PSI Process As Memory-Trigger?

Don_Williams

Here's an interesting article from the Spring, 2004 edition of the Journal of Parapsychology.  I found it on a free article search site, 'FindArticles.com".

Here's the page:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2320/is_1_68/ai_n13699202

Most of the research and opinions sited are kind of old (1970s, etc.) but they arte interesting, all the same.  Researchers sugest that at least one of the ways in which psi works is through the triggering of memory traces.  In other words, they posit that psi doesn't have any mechanism of its own, something unique to the psi cognition process, by which the hidden information reaches awareness.  Rather, they suggest the psi process "piggy-backs" onto other, well-known and established cognitive processes and, in this way, the hidden information makes its way to conscious awareness.

And memory isn't the only proposed mechanism. They also suggest that psi possibly triggers emotions, associations, and other cognitive processes.  The implication is that psi has no means of its own by which the information becomes known.    

Intuitively (pun intended, lol), this FEELS right.  It casts a few of the inherent RV difficulties in a new light as well.  If these suggestions are accurate, it makes sense that AOLs would plague us.  It becomes understandable that we would easily mis-identify objects and structures in the target environment.

It also implies that Ingo was exactly correct - and why he was correct - when he classified many of the error-creating tendencies in the RV process the way he did:  his observations of such things as emotional and aesthetic overlays, etc.  It also tends to add some weight to the idea that we might need a "cooling down" time period in order to shut down the already-ongoing processes in these cognitive areas, to create a sort of "clean slate" for the psi perceptions to impinge themselves on.

This is all old information but I believe it's a way of considering the remote viewing process that we don't think about very often.      

W

wizopeva

It makes sense from a reverse way of thinking of it as well. Say our consciousness continues on after death and that our consciousness basically consists of the psi aspect of us. The physical body is temporary. While 'alive' here on Earth we inhabit a body, are tied to the body (at least while 'awake'), and are limited to a constrained consciousness while in that body. The body may well be a limiter of knowledge that psi must travel through to get to our awake Earth style consciousness. The body may be similar to blinders on a horse. Rv success may be related to the ability to escape the bodily constraints.
-E

Benton

Staff member
Now I don't remember EXACTLY what Dr. Jim Carpenter over that the ol' Rhine Center was saying the other day, but he did make the point that he thought PSI info came first, and the other processes piggy-backed on THAT. In-other-words, we do PSI all the time, and the other processes, ie memory, association, analysis, all that stuff, comes into play AFTER we get the initial info from PSI. We are just so darn competent at making sense of the PSI info, we ignore the initial bit of info.

Our normal way of viewing it, as the brilliant Don_ suggested, is to believe that PSI is some aberrant stray bit info that leaks across the limen and we need to figure out how to quiet the mind to hear those faint glimmers of PSI. What the good Dr. Carpenter states is that PSI info is constantly flowing, and its our conscious mind that pulls out what it wants and disregards the rest. But hey, that's the conscious mind's job.... <g>

The real reason we have trouble understanding the process of PSI, or understanding the process of reality, is that the basic mechanics involved is PSI mechanics, and the "real world" is in fact built out of that, not the other way around. PSI isn't some unexplained property of reality, reality is some unexplained phenomenon of PSI.

ChrisV

The real reason we have trouble understanding the process of PSI, or understanding the process of reality, is that the basic mechanics involved is PSI mechanics, and the "real world" is in fact built out of that, not the other way around. PSI isn't some unexplained property of reality, reality is some unexplained phenomenon of PSI.
To me, that sounds like a copout as to not even trying to explain what psi is and trying to make reality less real. There are physical laws that easily explain many events in reality. I believe psi is just another part of reality and the mechanisms will be someday explained by physical laws like the rest of reality. I don't for one second believe reality is an invention of psi.

I do believe psi information is constantly flowing just as Dr. Carpenter. It's the ability of our mind to process it as if we were looking through memory stores is what's intriguing. As to what is piggy-backing on what can be a serious discussion when also looking at people with memories of past lives. This kind of memory definitely seems to be piggy-backing on psi.

