Perdicting Future Events

AlexDiC

Very important. Since the compound cue has two taskmasters. You need to both by completely aligned in you intent.

sharp

Alex
Ok, I know it is not over, but the Red Wings appear to be going down tonight, with the score currently Ottawa 6, Detroit 1, midway through the 3rd. Big deal. Misses happen. It takes courage to put them out there, and I appreciate the fact that you are trying and share what has worked for you.

I am trying to understand. Assuming you lose this wager, with a "double" wager on it, you are hoping you go 3 out of 4 or better on the remainder of games on your "card", knowing that historically you hit 60 percent or so of your 5 game cards? This is the hedge you speak of?

Do you wager each game with the same wager amount (double on RV game), or do you adjust for each games line?

At first, I could honestly see little value in betting the games you did not RV, but I think I can now follow your logic at least. Hopefully you hit all remaining 4 on your card and make some cash.

Doubling your money every week sounds phenomenal. :)

AlexDiC

wagering strategy is very personal.. sometimes it's best to spread the risk... other times wager it all on the RV pick. Wagering business is one of long averages, being consistent and patience.

AlexDiC

Friday we had a Card of 4 teams which ALL lost. Therefore we had a non sense Cue. There were NO winners to acquire. Looks like our viewers picked the nearest/most interesting target... but of course it was wrong.

Press-on.. no worries that's the nature of our set up.

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex,

I suspect this question might fall into an arena of information that you don't care to share, but if I don't ask I'm never going to know. So my question is, with selecting a group of teams all playing at home how do you handle the odds. Meaning that with always betting on home teams and home teams winning more often than not, as you've pointed out, I would assume that the bookmakers require some form of points or differing odds in return for allowing you to bet on them, how do you compensate or handle this?

Thank you,
Gene

AlexDiC

I suggest that you steer clear of wagering business.

See there are two major things going on here.. One) Correctly viewing future events Two) knowing the wagering business.

You may know one, but doesn't sound like you know the other.

To answer your question.....

Never a n issue... Favored home teams always have long odds. generally in a range between -120 to -200.

That means you need to wager $120 to win $100 or wager $200 to win $100. (when you win you always get your original wager back)

example: A $1000 wager on a -120 odds would return $1800. $1000 wager on a -200 odds would return $1500. etc.

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly Alex I don't understand this. You threatened to leave because no one was asking any questions, then when I make a point to ask one you get insulting. If you are going to solicit questions, then you are likely going to get ones wherein you know more than the questioner does, else why would they be asking?

So at the risk of exposing myself once again to your razor sharp wit I’ll ask another; regarding where you say the odds are “never an issue”. You mention in some cases where you have to bet $1000. to win $500. Now again you’ll have to be patient with me but it would seem that this would HAVE to affect things to some degree. I mean if this were your odds regularly you would have to win about 66% of the time just to break even, which as you point out with good RV is not impossible but to say odds like that are “never an issue”, well I guess you’ll just have to excuse my ignorance. It was and remains an honest question is all.

Gene

AlexDiC

Gene. Sorry, but I DID answer your question and gave an example... Plus some good advice... making money wagering REQUIRES a skill set. It's not for everyone.

Sorry if you read my response as "insulting", not meant to be that way.

You wrote, that I mentioned..."bet $1000 to win $500" True BUT I explained:

Your original $1000 PLUS your winnings of $500. Please read it again. I gave you an example....... even with the long odds of -200 you "wager $1000 and ULTIMATELY collect $1500"...

Last night the odds on the Leafs was -119 favored to win. That means wager $119 and win $100. ***** (You ALWAYS get your initial $119 back ALONG with the winnings, in this case $100. SO you collect a total of $219 on a $119 wager.

AlexDiC

Last night we acquired the Maple Leafs to win @ Rexall Place.. They won 4-0 and were slightly favored to win -119.

We had 5 viewers. All 5 acquired the target.

Here is one viewer's sketch.. These are very quick 6-7 minute short sessions.. and as you can see they are not perfect but they DO identify enough of the target for me to positively identify them... remember the other 4 viewers that provide "support". All 4 acquiring the same target with various degrees of clarity. Also remember that we are picking a target from (last night only 4 teams were on the card) a defined group of potential targets.

In this sketch you can see that the significant elements are the: 1) circular shape of the arena 2) the vertical sides 3) the "cross" on the roof. The entrance was simply sketched wrong... viewers can on occasion embellish some part of the target, however, the main elements where spot-on.

This is a nice match for Rexall Place and it was correct.

Attachments

AlexDiC

the rest of last night's Card: Lightning @ Prudential Center, (lost) Blackhawks @ United Center (won), and Kings @ Jobing.com Arena (lost).

We had 2 winners and 2 losers on the card last night and we correctly identified one of the two winners.

You can see that it's pretty easy to identify the winner, since Prudential, United and Jobing are not a fit for the sketch above.

AlexDiC

Last we viewed the Cavaliers to win at Quicken Loan Center and they did. Same set up as above. We had five teams on the card and we acquired the angular overhanging roof of Quicken as the most recognizable feature along with the entrance. One viewer wrote"quick" several times in her S3 Intangible column.

AlexDiC

The card last night had only one winner of the five teams that were embedded in the cue. We picked the only winner.

We had 7 viewers last night. This is one viewers session.

Most acquired the angular overhanging roof.

The other teams on the card were: Wizards, Bruins, Canucks and Sharks... they all lost.

Attachments

AlexDiC

here is a good video from Hollywood that makes a great point about wagering "skill set"

This is a good video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wG_Tstc7ts