The Rise and Fall of Professor XXX

Marv_Darley

Staff member
I have just finished a comic novelette on Remote Viewing that some of you might enjoy:

'Having accidentally awakened his dormant psychic powers a young nerd and his huge friend Dave set about exploring the universe from the confines of their flat through the curious art of remote viewing. A chance encounter with an angry extraterrestrial sets about an unfortunate chain of events and soon Professor XXX must take action to prevent himself and big Dave from a terrifying fate... '

Get it here:

http://tinyurl.com/6sdfvdz

Marv :)

Marv,

That's a lively tale you've written there! Starts out with a "hook" and kept my interest throughout.

I have to say I was hoping for a different "Sunday", but IIWII. How about doing a redemptive manga sequel?! You can't leave it with that ending forever, right? (Hopefully that will intrigue readers here to fork out the massive sum needed to purchase the text.)

I am asking my wife to read it as well - should I send you another dollar and change? - she has been learning the craft of fiction for about 10 years now. I'm curious to hear her opinion - as someone with not much interest in RV but keen on writing. Nothing stodgy about your prose!

One benefit of reading your novela is that you brought me up to date on a lot of cultural stuff that my granddaughters are too young to have hit upon yet and my son and daughter are too old to know about. And then there is that duvet, a word unknown in these parts. Thankee!

Jon

Marv_Darley

Staff member
Cheers Jon. I had fun playing around with that narratorial voice. I've been getting back into writing of late (music seems to have taken over this past decade) so this was good practice. With the ending - I was trying to create the whole arc that I suspect many people go through when discovering RV, though of course the narrator does so in a more comic and exaggerated manner.

As for the dollar ;D Lulu charge 64p anyway so I just rounded it up. Not looking to make money and probably just as well lol. It's just a little something I did and thought that RVers out there might enjoy.

Marv :)