The 'next level' movements in skill

Fire

Most viewers eventually say that their skill seemed to improve, rather than linearly and gradually, in "jumps". It's like one day, they had a certain session experience that just seemed to take them to a new level from that point on.

What kind of sessions, or targets, or overall elements do you feel have contributed to your increase in skill--or at least, "depth" of viewing--over time?

Glyn

Hi there,

With me there have been long plateaus followed by slight improvements, rather than sudden jumps. I think the main improvements have been because of the familiarity and experience that comes with practice.

After I had been viewing for a while I began to notice that sometimes I was aware of a diffence in 'feel' between some different types of target. 'Live' targets (eg outbounders) often seem to have a 'busier' feel to me. I also tend to have a higher 'score' when viewing targets where I have subsequently been interested in the feedback.

Regards,
Glyn

Don_Williams

I hate to admit it but esoteric targets have always seemed to lead to big jumps in the quality of my work. The more I think about it, the less I know why. Right now, the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that these kinds of targets, with far-out elemnets and strange perceptions, teach me not to ever edit the information as it comes in. They teach me not to judge the data, just perceive it and get it on paper. But I know it's more than that. The subsequent changes in my RVing had little to do with judgine or editing, as far as I could tell. So there's something more, I ust can't pinpoint what it is.

Another thing that's made a difference is to stop trying so hard and so long to reach that exact mental place that feels right for RV. Since I do ERV, the mental state is important. But it took me a long time to realize that it's not as important as I had previously thought. We can RV from any mental state, the altered state just makes it easier. I've found that I have to be careful not to expend too much time and energy trying to get into exactly the right altered state before I open to the target. If I do, I don't seem to have enough mental energy left to do a good job RVing.

One final thing - there are many, too many to list - is doing outbounds as opposed to picture targets. This may be a byproduct of increased confidence. Since I seem to do much better on outbounds anyway, when I go back to doing picture targets, I seem to be much better. I think doing nothing but outbounds for several months raises me to a new level.
Don

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Another thing that's made a difference is to stop trying so hard and so long to reach that exact mental place that feels right for RV.  Since I do ERV, the mental state is important.  But it took me a long time to realize that it's not as important as I had previously thought.  We can RV from any mental state, the altered state just makes it easier.  I've found that I have to be careful not to expend too much time and energy trying to get into exactly the right altered state before I open to the target.  If I do, I don't seem to have enough mental energy left to do a good job RVing.

Don, this was good to hear. Thought provoking....

:D

Bc/EC

Fire

Hi pdPJ,

In early remote viewing research, they were working more in a 'telepathy' model. They would send a person, sometimes called a 'beacon', or sometimes called an 'outbounder', to a location, and then have the remote viewer describe that person's location (and what they were doing or paying the most attention to, in some cases).

This model was mostly abandoned after further research proved that viewers did just as well without someone 'at' the target as they did with them.

Casually these types of sessions are often referred to as 'outbounder' sessions.

When people in today's RV field, talking about current stuff, refer to outbounder targets, they are usually referring to a target which has as its focus the location and/or activity of a person. Sometimes themselves.

PJ

Don_Williams

pdPJ,
I should clarify what I mean when I use the term "Outbounds". It basically means what PJ described but we do it a little differently. My tasker will take pictures of local paces, usually public places like a library, park, playground, grocery store, etc. each of these are then sealed in evelopes. When I RV them, my intention is to describe the location at the time I will be there getting feedback - so it's essenially precognitive RVing as well. After I do the session, my wife and I go to the location and see how well I've done. They're a lot of fun and seem to be a lot easier than picture targets.
Don

Glyn

Hello Don,

My tasker will take pictures of local paces, usually public places like a library, park, playground, grocery store, etc.  each of these are then sealed in evelopes.  When I RV them, my intention is to describe the location at the time I will be there getting feedback - so it's essenially precognitive RVing as well.  After I do the session, my wife and I go to the location and see how well I've done.