Benton

Staff member
ChrisV, thanks for responding to my post.

I am not knowledgable enough to really say what layer of variables is the "basic". I may just be splitting hairs here anyway. But I just want to try looking at it differently maybe. That is what I am saying, not necessarily what Dr. Carpenter is saying, too.

Yes, it could be seen as a cop-out to change the focus mid-discovery. But I think the vast majority of scientists are assuming that PSI events are just unexplained physics events, as most of the research and theorizing I have seen makes that assumption. Almost all research will continue along this path, and it should, since good science demands we work from what we "know".

Positing some new dimension, a dimension of PSI mechanics, only muddies the water for sure in the aforementioned research and theory. But maybe its valid. Maybe it would benefit the physicists too, by discovering new variables and relationships that make THEIR models more sturdy. Or maybe its valid in its own right. The very science of physcis has evolved to looking for a more "basic" structure underneath earlier "reality", ie the change from mechanistic understanding to our present understanding which incorporates quantum and relativity concepts.

Or, it could just be nutty, wild-ass thinking. Could be just sour grapes since I can't get current physics to explain it... I just invent a bigger black box to swallow up all the questions.

But just to clarify, when you stated:
"...that sounds like a copout as to not even trying to explain what psi is and trying to make reality less real."

In trying to breifly reply in the earlier post, I made it seem perhaps that I was throwing up my hands, but in fact I have droned on and on regarding my theories and explainations on how PSI works and what reality is here on these boards.

I agree with you therefore, 100%, that we should not back off in trying to explain PSI, and should make every effort to explain reailty in realistic ways. I just think we could do that better if we examined the problem in some new ways, certainly not disregarding the old ways. If I seemed to be saying something else, I apologize for my lack of clarity.

Thanks again.

So, what do you think is up with all this "past-life" recall stuff?

ChrisV

In trying to breifly reply in the earlier post, I made it seem perhaps that I was throwing up my hands, but in fact I have droned on and on regarding my theories and explainations on how PSI works and what reality is here on these boards.

I agree with you therefore, 100%, that we should not back off in trying to explain PSI, and should make every effort to explain reailty in realistic ways. I just think we could do that better if we examined the problem in some new ways, certainly not disregarding the old ways. If I seemed to be saying something else, I apologize for my lack of clarity.
I see nothing wrong with trying to get a different perspective to a problem. Maybe it's my personal beliefs about the perspective that was given that seems futile to me or otherwise if there was something to it, I would be flying around like Neo in the Matrix in this reality that is invented and not really real. I hope I'm not offending you or anyone else, because that's not my intention. I'm interested in this psi transfer just as well as anyone else and I admit that I wouldn't understand the psychological factors that well compared to the physiological factors involved. I'm pretty much grounded in Math and Physics and could of easily dismissed RV as a bunch of hocus pocus. But, it drew my attention and I started down the rabbit hole to see how far it will go. Since I only started to look at RV about a year ago, many of you have had a good head start on me and probably have debated issues that I don't even know about yet. But of course I'll jump in opinionated and act like a know-it-all on any subject :p

Don_Williams

Hey Guys,
Chris wrote:
"To me, that sounds like a copout as to not even trying to explain what psi is and trying to make reality less real."

I don't know.  It kind of sounds like a cop-out at first glance, but once you think about what Benton is really saying here, it moves the problem outward onto an even bigger stage, including a much larger set of possibilities (taking on MORE responsibility).

Benton wrote:
"PSI isn't some unexplained property of reality, reality is some unexplained phenomenon of PSI."

I know one thing, when I had my very first direct hit, the whole world seemed to tilt crazily to one side for a moment and then right itself again.  And it was like that with every direct hit for a long time.  My results seemed to be telling me EXACTLY what Benton is saying here - that reality is absolutely NOTHING like we've always thought it be.  After 7 years of near-daily viewing, I still feel as if RV gives me a glimpse behind the curtain - that curtain being like a movie screen that this illusion of reality plays itself out on.

