Prediction

cautious

I would predict that tommorow Wed 11/2/05 the end of day Settlement price of the Dec S&P Futures contract will be less than it's opening price as displayed at: http://www.cme.com/trading/dta/del/delayed_quote.html?ProductSymbol=SP&ProductFoiType=FUT&ProductVenue=R&ProductType=idx

Binkstir

I predict.........

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
;D

workerant

Lost, Out of sync., On a different wave length.
So Cautious, I'm just catching up here,but, how did it turn out?

workerant

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
I was 100% wrong. I had intended to do this for a number of days straight, like for a month, and will do so beginning in a couple of weeks. Something just came up that prevented me devoting the time to it after only one day, but I will return to the "experiment". One of the things I'm looking at is does the added pressure of doing it publically affect the results.

Quiss

ohh, that is so dull, Gene! I worry about the emotional impact of RVing paint as it dries. At least make it pork bellies and frozen orange juice futures! Or Martha's stock. Or create a graph! A nice graph of your predictions would liven things up for sure. In different colors maybe.

Just yankin' yer chain... ::)

LD

Staff member
One of the things I'm looking at is does the added pressure of doing it publically affect the results.
I hear that Joe M says he's been hitting about %80 accuracy on his Japanese tv show as compared to %67-%69 in the lab. He attributes this in part to the fact that it's a public effort with so many people coming together for that one purpose (i.e. studio crew, producers, law enforcement, etc.) and that the added intention, attention, and expectation of so many people contributes to a greater result. Of course, I doubt pressure is a factor for Joe at this point. After all, he's the man. 8)

LD

One of the more fascinating individuals in the world of psychic phenomena is Jack Houck (see his Web site at:

http://www.jackhouck.com )

Although Houck is more well known for his "PK parties", he has done quite a bit of work on associative remove viewing (ARV), as well. It is part of his overall theory of all paranormal phenomena that for the phenomenon to occur, there must be a high level of emotional impact. Here is how I interpret what he is saying. It relates to the concept of "The Matrix" as it was put forth by the government remote viewers. This is the idea that all information in the universe, past, present, and future, is available to us. What Jack seems to be saying is that it makes it easier for us as viewers to be able to pick a singular piece of information out of the vast Matrix if there is a high degree of emotion associated with it. I think Russell Targ also suggests something like this in a couple of his books.

I wonder if these two factors can cancel each other out? In other words, does the psychological effect of feeling pressure in giving a prediction in a public setting cancel out the greater liklihood of picking out the "winning" event from the matrix due to its high emotional impact?

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
I would predict that tommorow Monday 11/14/05 the end of day Settlement price of the Dec S&P Futures contract will be less than it's opening price as displayed at: http://www.cme.com/trading/dta/del/delayed_quote.html?ProductSymbol=SP&ProductFoiType=FUT&ProductVenue=R&ProductType=idx

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
I would predict that tommorow Monday 11/14/05 the end of day Settlement price of the Dec S&P Futures contract will be less than it's opening price as displayed at: http://www.cme.com/trading/dta/del/delayed_quote.html?ProductSymbol=SP&ProductFoiType=FUT&ProductVenue=R&ProductType=idx
Result:
Opening Price:1237.70 Settlement Price: 1237.20

I'll be gone the rest of the week so plan to start next week with a clean slate and to do it daily for a month or so, work load willing. If anyone else might like to do the same "target" I'd love the company.