Skinwalker Ranch

Don

Has anyone else remote viewed this location? If so, I'd be greatly interested in hearing your results and what you think is going on there.

For those who don't know, this location, popularly called "The Skinwalker Ranch", is a place in Utah where a dizzying array of paranormal events have been claimed to be witnessed, going back at least decades and possibly centuries. A book was written about it, published in 2006 (I believe) titled "The Hunt for the Skinwalker". The authors were Colm Kelleher, a scientist; and George Knapp, a reporter from Las Vegas. It's an exciting read, fascinating and creepy; although some believe it was a bit skimpy on the documentation of paranormal events (no film or video, no audio recordings, no material evidence, etc.).

After the land (about 400 acres, I think) lay vacant for many years, a farming family bought it and moved their herd of registered Angus cattle there. Since they were new to the area, they knew nothing of the ranch's reputation. It lays in an area adjacent to a Ute Indian Reservation; the local Native Americans won't go near it. According to their traditions, the ranch is "in the path of the Skinwalker". A "skinwalker" is sort of a mix of werewolf, sasquatch, and black magic witch, depending on exactly which native american you happen to be talking to as well which particular tribe. In short, they believe the land to be haunted, to be cursed. Many UFO sightings have occurred in the vicinity of the ranch.

Shortly after moving in, the family was beseiged by a plethora of paranormal events - glowing orbs, UFOs, disembodied voices, apparitions, sasquatch-like sightings, poltergeist-type events, violent dreams, and cattle mutilations. When they finally sought help, their story was printed up in a newspaper and Robert Bigelow, a millionaire with an interest in UFOs and the paranormal, made them a cash offer for the land. They accepted. Bigelow's now-disbanded research group, the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) set up security cameras and fielded teams of researchers (mostly scientists and ex-police) with night-vision binoculars to patrol the ranch. While they reported a variety of strange events over a decade or so, nothing was caught on camera. Since then, NIDS reported that events at the ranch had died down to nothing and NIDS shut down public operations. I believe Bigelow still owns the ranch and someone is living there.

I had some very odd, dark, and somewhat disturbing perceptions when I RVed this location back in 2007-2008 approximately. According to the book, several well-known RVers were asked to take a psychic look and their results were interesting as well. Does anyone have anything on this?

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
Hi Don
Other than the viewers named in the book I'm not aware of anything else unfortunately. I believe Joe McMoneagle and Paul Smith were among the viewers hired by Biglow.

Tunde

PatMcDonald

Can't say I've ever heard of this, but a thought or 2 popped into my head regarding language and Amerindian culture... perhaps the English concept "shapeshifter" might be more appropriate than "skinwalker". Maybe not, perhaps this is a different concept to a shapeshifting human.

I'd be very surprised though if Mel Riley was not consulted/did some viewing. Amerindians cultures are very close to his heart, from what I understand of the man. Although getting info on a Bigelow project might be tricky by mundane means... can't say I ever tried.

Don

Tunde,
I think you're correct, plus some other viewers.
Pat,
Actually the concept of "skinwalker" is very similar to that of "shapeshifter", you're right. Don't know if Mel Riley was involved or not, though.

The whole story is very interesting. Witnessed claimed a whole panorama of paranormal events - much like author John Keel described about Point Pleasant, W. Va. in his book "The Mothman Prophecies".

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
I suspect it may be some sort of portal someone or something is taking advantage of.
These portals hypothetically speaking exist in many places on the earth some are known and others are kept secret. Well that's what I've read in several books anyway. I have never RV'd something like this before except for the times I RV'd Glastonbury Tor. There is something very VERY odd about that place. I hope to visit the place again soon. Try slipping it into your practice pool and see what you get...but be warned LOL

T

PatMcDonald

Tunde said:
I have never RV'd something like this before except for the times I RV'd Glastonbury Tor. There is something very VERY odd about that place. I hope to visit the place again soon. Try slipping it into your practice pool and see what you get...but be warned LOL

T
Hmm... been up there a few times physically. It's been a pilgrim site for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. Although there is an awful lot of fluff published about the place to!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_zodiac

Problem I have with the Zodiac idea is that quite a bit of the surrounding area was peat bog until the land was drained quite recently.

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
PatMcDonald said:
Tunde said:
I have never RV'd something like this before except for the times I RV'd Glastonbury Tor. There is something very VERY odd about that place. I hope to visit the place again soon. Try slipping it into your practice pool and see what you get...but be warned LOL

T
Hmm... been up there a few times physically. It's been a pilgrim site for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. Although there is an awful lot of fluff published about the place to!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_zodiac

Problem I have with the Zodiac idea is that quite a bit of the surrounding area was peat bog until the land was drained quite recently.
Lol which is why its best to just RV the place and make your own mind up,
There is indeed a lot of new agey stuff that has been Written about the place.
Sedona is another mystical place as well as certain spots around 4 corners area near Utah
and Nevada

Mycroft

Was haunting the metaphysics section at Borders this evening and the book caught my eye.
http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=1416505210

Mycroft

Don

Tunde,
Glastonbury Tor is one place I've never RVed. I've seen some stuff on TV about the many weird things that people experience there. Thanks, I'll try it.

I've read about other locations similar to Skinwalker Ranch, where a plethora of paranormal events were witnessed (among them, as you said, near Sedona and the 4-corners region of the U.S. southwest). In the near-future, I may try RVing those as well. I used to avoid UFO and paranormal targets, mostly because they usually offer little in the way of feedback. But I'm more relaxed about it these days. Paranormal targets, I've found, if done infrequently and not taken too seriously, spice up the training a bit and keep things interesting.