The McMoneagle Chronicles (speech report)

W

wizopeva

Well looks like I managed to make it afterall to Joe McMoneagle's Mufon speach in Orange County, CA. First of all, let me apologize to Tunde if he happens to be reading this that I did not ask your question about Rendleshim. I have no excuses other than to say I was selfish and wanted to ask about rv issues and my selfishness took over at key moments and rendered me paralyzed with selfishness. Sorry! However, lots of other people asked UFO related questions, some of which I will report on once I get through with the rv stuff. I took a LOT of notes and quotes so this will take a while!

First of all, let me say I was impressed with the Mufon setup. Those in charge seemed wellgrounded, knowledgeable, and professional. That's not to say there weren't some weird questions from some audience members, but that's something that is hard to control. We were set up in a nice carpeted room with videotaping equipment and powerpoint presentation ready to go on time. McMoneagle came to the front of the room wearing a very nice well fitting brownish colored suit. He certainly knows how to present himself professionally. At least I was impressed!

First he talked a bit about his history in rv, how he was involved in the military unit for a full 20 years, both on the operational side as well as the science side. He said the science research side was a lot more strict about protocols than was the ops side. About rv, he said, "A remote viewer is a fancy psychic." The main difference is that rvers work in the double blind protocol whereas regular psychics often don't. On methodology, he said, "Doesn't really matter what the methodology is." Then he gave a funny example that you could rv in a tutu while doing other wierd stuff and as long as you were doing it in protocol, then he felt you were still an rver. On tasking he said, "Target intent must be very specific and very clear but the remote viewer mustn't know what the intent is." So I am assumign the tasking intent must be very specific on the tasking side. This is all stuff we've heard before from him, but still interesting to be reminded of. He also said, "the interviewer [ie monitor I would assume] needs to be as openminded as the viewer. The interviewer needs to be psychic too." In relationship to this, he talked about how if things are working right, the interviewer will know what questions to ask because the interviewer is being psychic too. He said this (blind protocols and interviewer psychicness) is some of the stuff that was discovered on the science side of the military unit.

OK, that is page 1 of about 13 pages of notes that I took last night. I'll try to get more of it up before I leave for the desert tomorrow morning, but no promises. The majority will have to wait until next week. I'll also add that most questions and talk, especially after this preliminary bit, were from the audience so my reports won't 'spoil' it for anyone else that might want to make one of his talks. Most of the stuff was unscripted and he was reasonably decent about moving along and covering a lot of topics. You never know what he might end up talking about next time and I am easily bored so if I liked it (which I did), then chances are you will too! ;-)
-E

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Cool! I'm glad he made it out there to his talk. I know he'd canceled a lot of stuff but apparently not that one. Please do post what you can, I know lots of people including me are interested!

PJ

W

wizopeva

Re: McMoneagle, more stuff

Some more rv related stuff he went over quickly:

Viewer nonos (common mistakes viewers make):
-tries to guess what the target is
-adds info not there
-worries if right or wrong
-stops too soon
Then he says it's not the job of the viewer to guess the target, only to collect info.

Targeter/Tasker nonos:
-Goes after too much
-Inaccurate date/time [I assume in the tasking]
-No focus of intent/expectation [in tasking I assume], just throws it out there.
-Leading questions

Analyst nonos:
-Confusion
-too quick conclusions reached [jumping to conclusions]
-not enough data
-Can't tell difference between good and bad rv sessions/rvers
-predetermined opinions
-Lack of analyst skills [But he didn't say what those skills are]
Then he said, "Analyst must always be concerned with the details."

Other rv related quotes from first half of speech:

Someone asked the question, can anyone rv? He then gave what he called the 'scientific answer.' [Several times, he said something was the 'scientific answer' which made me wonder what the nonscientific answer might be!] Here is a decently accurate quote of his answer to the extent that a few words might be off and that I probably left out some repetitive or nonrelevent sentences in order to keep up with the note taking: "Every human being we have ever tested under rv protocol has shown the ability to be a remote viewer. Everybody can play golf or baseball but everyone has a different talent level. You can train as hard as you want. What the talent is when you walk through the door is what you are stuck with. With training, you can increase consistancy and reliability, but talent stays the same." [OK, so I think IMO this means he is saying you can get better with practice, just as you would with a sport, but of course you will still be constrained by natural talent as well. No surprise really in such a concept if you ask me.]

Other quotes: "No limits on time and distance in rv." Then he added, "or dimension or size."

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"

-adds info not there
-stops too soon
Then he says it's not the job of the viewer to guess the target, only to collect info.

Targeter/Tasker nonos:
-Goes after too much
-Inaccurate date/time [I assume in the tasking]
-No focus of intent/expectation [in tasking I assume], just throws it out there.
-Leading questions

Analyst nonos:
-Confusion
-too quick conclusions reached [jumping to conclusions]
-not enough data
-Can't tell difference between good and bad rv sessions/rvers
-predetermined opinions
-Lack of analyst skills [But he didn't say what those skills are]
Then he said, "Analyst must always be concerned with the details."

Many Thanks Eva,
Dont feel bad over the rendlesham and other questions
the questions you did ask were brilliant and more important.
cant wait to read the rest of your report  ;D

hugs
T

LD

Staff member
It's so kind of you to share your notes with us, Eva. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"

-adds info not there
-stops too soon

lol ok hands up! how many of you have done this in your last 5 sessions ;D

Gold nuggets of RV info here from joe, also could be argued
AOLs could be more of a hindurance than help. Is it best to
just avoid hi level descriptors all together in order to
limit guessing as Joe puts it ? How does a viewer know
they are guessing as opposed to getting an accurate glimpes of the target ? tricky.

T

Greywolf

His answer to who can RV is pretty much what I've come to believe myself. It makes a ton of sense. His analogy to talent and practice in sports (and I might add music and any other human skill) makes perfect sense.

Thanx for sharing Eva

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
She's off rock hounding right now. :) Back in a few days I think. Hopefully we can bribe her into posting them all!

Tunde

"Keep Moving Forward"
She's off rock hounding right now. :)  Back in a few days I think.  Hopefully we can bribe her into posting them all!

While waiting for eva's reports, i got this reply from
mufonoc's Steve Gill for those who might want a hard copy
of the presentation :

You can get copies of our presentations by contacting the videographer, Dennis Whipple@ 562-755-3723. Dennis is not associated with MUFON-OC; he is an independent contractor.

Regards,

Steve Gill

W

wizopeva

Larry, even if I faxed you my notes, you would still need me to translate them to legibility for you! I was in superscribble mode. Plus some of it only makes sense if you know what the context of the discussion it came out of was. Anyway, going to start a new thread on more of it now. Next up: Tasking again!

CIA_Viewer

Now about these UFOs joe viewed anything interesting to report back for us Eva ? You did say you had 15 pages of
data to share.

Regards,
JB