• TKR Chat Monday nights: 8pm PT 11pm ET 4am GMT here in the chat room. Also: Mission tasking has resumed in the dojo. Tasks close 7pm Monday nights.

People and animals

mosbyone

I am having a block for some reason when it comes to people and animals. I don't seem to be able to get anything when viewing these type targets. It is to the point where if I can't get any line, I know it is one of those two things. Any suggestions??

Marv_Darley

Staff member
Relax. If you can't get any line/ideogram at all you are clearly too tense in the first place or at least thinking too hard about 'what your line is going to be.' How about humming a tune to yourself and pulling the ideogram in the middle of it...try to encourage the process to be as quick and as unconscious as you possible can.

Marv :)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I view in 'cycles' which means every time I've been stopped for awhile and start again, I'm essentially starting over. (Very exasperating.) And although this didn't seem to be the case last time, for many years it has been:

That when I restart, I "bluescreen" animals and people. That means I just get no info about them at all, the way in movie creation they use a blue screen to 'vanish' everything around an actor. I might get info on the target context (eg whatever they're standing next to), but not the biological.

But after a little while back to viewing, then I start getting data--except it's objectifying them. That means I'll describe first some piece of them, and then the whole person eventually over time, as if they are an object or a tree or structure. It's funny to see because the data is not inaccurate, the context of it is just clearly skewed.

And then I'll start getting pieces of them as human pieces (a hand, the hair), until finally I'm getting the whole human. And then I'll sometimes start getting flashes of it in entirety, like, "There's a man in a nice suit standing next to a long rectangle table outdoors like a picnic with several other people around" -- entire blocks of contextual data. (Only sometimes.)

But it takes awhile to work through some resistance to that point.

So who knows, it might be something similar. Like Marv said, just relax and view. A really huge amount of perception in viewing relates to practice. So just stay soloblind/ doubleblind (as you want to be really practicing *psi* and not other senses), stay with feedback (so your brain learns something, and so your psychology is pounded yet-again to 'believe' in it fully), and practice a good deal. It'll work out eventually.

Best,
PJ

Mycroft

Animals and insects are the hardest for me. When I read your post I tried to even think how I would tell someone starting out what to do. Maybe I classify how I feel about them by their actions. People seem to emit that directive or purposeful feeling. Insects kind of a repetitive machine feeling and animals well more playful.

When last I experienced it, remote viewing a glass of beer still feels like a lifeform to me. Thats it, mostly I will classify people and animals as lifeforms and leave it at that. Although there have been times when I was accurate along racial lines when I was viewing a lot of people pictures.

I bilocated into a shark once. That was very interesting. For days afterwards I had to work at breaking that instinct. There is no malice involved when a shark kills. I've gone into detail elsewhere what that feels like.

Probably it will come down to just viewing enough of each to know what it feels like. Really review what you were viewing when you did your session. Better yet review other people's session and go over in your mind what you think they might have been experiencing, I've found that a great shortcut to just viewing.

Mycroft

sonny5085

where are you from (the keep) "I am from you"
Nice Thread !

Roger on the block, ha , I feel your pain....

I would like to suggest something(even tho I have the same problem).

I would pick up the basics first (just a lifeform)

Then try to analyze stuff about it.. (whats it wearing) bugs usually dont like clothes...
Colors also a big help in the what category i put you in..

Also what kinda activity (energy feel) for instance what am I doing..

I had one yester where it felt... I was in first person.. so I feel a lifeform
I had a towel on my head.. so I went from there...

I would like to say I have a sure fire way of getting rid of this problem.. Ha I dont..

I still try... experimentation ! it is fun ...Pj has a wonderful example of aspect viewing somewhere
in this forum... I find it the most fascinating way to rv.... good luck....and have fun..

dann

I had that problem too so I made a target pool with nothing but people scenes. I got a copy of the book, "People: Images from the world (Cube Books)", which has about 750 pages of very nice photos. No need to cut the book apart and put pictures in envelopes, although you could. I just used page number references and look them up for feedback. It helped a lot.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Dan N said:
I had that problem too so I made a target pool with nothing but people scenes. I got a copy of the book, "People: Images from the world (Cube Books)", which has about 750 pages of very nice photos. No need to cut the book apart and put pictures in envelopes, although you could. I just used page number references and look them up for feedback. It helped a lot.
Yeah, that's a great idea too -- that is one reason why TKR in the dojo actually lets you customize the practice target pool to your own whims. So people could choose something like people as a single category and just focus on that. Yes, it's frontloading bigtime, but if one is really trying to focus on fleshing out detail of a particular kind of target, that's a good way to do it.

PJ

Joe_Black

Tip with people and animals, view the centre of the target, its usually dark warm and wet. Also with people you get strong emotional impact usually, and some bigger animals like dogs (dogs are so happy!).

The emotions tend to get smaller and smaller and harder to read the smaller the animal gets, stuff like fish I tried a few times I can't really get any emotion from at all, same with turtles.

Try adding some people to the target pool who you love or admire, at moments experiancing some strong emotions or doing some action, the movement and high emotional content might make it easier.