RV/ARE Conference - Virginia Beach

Rich

The RV/ARE conference was a great event. Hal Puthoff, Paul Smith, Skip Atwater and Russell Targ presented RV history from their perspectives.
Paul Smith's presentation was especially enjoyable with the many graphics and documentaion charts of the participants, history and events.
Although most of the information has been published or available on the net for several years, its always good to hear things first hand and
be able to followup with questions.

James Spottiswoode discussed Sidereal Time effects and Stephan Schwartz talked about his RV experiences and the Alexandria Project.
Dale Graff talked about his experiments with dreams as a form of RV.

Ingo Swann gave a very enjoyable talk based almost entirely on questions from the audience. He stated that he does believe in reincarnation and
has given presentations at the A.R.E. in the past. Someone asked him to talk about his UFO experiences but he said he was told not to discuss
the topic but he did not say who it was that instructed him not to. And so is born another conspiracy theory!!!! :) Was it IRVA? Was it the CIA?
Was it the A.R.E?

I tried to get more information on Joe McMoneagle's Mars session and Pat Price's underground bases from HAl Puthoff but he had nothing to say
other than what has already been published. One of the speakers had said that Hal was the one who submitted the Mars targets. This was new to
me and I was hoping that some followup was available.

There were three hands on audience participation RV/esp sessions conducted by Schwartz and Spottiswoode. The first task was to describe
an object that would berandomly selected from a pool of seven. The objects were a toothbrush, brass key, vial of perfume, statue of a rabbit, safety pin,
heart charm, and a wristwatch. After everyone had done their sessions with Schrawtz guiding the format as to what perceptions to
concentrate on, Spottiswoode used a random number generator to select the object. All of the objects were in separate paper bags.
I think that originally only the chosen object was to have been shown but after some discussion, all of the objects were put in a box and
passed around. Then the audience was asked which object matched their data. The results were:
toothbrush 33, rabbit 28, brass key 30, vial of perfume 23, safety pin 13, metal heart charm 32 and watch 25. The heart was the selected target.
The results appear equal to chance to me. I selected the watch, perfume, and rabbit as most likely base don my data but I would have preferred to
have selected "other'. :) A couple of other people felt the same.

The second RV event was an outbounder tasking. Spottiswoode and two others, one of them with a video camera left the conference and then
randomly selected one of four locations to go to for fifteen minutes while we tried to RV the scene at their location. When they returned, they showed
the video footage of their exploration of a lighthouse and surrounding grounds. Paul Smithgot it dead on as did Sita Seery a member of the hrvg group.
There were at least ten good sessions with Paul's and Sita's being among the best. Spottiswoode said the sessions were as good as any that
were shown during the various presentations. My humble results???? I think I got the telephone poles and the stone plaque. :)

The final RV event was a session withthe target being us individually on December 1, 2003. Schrawtz led us through various aspects of that
date including what events and objects we will encounter and major news events of the day. So.....for my future......I will be at Lowe's Hardware
and it will be raining. I will be making travel plans and an octagon shape dobject will be significant. News events: A scandal maybe sports related...
Schools/education/funding news event...... flooding at a location beginning with "B".

It was great to meet some e-group members.....Kristen and Barb and some of Paul's students. About 75-80% of the attendees were from the A.R.E.
rather than from RV. Some people got the feeling that some A.R.E. folk were a bit leery of RV. It was a good time to get your books autographed.

In a little side trip Sita and I had lunch with Chris O'Brien and his wife. Chris has written a couple of books about anomolous events in Colorado
and we all exchanged haloween stories. :) Check out Chris's website. http://tmv.us/

All of the presentations were recorded and a CD will be made available.

One last thought.....it sure was a different setting from LasVegas. The A.R.E were great hosts.

Rich

::) ::) ??? :-[ :p

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
<<Ingo Swann gave a very enjoyable talk based almost entirely on questions from the audience. He stated that he does believe in reincarnation and
has given presentations at the A.R.E. in the past. Someone asked him to talk about his UFO experiences but he said he was told not to discuss
the topic but he did not say who it was that instructed him not to. And so is born another conspiracy theory!!!! Was it IRVA? Was it the CIA?
Was it the A.R.E? >>

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great time!!
Iam abit miffed though Ingo was FORBIDEN to talk about
his dramatic ufo experiences :(. I know alot of people
are trying to distance themselves from ufo link with
RV but ive always enjoyed his comments on the subject.
Also interesting about Hal tasking all those Marsian
Targets.

Peace,
Tunde

W

wizopeva

I noticed almost all the presentations were rv related with only about 2 of them apparently ARE related. How did that work out with so many ARE people attending? How come so few ARE presenters?
-E

Fire

Hard to say if they're leery because RV seems to have taken over the joint conference, or if the leery is related to why Ingo wasn't supposed to talk about UFOs. :)

Thanks for the update Rich.

Anybody wanting to refer this review to someone else, here's a super-short link that will bring them right to this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/tose

PJ

Rich

Hi Eva,

Mr Schwartz was the one who set it up. I don't know why there was so little ARE stuff. Maybe because his stuff goes way back and none of it is classified. Its been hashed and rehashed pretty thououghly.

All of his readings are available on a CD for about $100 or if you are a member you can access it on the internet.

Rich

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Readings... by Schwartz? Or do you mean Edgar Cayce's readings? (I ask because Schwartz has psi-related media stuff too.) PJ