That's subjective feeling, but here's a quasi-scientific view on it:

And - I know very little about quantum physics so I don't really know how literally to take this - but from what I understand, quantum physics is telling us that reality requires an OBSERVER to collapse the quantum wave of potentiality.  This means that we REALLY DO create our own reality, that everything just exists in a "state of potential" until some consciousness observes an event.  Only then does it become real.

Now, if (a). I'm understanding this "collapse of the wave function" correctly, and (b).  the subconscious human mind truly has access to - and is truly aware of - all time and space...it seems to me that Benton's suggestion has substantial support from quantum physics and at least some support from the implications of parapsychology's findings as well.  

I mean, we don't KNOW that the subconscious (or some part of the human mind) has access to all knowledge, but it appears that way.  Access to all knowledge like this would certainly qualify as PSI and would qualify as "observation" as well (in a quantum sense).  And if OBSERVATION CREATES REALITY, then OBSERVATION OF ALL TIME/SPACE would logically CREATE ALL REALITY...right?  lol!

I'm no scientist and I'm pretty ignorant about quantum physics but this seems right to me.  And it supports what Benton has said - that PSI creates reality. As counter-intuitive as that sounds, lol.
Don  

ChrisV

This goes into the Copenhagen Interpretation. Even Schrodinger believed his equation was a poor representation of the physical world. If you go with the Copenhagen Interpretation, I say you are going with another copout. Since you can't conduct an experiment with observation to see if observation plays a role or not which makes this whole idea non-scientific. With QED, there is no need for an observer. I'm sorry, I think there is a scientific explanation for everything and can't go with the Copenhagen Interpretation.

W

wizopeva

So far, I have not yet seen a good interpretation of the observed quantum phenomenon. SO far, the one strong variable 'seems' to be observer effect. How you want to interpret that is up to you. They are all still arguing with no cohesive argument in sight if you ask me. I think it's safe to say though that quantum phenomenon is some really weird stuff that doesn't seem much at all like what we see at the macro level of the world around us. Yet the world around us is built out of that quantum world.

Some may find it easy to say that the macro world has nothing to do with the quantum world, but to me, THAT is also a copout. I think people want to go on feeling they were always right about the macro world and so this theory is easier for them to stomach than the idea that weird freaky quantum crap might actually effect the macro world in any way. When asked why, they just say something vague that means nothing. Yet there are tons of things that defy explanation like accupuncture for instance or even how our neurons work or how information is stored in the brain. We don't even know the basics.

Sure, I bet they all do have a 'scientific' explanation. Yet was qualifies as a scientific explanation? I think when many use that term, they mean an explanation that follows CURRENT scientific theory, but I would guess that scientific theory itself will change and stuff that people now say is not scientific will be scientific in the future when we understand things better. Remember they said the world was flat and that Pasteur was a lunatic when he said there were little tiny invisible creatures all over your body (aka germs). Most of the scientists were the first to point at him and cry foul! Yet I think scientists today haven't changed much in general attitude. The goal is mostly still to be right, to prove one's theories right, and to get more papers published, more notoriety, and more grant money. The priority is certainly not to waste any time on a theory that would prove you and all your friends were wrong and make many of your colleagues dislike you.

Historically you would think that weird data would be the utmost of of interest because it is most likely to be the next breakthrough, but yet often that stuff is scoffed at and sidelined and has to be rediscovered numerous times before someone finally starts to understand and pursue it. So therefore, although in one way I have the utmost respect for science, in another way having been involved with science for many years, I sometimes have the utmost disrespect for it because it is usually more about ego, money, and reputation than it really is about the pursuit of truth. And that my friends truly is the saddest of copouts!
-E

Don_Williams

Eva,
I couldn't agree more.

Chris,
you wrote:
"I believe psi is just another part of reality and the mechanisms will be someday explained by physical laws like the rest of reality."

All of the rest of reality is FAR from being explained by physical laws. I can list twenty or thirty common experiences/events off the top of my head that cannot at present be explained by our current physical laws.

you wrote:
"I'm sorry, I think there is a scientific explanation for everything and can't go with the Copenhagen Interpretation."

