The new models are IN!

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have much time here. But my two cents, I haven't read all the previous posts but am responding to one thing I saw:

There are different ways to respond to AOLs. Limiting the set for the moment to stopping, paying attention to them, and doing something with them, while in session, the options include:

1. In memory, breaking down the components of the AOL. E.g., if you just had a flash of a door and you wrote 'door', then you would flesh out what you remember of the door, e.g., "small, brown, wooden, metal handle, weathered, rectangular, smooth."

2. In logic, breaking down the components of the AOL. E.g., if your only info was 'door', you might flesh out, "vertical, flat, hard, opens/closes; structural; manmade."

3. In psi, exploring the AOL via basic sense. E.g., you simply turn your attention to the 'door' sense and then try to sense 'from there' something further to write down.

4. In psi/visualization, exploring the AOL via communication. E.g., you ask yourself 'What does the door represent?' or you ask the door you re-visualize 'What do you represent?' or you ask yourself, 'Please show me something else.'

5. Exploring the AOL in other ways. "Free association" would come in here. I would not be fond of FA for this because it is very similar to image streaming, which often gets psi data and is fantastic as an RV warmup, but when I've used it for sessions I had a huge percentage of data that was either inaccurate or heavily symbolic, whereas with RV I got a lot less imagination and creativity wrapped into everything.

My process is 1, then 3 if needed, then 4 if needed.

PJ

Just4fun

when you have fun, you can do amazing things !
ah ha

Thanks for the breakdown.

1. In memory, breaking down the components of the AOL. E.g., if you just had a flash of a door and you wrote 'door', then you would flesh out what you remember of the door, e.g., "small, brown, wooden, metal handle, weathered, rectangular, smooth."

2. In logic, breaking down the components of the AOL. E.g., if your only info was 'door', you might flesh out, "vertical, flat, hard, opens/closes; structural; manmade."

Actually, the above is what I was meaning I did -- and I called it free associaton (didn't mean the image stream version). Prehaps the wrong word I used was 'free' and the associative aspects are what I go after, which would be more structured/defined than 'free'.

If still not getting much data using either of the above, THEN I would let my mind drift to 'whatever', but not for too long. I figure if it doesn't come quickly, then I needn't spend any more time on it...that it is likely to be junk and to persue it further would only lead me down to Junk City and far away from the actual target data.

Clarification is such a GOOD thing!

Benton

Staff member
PJ, good info on stopping AOLs.  I think they are are real problem with every veiwer and me especially, since I get so enamored with my own thoughts..... I just let them take the wheel and..... disaster soon arrives.....very sad really

As for free associaion, another great book for all you people with time to read, is Wenger's "Einstein Factor" which you may have seen mentioned in earlier threads.  It helps you visually free associate which can be helpful.  Again, with any kind of "association", be careful castle building and such don't take over.  I think letting imagination take over is, in referencing back to my earlier ideas, letting the ego-mind energize the free association process, so that our imagination starts feeling good....cuz our ego-waking-minds like the story playing out.  For me... if it starts feeling satisfying or "I know that is got to be right", then I am getting off track.  Winger's processes are similar to what PJ is talking about.  Its a good book, interesting theory, and lots of EXERCISES for you people who actually exercise....

I am putting on paper my "theory" of what is going on, but of course all the theory in the world may not make me the slightest bit better RVer.  We don't need to know how it works for it to work, and work well.  But figuring stuff out thrills me.... puzzles make me happy.... so I like digging around in the mechanics of it.... and I also think answering questions about RV will fill in a lot of the blanks in physics too, so its important stuff.  Oh, and its fun.

I appreciate any feedback, including criticism, of what I have been conjecturing on.  Thanks.

Benton

Staff member
for example...

In the nearby thread: "I'm new, have a question"
http://www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi?board=rvgenl;action=display;num=1106286583

They youngster has numerous RV-like experiences, and I think the relationships to the parents and the dog had a lot to do with the PSI event occurring. Also, I think kids are better at it for 2 major reasons, 1) they don't ignore the info like adults get trained to do, and 2) they are more actively developing interpersonal relationships so the PSI info is more available. I think that is why "poltergeist" events happen to frustrated teens because of the increased importance of relationships at that time is a teen's life. Most developemental psychology theories attest to that.

Again, other explainations could suffice, but note that the events are happening in the context of the family. Its a great story, in any case.