Predictive Tasks

Glyn

Hi PJ and all,

PJ, I have seen you mention that you are getting together an area on the Galleries where different people can task predictive targets (including maybe for betting purposes); and the whole thing is to be managed by Gene. I am looking forward to it.

One thing has been bothering me. I have noticed more than once, that if I know who the tasker is and have an idea of their personality and likes and dislikes then it can cause problems. For example if I know the tasker likes football it will kick off (horrible pun intended  ;)) an internal 'is it or isn't it?' dialogue when I sit down to do the session. Even if I just knew the nationality of the tasker and nothing else,  it may still start me thinking of  of upcoming events in their particular neck of the woods.

IMO this is very important as it can spark AOL or even cause accurate impressions to be ignored. My point to this mail being...will there be an opportunity for the tasker's name/tag to remain undisclosed until after first feedback time?

Sorry if this has already been discussed to death somewhere.

Regards,
Glyn

(edited to remove at least one awful spelin miststeak ;)

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Gene's brilliant idea avoided this by doing the following:

Designing a project that doesn't involve tasking.

The idea is that viewer groups or friends, do their OWN tasking, their own viewing, in their own way, their own analysis or evaluation, form their own conclusion, and then just go mark their prediction.

The system allows anybody to volunteer to be a 'target manager' so for example someone into politics in Spain might post an election as a target, list the options, and when it's over, fill in feedback. Another might do men's Gymnastics for the 2008 Olympics if that's their interest. Another might do a certain stock market index. But this is not TASKING, these people are not taskers, they are simply posting a target which exists in the universe, and people do their own work on it or they don't.

Obviously some people who don't have anyone to work with might have a hard time doing this stuff blind. Though you can still do dowsing or kinesiology or something.

PJ

Joe_Black

Yes but if only 1 or 2 people work it they might not consider it worth there time if they could have worked a target with a larger group of people. Why not also have a i will work this button/i am working this to show how many people are currently working that target?  Also if it is a target that you can make money on and it is excellent work, it is a little unfair for 10 viewers to spend lots of time working on it and anyone who signs up to the galleries being able to profit from it. As a solution to this perhaps the/a 'target manager' can select a option to delay feedback by a number of days for everyone who didn't post session data till after the event while the people who took part in that target get there feedback right on time.

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy Joe,

Lets say ten good souls post their work here daily and sure enough it turns out to be useable; thus allowing anyone to just log into the galleries and get information to make money. To me this is the absolute best-case scenario. Nothing gets peoples attention, either in or out of this field like money does. Any poster showing the ability to consistently predict the market prior to it’s opening for a month or two would likely have a world of opportunity unfold before them. And that’s just one of a dozen reasons we want to do this publically.

Gene Smith

flower41

Gene,
This is a great idea. I'm looking forward to it. Do we need to let you know we are interested? Don't want you to think only 1 or 2 people are interested. On this post it's at least 3, but probably more like a silent 30.

Shuckz

Joe_Black

Well I suppose it goes with the openess of TKR, and every remote viewer (almost) would love viewing to become mainstream because it would change the world.

I know you just want your face on the cover of time magazine ;)

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, Just look for the opening of the project, which should be soon and please do take part in it, using whatever prognostication method you like.

Gene Smith

Gene,
This is a great idea. I'm looking forward to it.  Do we need to let you know we are interested? Don't want you to think only 1 or 2 people are interested.  On this post it's at least 3, but probably more like a silent 30.

Shuckz

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
You might say a little prayer for that lazy bones P.J. who is doing all the coding and heavy lifting on this project behind the scenes. As she seems to only be able to get barely over 20 hours a day of work out of herself.

Gene Smith

Not so silent... :) Sounds like a great idea. Offering anything I can do to be of assistance...

Marv

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
She's ok, but you could probably pray for her personality.

I'm a bit behind. I had to take a sanity night off last night and read horrible romance novels and eat chocolate in escapism. A monthly thing. ::)

1 day I had to work at night too, an 2 days I had to break from the project to instead code something horribly subversive. But I should be back to predict-this work tonight.

Several more days at least. Will be really fun though, it's really shaping up.

PJ

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
She's ok, but you could probably pray for her personality.
................................................................................
PJ

Gene is frightened of people who speak of themselves in the third person.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Oh hey! I modified my joke and it ended up like that and I didn't even realize it. Yeah! Well. The voices in my head tell me it's time I quit typing on the forum and got back to work on coding now. ;D

PJ

EricT

Yeah! I want my totally cool, nowhere else on the internet free RV tools faster! Get to work for crying out loud PJ...

(please, if you don't note the sarcasm, it's possible you may be a bonehead.)

Eric

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Actually what I need is more energy. I have monthly cycles that are really prominent physically -- a week of being nearly manic and sleeping 3 hours a night, a week on the opposite side of being exhausted and needing about 10 hours of sleep a night, and the other two weeks I'm 'normal', whatever that is for me. I'm in the "need sleep" mode right now, but it should pass in several days. It's really messing up my productivity though, since I lost some time for other reasons earlier. By the time I'm off work at night, I'm wiped out. I'll bounce back though. I'm sorry it's a bit more delayed than I planned (Gene's fear I imagine!). Won't take forever tho. Not much longer. PJ