The Copenhagen Interpretation is exactly that - an attempt at an scientific explanation for observed events. And of course many physicists believe it's a poor representation of reality. At the quantum level, they're ALL poor, lol. Science is still searching for the theory of everything. But regardless, as poor as it is, has it not been bolstered by many years of experiments that have supported it's basic premise, even though, as you said, it sounds like a cop-out?

The thing is, consciousness is unexplored territory. Many scientists can't even agree on a proper definition of consciousness, much less its interaction with space/time. David Bohm wrestled with this and came up with his Holographic Theory - which, regarding consciousness and memory storage and many manifestations of psi, has found support. Bohm's theories may seem like a cop-out to you as well, I don't know.

But, to me, the Copenhagen Interpretation, all the work that proceeded it, and all the work that came after it, all seems like a lot of work by a lot of pre-eminent scientists to be dismissed out-of-hand as a "cop-out". When the simply massive amount of evidence suggesting that consciousnes impacts matter is considered, the idea that consciousness creates reality is not far-fetched at all. Acupuncture, energy medicine, anomalous cures and healings, psychokenesis, RNG field effects, apparitions, levitation, NDEs, OBEs, Hypnotic cures of Brocq's disease, precognition, presentiment reflex - these are all just a tiny cross-section of the human experience down through the ages which suggests consciousness as THE controlling factor in the universe.

Now, whether it really IS or not, I don't know. But dismissing it out of hand without offering an alternative candidate explanation is a cop-out. Can you provide evidence AGAINST it?

Physicist Nick Herbert described the "consciousness-as-creator" idea in a cool way. He said he sometimes feels that, behind his back, the world is always "a radically ambiguous and ceaselessly flowing quantum soup. ...Humans can never experience the true texture of quantum reality because everything we touch turns to matter." He could have said, "Everything we observe." The idea of PSI being the observer is just one more step, and not a very big step at that. And - as I said - I don't know if this IS reality but I can't find a decent argument against it so far.
Don

ChrisV

Let me first declare what I call scientific. Observation is key to the scientific method along with making a testable hypothesis. Without observation, to me it's not scientific as in the Copenhagen Interpretation. I guess if you observe that you can't observe a wavefunction collapse, I guess you could call that scientific. I say it's beating around the bush.

Our world is very strange and I know first-hand. I am not stating that the scientific method is going to explain everything; just stating that everything should be explainable by using the scientific method.

At no point and I'm trying to dismiss any work that came after the Copenhagen Interpretation. When Feynman came out with Quantum Electrodynamics, he came out with solutions to the problems of the Copenhagen Interpretation that Einstein and Schrodinger himself pointed out. To me, Feynman successfully explained, to at least me, that the wavefunction needs no observer to collapse. QED has proved to successfully explain particles that have wave-like properties such as photons and their interaction with matter.

I also know that QM is starting to explain many things where Newtonian Physics fail and I'm not here trying to support a Newtonian view of the world, nor an Einsteinian, or even a QM one. I'm also not stating that advances in understanding consciouness because of QM should be dismissed. All I am stating since my very post in this thread is that I don't believe our psi is creating reality and that QM doesn't support it when you look at Feynman's work. I think QM is a right trail to follow for a better understanding of consciouness; the little side trail of the Copenhagen Interpretation is not.

On that note, I'll leave another link to an appropriate link: http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/archive/00001355/01/NQ.pdf

Don_Williams

Chris,
Okay, I think I understand where you're coming from. Although you kind of threw me with this:

"I am not stating that the scientific method is going to explain everything; just stating that everything should be explainable by using the scientific method."

LOL. I'm not entirely sure I get the difference.

