pace! I swear, if it's not something, it's something else!

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Don said:
Ld,
It's great to hear from you, buddy! I hope you're doing well. Man, Lawrence, I was so blown away by that Mars remote viewing video you did! It's absolutely beautiful! And the music that goes with it is perfect. It helps set the mood for what the person is seeing on the screen.

By the way, some of the stuff in your Mars remote viewing mirrors - almost perfectly - some information I got on a Mars session back in 1999 or 2000. Well, actually, I did a session that was focused on the cattle mutilation subject (the very first UFO or anything paranormal RVing I ever did - I'd purposely avoided stuff like that for a long time). Then my tasker - my wife, Sheila - took my session transcript and created about a half-dozen more targets based on what I'd already gotten in that first cattle mutilation session. Of course, this was all unbeknownst to me; she'd seal the targets in envelopes and mix them in with my normal training target pool of bridges, landscapes, buildings, events, etc. and then, for each RV session, an envelope was randomly selected. One of the follow-up targets was (basically) the question, "Describe where they (the aliens) come from or originate?". Even not knowing what the target was, I remember during the session, a strong tendency to feel that I was perceiving Mars. And much of my specific perceptions match what you show in the video - especially the beacon-like structure, having to do with communication, that was sort of flashing on and off.

I wonder, can we both consider these similarities in our perceptions, sensed at different times and with both of us being completely unaware of the other's remote viewing, a kind of feedback? Or (and I hate the thought of this but I can see how it might be correct), was I simply remote viewing your video that I would eventually see many years in the future? And did I possibly do this because, back then, all my RVing was picture targets and I was inadvertantly training myself to RV not the complete target but my eventual feedback? And because your video may be the only Mars feedback I ever get? LOL!!! I hope this isn't the case!
It is possible. Some theorize that anything our psychology considers feedback -- and if there is no feedback, this may be "assumption" or "other peoples' data" -- may qualify as such.

By the way, PJ, what is/was "Risk Intuit"?
A project I built that was near to done when I got dragged into working 130-140 hours a week last Nov 2010. It's project management software for RV, but was designed initially for ARV. It's a way to make the work easy and fast and excepting maybe 15 minutes on the project manager's part, basically get rid of all the secretarial administrative BS that makes these sorts of projects (a) way too time consuming to be done often and (b) usually too complex to be done very well in terms of protocol. it cleans up the protocol totally if you want to use it that way (there are options for how it's done that the PM manages). The idea is to make it fairly easy to run projects, large or small, multi-task or single, ARV or RV (I'm recoding to allow the latter also), with people playing one or more roles but truly having it be clean and elegant/fast.

This is mostly for selfish reasons; I am getting around to pursuing this and I refuse to spend my time playing secretary ad nauseum, I do not have time. Plus I want it to be extremely easy for people to interact and for protocol to be maintained. And a few protocol options that I really wanted, such as the ability to run an ARV project and never have the PM see any of the sessions (unless they wanted to) or the session judge see the PM's target (until over) and yet get the answers -- in stats graphs even, through up to 5 different kinds of judging evaluation -- from the judges. Or even to have something you could use yourself as an individual, and go right through, whether you were judging your own session (bad idea but possible) or having someone else assigned to that, so two people could work together in that way, maybe for each other. Anyway I'm not in a hurry but I will not run projects manually, I haven't time, and I have spent 16 years watching projects dissolve into a mess of protocol screwups and communication overlaps and delays in the middle and so on, so I wrote software to just solve all those problems for myself in advance. It might be useful to others with similar goals although it'll likely be semi-private initially for security reason (one-click links and such).

It's actually neat, taskers can set up a library of stuff like session forms, timelines, maps, instructions, whatever. They can provide a task and attach library stuff and assign as many viewers as they want, as many judges as they want, for one or more of the viewers. Multiple tasks on diff aspects of the same target mapped to the same real-world outcome. Stuff like that.

It sounds very complicated but it's actually very clean, it's just that the process of team viewing particularly for outcomes is a little complex in its many elements inherently, so it's the kind of thing that wouldn't be useful unless someone wanted to do the project manager role. In which case if they'd ever done PM work before, they'd already understand all those elements I'd think, and would see its value for cleaning it up and making it so easy. It's actually more obviously a benefit the larger the team or the more quantity the tasks, since the time you're saving scales up as a result. A PM can spend 15 minutes, once they get it, setting up a project that could literally involve three separate teams, 8 different tasks, and so on, and once it's set up and initiated the system handles everything -- assigning the tasks, all the info, 1-click links, notifying the judge the session's ready, notifying the PM the judging's ready, "reminding" the viewers or judges who haven't done their stuff yet, and then presenting the overall results to the project manager at every level, from individual view/judging, to a group of those done on the same task, to the group of all the tasks relevant to the same mapped outcome (ARV).

So for example, maybe there were 8 different ARV targets that viewers and judges worked with, but after he sets it up, the PM actually doesn't need to do anything except potentially answer a question (this is in-system as part of super-clean protocol), then at the end, the PM gets notified the project submissions are complete, and goes to a page where it tells him -- in various different ways of measuring, in case they differ -- the statistics on the judging which say that the chance of event-X occuring or in a certain outcome are 82.5%. They don't need to see the sessions or judgings unless they want. And even if the % is not high enough to make a prediction on, it is still valid viewing and judging for team-building along the way.

