Pyrokinesis

GhostX

Bo Staff
Has anyone ever herd of pyrokinesis, The ability to make fire using nothing but your mind. I have asked other people about this and they sat that it's posible. I'm sure it's much diffrent than Remote Viewing but can anyone do that or maybe any other kind of kinesis.

I myself would like to learn how to make fire with my mind, read other people's minds, or lift physical objects all using only my mind. As someone once said, "The greatest ilusion is that mankind has limits."

psijunkie

I do not think pyro-psychokinesis as you are thinking of is feasible... perhap it is possible, but think of the enormous amount of energy required to heat up an object to combustion point.... It is staggering compared to the energy required to deflect for example a compass needle.

GhostX

Bo Staff
I know who said it now, "The greatest illusion is that mankind has limitations" Robert A. Monroe 1915. Think about what that implies, people at a diffrent forum believe it's possible and some have actually done it. If you want me to I can put a link there.

workerant

Lost, Out of sync., On a different wave length.
Just being curious here Ghosty, but why would you like to start flames from afar :eek:?

Joe_Black

look up spontaneous human combustion I 'believe' and have been told that its probably related to chakra type energy system gone very wrong. Not on the same level as telekenesis, probably.

morgan

i am willing to consider that pyrokinesis is possible. If you would consider that all of reality is pure idea then to change the idea might change the thing.. or something. On that line of thought there is no significant difference between moving subatomic particles and moving the empire state building, its just a perception and that is extremely difficult to alter. I know that there have been programs in china in which people were practicing moving objects in time and space, teleportation in a way.. small folded paper was sealed inside solid glass tubes and people were able to remove them without damage to the tubes or the papers. photographs with very fast speed cameras were taken and in one of the pictures, the paper was halfway through the glass. I'm sure, in fact, that pyrokinesis is possible. Maybe some kind of unusual physiological structure in the brain is required or maybe it relates to some other kind of capacity, some measurement of a quantity which we are not yet able to identify. If it is possible to move objects (macropsychokinesis) then it is certainly possible to increase movement of the atoms of an object to the point where combustion takes place. it seems reasonable to me, at least, on the basis of what i have already seen, to conceed the possibility of other things i have never seen.
the incidence of remote viewers in a population is probably one in several hundred thousand or more. The incidence of people able to become pyrokinetic under certain environmental circumstances is probably far lower. one in several million perhaps.
i dont think that pyrokinesis is necessarily something which anyone can learn, although i think most people have some kind of low level psychokinetic ability.

X

xerophyte

Artistic license?

---------
quote of the week:

Malcom Glazer when asked why has bought the worlds biggest football club "..it was a blip on the radar screen.."

morgan

It was a completely made up estimate AND ALSO COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.. i was trying to say that rvers (not psi ables, which is a far broader category) are a small group in the population. very low numbers compared even to the incidence of mental disorders (which are already only 1 or 2 % for many very well known disorders) so if rvers are so uncommon in the population... i was trying to say that IMO psychokinetics are less common still and pyrokinetics are am small fraction of the psychokinetics and as such in extremely low numbers throughout the world.

the important part is that it is my OPINION. not a qualified statement about the way things are in objective reality. Nobody knows that information.

Abstract_1dea

Bear in mind, there are 6.5 billiion people on planet Earth. If 1% of that is PK then that makes 65million PK possible people. That's still a lot of people. Bear in mind as well, maybe ony 1% are Pyro, that makes 650 thousand scattered about.

At some point, possible becomes probable.

P.S. Lyn uses that statistics quote in his book.

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
At some point, possible becomes probable.    

Statistics can be interesting. I'm trying to light a fire under the idea of getting a Kitaro sweater....what are the odds I wonder ;D hmmmmm

morgan

yes but scattered about the entire planet in varying age groups. there are only three million people in my country. but i was last living in germany and there were three million people in my city. these people could be spread far and wide.
the chances of two meeting is just, pardon the phrase - remote.. the number of pyro ables who dont realise their ability might be very high due to the relative obscurity of the ability. i mean lots of people have been to a fortune teller or have a relative or friend who just knew things so rv is not such a huge leap really, but this is a little less common. there must be reasons why this is not common. if it occurred in higher incidence naturally the idea itself would be more common.

really i'm just replying cause i've nothing better to do right now. I think we may be saying the same thing at each other here..
just from the glass is half full/half empty perspectives.

GhostX

Bo Staff
But isn't it posible for anyone to learn PK? Your saying that only a few people through out the world have the abuility. How is this diffrent than Telepathy or Remote Viewing? The only diffrence, I would think, would be the amount of focus involved. I have been told that everyone has psychic abuilitys and all we have to do is find a way to enhance them. Like astral projection, we are all born with the abuility to do limitless things. All we need to find is the way to bring these things to the serface and realize that (as I have said before) the greatest ilusion is that mankind has limitations.

Aaaaand I guess we can start this topic back up from here.

polkadotpuhjommies

Any one of us can sit at a piano and hit the keys. Not all of us are going actually be able to play anything well and fewer of us are going to be concert pianists and fewer still will be of Mozart caliber.

Abstract_1dea

I think the biggest difference between RV and PK (psychokinetic) is that RV has been refined into something predictable and teachable. You have a set of protocols and procedures that structure it into a manageable quantity. Whereas PK is still an unpredictable ability.

Ingo experimented with PK along with RV to determine where to put the research and decided on RV as it provided the most predicable consistent results. Teaching a person RV who is unfamiliar with PSI of any type is possible. However, PK remains squirrelly. It may be possible to train somebody PK (Read "Staring at Goats") but the "published" results so far are not promising. To add to that fire would be very hard.

BTW, how many years was it between the invention of the piano and Mozart's birth? I have heard that it takes 30 years to fully integrate a technology into society after introduction.

polkadotpuhjommies

Like GEEEEE...who doesn't know this important stuff :p ;D

Piano ~ March 9, 1705
Mozart ~ Jan 27, 1756

and the winner of the Kataro sweater is ? ? ? :D