I'd like to know more about that link you provided. It's way above my head. While I'm vaguely familiar with the idea of microtubules in the neurons acting as a quantum computer (the Orch OR Model, as mentioned in the article), I don't even have a dim understanding of the rest of it. Could you translate it into layman's terms, please?
Don

ChrisV

The author proposed an evidence based model for regulating a quantum coherent network in the brain cortex. He gives in great detail (much is way over my head too) on how &#976;-nerexin-neuroligin-1 adhesion can mediate the interneuronal quantum coherence or macroscopic entanglement. The interesting parts of the paper to me are the explanation of the vibrationally assisted tunneling, which is a kind of multidimensional tunneling, and the calcium ion binding by neuroligins role in controlling the &#976;-neurexin-neuroligin-1 switch.

The author of this paper basically suggests that our consciousness is a quantum mind and resides in our neuronal cytoskeleton. It seems to me that his term for consciousness, that of thoughts, feelings, etc., are memories and he goes into detail again on how this quantum system stores memories depending on the regulation of the switch above. But it makes me wonder if these memories are stored multidimensionally and the calcium ion binding by neuroligins are also responsible for us retrieving these memories that are stored multidimensionally (something I was trying to talk about last Spring but never got back to). This goes back to the original post in this thread on how psi works through the triggering of memory traces.

I'm sorry if I confused you with explaining things with the scientific method. It's just the Copenhagen Interpretation is like "if a tree fell in the forest and no one was around to hear it, would it make a noise?' kind of scenario. To me, that's a philosophical inquiry and not a scientific one. So, if something will be explained, it will be by a scientific inquiry and not a philosophical one. That by no means mean that everything will be explained. Hope that clears things up on my part.

Don_Williams

Chris,
you wrote:
"To me, that's a philosophical inquiry and not a scientific one. So, if something will be explained, it will be by a scientific inquiry and not a philosophical one. That by no means mean that everything will be explained. Hope that clears things up on my part."

It does. Thanks. And I know what you mean. I understand now. It's a frustrating point of view because it effectively puts a philosophical barrier up against any further understanding ever being gained. It's like the idea of ultimate predestination regarding the future - impossible to disprove but not very helpful in enlightening us about anything.

Thanks for your translation of the article - but I'm still thoroughly confused, lol. That's my fault, not yours. I don't know the definition of most of the terms well enough to comprehend the interaction of those terms that the article is describing (things like "nerexin-neuroligin-1 adhesion", "interneuronal quantum coherence", and "vibrationally assisted tunneling", etc.). Can you explain the multidimensional tunneling a little further?

I've heard (in the last year or two) people mentioning calcium and its importance in the role of psi in the brain. Do you believe the calcium ion binding described in the article might be what they are referring to? Of course, this has naturally led to some people believing that supplementing their diet with calcium will result in better psi performance. Is that implied here in any way? Forgive me if that question sounds incredibly dense. It's just that this whole subject is completely outside my range of knowledge.

you wrote:
"But it makes me wonder if these memories are stored multidimensionally and the calcium ion binding by neuroligins are also responsible for us retrieving these memories that are stored multidimensionally..."

So, could this explain Karl Pribram's results with dissecting the brains of mice and yet never being able to isolate where memory was stored in their brains? (A result that has been put forward as evidence of the holographic nature of the brain and /or consciousness). As a reminder, in a rather gruesome experiment, Pribram trained mice (or was it rats?) to run a maze to get food. Then, no matter how much of their brains he then cut away, they could still remember the correct path through the maze and could limp along through the maze and get to the food - as if their memories were not stored in the brain at all. Could this be the answer then? That memories are stored in some sort of multidimensional manner?

And if so, the thing I'm REALLY not comprehending about all this is how the leap is being made from the purely physical/material nature of neurons and calcium ion binding processes across to the ephemeral, non-physical nature of consciousness and multidimensionality.

I appreciate your explaining and educating me on this subject. It's fascinating. Thanks.
Don

ChrisV

OK, let me see where I should start first.
Thanks for your translation of the article - but I'm still thoroughly confused, lol. That's my fault, not yours. I don't know the definition of most of the terms well enough to comprehend the interaction of those terms that the article is describing (things like "nerexin-neuroligin-1 adhesion", "interneuronal quantum coherence", and "vibrationally assisted tunneling", etc.). Can you explain the multidimensional tunneling a little further?