Initially, and I'm going to keep this because I think it's just a frakking good idea, the tasking was based on Marv's idea about allowing a target focus specific for the viewer while preventing the distraction by exactly these specifics by the evaluator, which also serves to reduce the required viewing level down to what amounts to the -- gestalt would be the wrong word here, but let's say the primary 'nature / form / dynamics' of a target regardless of details. Basically it's like a "semi" wildcard tasking approach (even full-out WC is fine, works for me, J said it was fine as well). The idea was that the tasking arranged up front (by the system but the PM can edit this to be more diverse if they like) is a _generalized_ task. Let's say that one task is "a person whirling-dancing" or "a high waterfall." That's it, it's more like a "target context" than a specific target.

When the judge gets the session, they are evaluating it against that, so they are looking only for the information that supports "the fundamental nature" of it. They aren't going to be distracted, as constantly happens in ARV, by someone going, "and there is this green spiky thing..." and in photo-Z, wow there is exactly that, yet it turns out to be wrong, and then in retrospect you see that the session well described photo-Y except for that one element of 'overlap/overlay' so to speak. Well this reduces the complexity of judging in a way and increases the need for a session to get the primary fundamental across, while reducing the need for advanced data or having 'details' be highly accurate.

So then once everything closes and the PM gets the real world result (or chooses to wrap the project), they are given the 'target context' that matches the real outcome, and then they go get a target for the tasking which is a unique instance in the world (as all targets are), that fits the tasking. THAT is what the viewer is actually supposed to be viewing (so it's a precog wildcard tasking where you are viewing the target which will be assigned by you or person-X to your session in the future) (I do nearly all practice this way. Works fine). This is why I wanted it so the PM didn't see the sessions because if he did his ability to choose the target would be blown and clean protocol would then demand someone else do it.

It's just an experiment and I wanted to try it out. The ARV I've done invariably suffered at the judging point not the viewing point, hence the above and really liking that tasking approach.

I believe that more real-world viewing would be done in this field if good, clean protocol project management were not such a time consuming pain in the ass. Mostly what I see is either some die-hard PM utterly buried in the amount of work it takes, and/or, projects repeatedly messed up from slightly to totally with side effects of protocol issues that tend to happen when people who know each other are communicating and things aren't tracked well.

This also gives the resultant projects available as a big zip for download, with a link navigation, and they can be made semi-public (a link with a password on the URL) or deleted from the project if that's preferred.

The whole idea is just to make it EASY to 'run projects' with multiple tasks, multiple viewers, multiple judges, and reduce the 'administrative' time the project manager puts in -- and even the viewers and judges -- to totally minimal. The system "keeps things moving" so the PM set is up and presses start and then literally doesn't have to do much of anything until it's all completely done and he can set an ETA for outcome/FB to the participants and later, choose the targets that match the outcome. So there is never actually a detailed "non-target". The only 'specific' target that gets selected is the one that was accurate.

I'm sleep deprived, coding lately, and rambling, which means this was long and incomprehensible, but I trust you to keep up. ;-)

PJ

Abstract_1dea

Sounds sweet PJ.

I had an idea about ARV'ing using a binary type target and 8 was the max a person can view and still have a reasonable expectation of accuracy.

You can determine Yes and No for three numbers with 8 possible targets.

If you had several viewers looking at a series of numbers, you may be able to break down a powerball lottery number in a few sessions.

My thoughts are if you can eliminate non-used numbers by breaking the numbers into groups and purchasing a couple hundred tickets to get one that wins.

Your PM ARV idea may be just the thing for it.

Let me know what you think.

A1

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting! Well, the system can handle up to 12 different outcomes for a given 'focus' as I call it (within which every viewer chosen gets a 'task'), so I guess one could use 8 of them (that would make the same potential-outcome-target for each viewer). Or, one could just use a 2-outcome setup for 8 different 'focii' within a project (that would be 8 different outcome-targets). So one could probably do it either way depending on their preference but I'd prefer the latter, since (a) it's less hoping the viewers are independent enough not to be influenced by others' sessions on the same target (as feedback or as the infamous sheep&goats effect), and (b) it would reduce the complexity of judging to two which I think is hugely important. I mean, 2 is hard enough, as anyone who's done some of this knows! :D

The judging options per 'focus' (which equates to per tasks on that focus) are as follows (a copy & paste from the site):

At least 1 judging-type is required. Choose as many as you wish.
Best: Judge selects one possible target (or 'pass').
Ranking: Judge sequences possible-targets from best to worst-match.
Rating: Judge assigns each possible-target match value from 1-10.
Text: Judge has 1500chars to provide simple text info to the PM.
File: Judge has option to upload one file for PM reference.

I imagine at least one of these would work out for binary or 'just 2 options' choice.

I think FSA (Fuzzy-Set Analysis) as worked out by Dr. Ed May et al. might be the best ARV model the field has so far, but that is way more work and time and sessions than I can deal with, so experimenting with other options sounds good to me. I really liked the 'target context' for judging, till after outcome, tasking approach/idea. I think it might take a few weeks of viewers working that intentionally to kind of modify to best suit it (I find there's about a 3 week 'curve' on changes in viewing requirements before my mind gets with the program in the new model) but it's worth a try!

PJ