It would be really interesting if your tasker could arrange for you to be taken (unbeknownst to you of course), the *wrong* target.

I would very much like to know whether you would pick that up anyway, or whether your session would be completely off. I wouldn't mind betting that you would; or at least a significant part of it...but don't take me up on that cos I haven't got any cash at the moment ;D.

Regards,
Glyn

Don_Williams

Hi Glyn,
Well, we've never done that. But since I'm targeting my future feedback, I'd guess that I'd pick up on where ever we went that was supposed to be associated with that specific session.

Some interesting things have happened. Like I've picked up on stuff we've seen *on the way to* the site. That's happened a lot. And there's been several times when we were going to go for feedback on a certain day but it was storming or we had to put it off for some other reason. What's interesting is that no matter how many times or how long we put it off, my sessions still hold true for the moment we are actually there. Things that are clearly only there for a short period will show up in the sessions, like certain people, or a Snickers candy bar wrapper on the ground next to a flagpole (that actually happened after putting off feedback for 6 months!), or a specific kind of car parked in a certain place - that sort of thing.

The above is one reason why, when people tell me that precog targets are harder than regular targets, that the hit rate goes down - I can't agree. All of my outbounds are precog and I have a better hit rate with those than with anything else. But of course, outbounds of any kind have a higher hit rate, I think. I like doing outbounds the best for that reason, lol. It's good for the confidence!
Best Regards,
Don

W

wizopeva

About precog targets, I've never had a prob with precog that only involves a few factors, like maybe the actions of me and a few others. I don't know of any others who've had probs with those either. But many have expressed probs doing more general precog like world events in politics and stuff like that. I don't have much experience with that myself, but it has made me wonder if maybe the more factors there are that may influence an event, perhaps the more difficult the prediction then becomes. Like perhaps the joint influence of thousands of people might be more difficult to predict than say the actions of just a few.

Or maybe it could be something like that when you are the main factor (ie that you are the one that is in charge of getting your feedback, depending maybe on only a few other factors) also it maybe that you are subconsciously in collusion with yourself such that you can more easily make sure that you end up going there at the correct time. Subconsciously and psychically, you may be able to already know what few factors might influence you and plan around them to choose a reliable time to know that you are going there and so you will then also know what to get in the session.
-E

Rich

I have always felt that outbounder targets were the purest, or cleanest, types of RV, the main reasons being tasker intent and feedback. In Don's case, I assume that the tasker intent is always to describe the location at the time he goes there.

Is this correct?

Have you ever tasked for a specific event/date/location such as a 4th of july parade?

Rich

Don_Williams

Hi Rich,
Yeah, that's it exactly - outbounds are always tasked wit the understanding that the *time* that is tasked is when I'm there getting feedback.

This has caused some pretty amazing things. I recall one target in particular that I did a couple years ago. Several times we planned to go to the site for feedback and ended up not going for one reason or another (it was raining, some last minute committment, etc.). The place was a park in south Florida called "Butterfly World". It cost quite a bit of money to get in. Anyway, we finally went there over six months after I remote viewed it. There were a lot of obviously transitory things that I perceived in the session - stuff like a Snickers candy bar wrapper on the ground near a flagpole, a yellow car with 8 or 9 children in it (which pulled up and the children started piling out just as we arrived), etc.

We always do outbounds this way. I think it's a good idea to specify the time being targeted in every session. It prevents the Rver from picking up on future or historical stuff that might be completely accurrate but doesn't seem to be at the time.

I've done specific events that are scheduled to take place at a certain future time, like the parade you gave as an example. Once I did a lift off of a space shuttle and all I got was people sitting at computer terminals feeling pissed off and frustrated, lol. The lift off was canceled that day for some technical problem.
Don

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
I sometimes wonder if there would be any real difference between an outbounder who didn't know they were an outbounder, and your basic photo target from history. If the viewer didn't know that one was present or future and one was past, would their performance differ I wonder. I kind of doubt it.
PJ