I've heard (in the last year or two) people mentioning calcium and its importance in the role of psi in the brain. Do you believe the calcium ion binding described in the article might be what they are referring to? Of course, this has naturally led to some people believing that supplementing their diet with calcium will result in better psi performance. Is that implied here in any way? Forgive me if that question sounds incredibly dense. It's just that this whole subject is completely outside my range of knowledge.

you wrote:
"But it makes me wonder if these memories are stored multidimensionally and the calcium ion binding by neuroligins are also responsible for us retrieving these memories that are stored multidimensionally..."

So, could this explain Karl Pribram's results with dissecting the brains of mice and yet never being able to isolate where memory was stored in their brains? (A result that has been put forward as evidence of the holographic nature of the brain and /or consciousness). As a reminder, in a rather gruesome experiment, Pribram trained mice (or was it rats?) to run a maze to get food. Then, no matter how much of their brains he then cut away, they could still remember the correct path through the maze and could limp along through the maze and get to the food - as if their memories were not stored in the brain at all. Could this be the answer then? That memories are stored in some sort of multidimensional manner?

And if so, the thing I'm REALLY not comprehending about all this is how the leap is being made from the purely physical/material nature of neurons and calcium ion binding processes across to the ephemeral, non-physical nature of consciousness and multidimensionality.
I think I should first start with a cup of coffee.

OK, let's tackle tunneling. If you threw a baseball towards a fence, the only way to get the ball to the other side of the fence would be to have enough height and energy to clear the fence. This is basically the classical view. In QM it has been noted that the ball, actually some particle, can go right through the fence, or some kind of barrier. This is called tunneling.

When we are talking our neuronal network, the ball is our nerve impulses. The fence is a presynaptic activation barrier (I hope I'm not getting you more confused). So, in the process of multidimensional tunneling, the energy from the nerve impulses is split and then does the weird stuff as having it's trajectory go through some imaginary land (another dimension). This can only happen in a mixed tunneling state which in this case seems to be vibrationally assisted.

I guess we can move on to calcium now. As long as you aren't calcium deficient, I don't think supplementing it is going to increase psi abilities at all. It's the regulation of calcium efflux and influx of the neuronal cells that acts as the switch. If you have an increased extracellular calcium concentration, I could see this as actually hindering.

I had a talk with someone who is diabetic and found that she has been having many types of psychic related experiences. Diabetes has a considerable effect on the calcium ion bondings. I'm not sure what to think about all this because I know only little about diabetes but seemed like a path for someone to look at.

I'm not sure about the mice/rat studies. Sounds interesting and I may look into them.

I'm still with you on not really getting the connection between our biological systems and a multidimensional one. Feels like we are getting very close but still seems like there are quite a few things missing. I still have a feeling that glial cells provide some kind of function in this but don't want to get into too much detail about it now except that if you noticed all the traditional attributed psychic areas of our bodies contain a high concentration of glial cells (eg. gut, third eye, etc.)

Now, back to more coffee and a search for some aspirin. I'm not sure if it's this subject or me just getting older, but I feel like I have a hangover and didn't have even one drink the night before.

Ghoul

Re: PSI Process As Memory-Trigger? YES -- I'm back

Hey guys :)

I haven't been jailed or institutionalised! Took a small holiday, and though I thought about stopping by and sayin' hi, was freaking out 'cause I wasn't sure about losing what little sanity I have left.

bendermugshot14ob.png
You know, the last month I've been writing some rough notes on ideas that came to me, and this is way cool, cause it is pretty similar to this thread! Maybe when I figure out how to blog, I'll just type it up as it comes, but until then the pencil & paper will have to suffice. I've been real busy also lately, so forgive the uh.. rough format, please.

Damn, I can't find Dunne's book. I started writing notes because my line of thinking closely associated with his topic. - Dimensional extensions & Time.

