• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Perceptions from meditation

Do people typically get perceptions from meditation alone? For instance, I'm thinking about if you were meditating on a particular topic, and then received some idea that doesn't seem to be from yourself. I assume it happens from time to time, but are there regular practices where this is used to get more info on a topic, like RV might be used to gather info on a topic? I would guess if this is a thing, it would be less of a stream of consciousness and more of a free-form Targ-style RV thing where the main goal is to quiet the mind and wait for the surprising thing that pops into your awareness. What are your thoughts on this?

Fwiw, it's my understanding that you'll get info from 1 or more of 4 different avenues whether it be RV, meditating or even mediumship.

You'll "feel" your answer is #1. Think about how someone or an experience such as a movie or location makes you "feel" and you'll better understand what I mean.

Next is you'll see your answer.

Next is, you'll just know the answer but not know how you know the information.

Last is you'll hear it.

I myself disagree with only 4 and add smell as well since I and others have experienced smells that don't belong and have no explanation for.

My forte' is numbers 1 and 3 but do have number 2 and the sense of smell I mentioned. Number 4 is the most rare but people do experience it. What is interesting is they also seem to do well where writing/note taking is needed because they're simply writing down what they're told.

Meditation is nothing more than a form of holding the ego at bay which tries to talk you out of the above [make sense of it] which we all know it will do and have experienced.

To answer your question would be a yes in my opinion. Meditating on a specific subject can give you an answer to a question and it will be in a form I have listed and apparently you have experienced.

Based on your question you experienced #3.