15th October 2005 [An Experiment with Time, Chp.VIII, p.33, para.1]

System of discrimination has to be developed for any individual to be able to not only recognise AC (anomalous cognitive) data, but to also be able to 'orient' without a frame of reference to past events/memories but also towards any other event not yet experienced, using an 'associative model' ... this is a very basic idea currently but needs to be expanded upon.

20th October 2005

To operate within a 'limited', 'perceived' universe which functions along or within a fundamentally, more absolute reality...

21st October 2005

The information propogation model and its effect(s) on semi-chaotic linear progressive realities eg. 'society,' 'trends,' 'culture,' ... a) when one person can effect change within a linear progressive timeline, the impact on the environment is immediate though limited to extent of a 'field of variability' or 'variability field'. As progression IS change, what has been effected is a change in probable outcome of sequential events.

Conceptually, it would be interesting to find out the impact of entropy on non-local replication acuity.

... Going crazy ...

27th October 2005

AC information is primarily classified by the sub-conscious through pre-sentiment markers. These would first be associated with an event, this trigger event then enables an analysis to attempt to place the pre-cognitive info within a general linear timeline. There is an inherent problem with the human brain putting all 'perceived' data into a 'past' frame of reference.

... Awareness of aforesaid 'markers', enables an individual functioning within a linear progressive reality, to assimilate non-local and non-temporal information and to apply it cognitively.

Recognition of atemporal function is important, thus the perceived connection through association from one 'marker' to the next before the event occurs, will verify non-temporal/local acquisition.

... QUESTION: How are information 'matrices' retained?
Information format unified, or are there multiple aperatures or methods capable of being utilised?... What connection does this have to information propogation and the mind's ability to become aware of this non-local data?...

...How does entropy effect non-local information propogation/local acuity?
Reference to effected change,- high levels of entropy creates a structurally distinct spatial system, more easy to recognise based on a frame of reference to the spatial system's changes in characteristics.

14th November 2005

The mind with dimensional extensions beyond our current understanding?.. The mind discriminates through 'static' 3-d markers which have specific associational relevance. Near future (determined) events are more fundamentally relevant than non-likely events.

Due to the number of sensory and cognitive 'channels' the human brain has at any one time, there are a number of potential channels to receive and process non-local information, but are some more dominant than others? enantiodromia.. or will a particular aspect of interpretation compensate accordingly?

Emotion, an integral aspect of mind.
Reasoning/Logicizing, an integral aspect of awareness.
... emotion is a more autonomous function, how does this impact?

There is a lot of interaction between the mind and non-local channels.

19th November 2005

Systems of behaviour solely determined by physical/genetic heritage. Most obvious distinction in physical characteristics and not just behavioural attributes is, when not crossing the species barrier, between man and woman...

...normalisation of extra-dimensional awareness is possible? Is a seeming disparity with normality just a mode of focus of attention?

[END]

dexterthinking3cq.png
Be kind, I've been getting a hard enough time with people calling me a freak for just talking about this stuff. Can't deck 'em 'cause they're family. :( And isn't the world a crazy place, I've fallen in love again, hmmn.. She would probably run five miles if I told her THAT, yes so that has my mind stuck in a trap lately also. Stick to going to the movies for now... and when she least expects it... smooch. hehe. Just kidding. It's kind of like going crazy, I guess. ::)

Hope all yall have a great weekend,
ghoul

Ghoul

Coffee, for qualitative RV

ChrisV: OK, let me see where I should start first. I think I should first start with a cup of coffee.
coffeeguy0sa.png

Coffee, for qualitative remote viewing!​

Benton

Staff member
Okay, I went to hear Dr. Carpenter speak again the other day, it was a follow up on the aforementioned article in JoP and his discussion at the Rhine.

Of course it was fascinating! He was talking about how memory and PSI info are similar and different. There was a lot similar, and the differences usally were strongest if we think of short term memory processes. But long term memory seems to function very much the same way we get RV info.

So it got me thinking.....could we apply some of the same mnemonic tricks we use to help jog our memory to help us get at RV data?

Think about it.... try it out... get back to me....