{Useful4NewFolks} Length of time spent in session

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
When I first started, my sessions lasted forever...easily up to an hour. As I did more, I noticed that they became shorter in duration but the data came more quickly. That maybe a session now will last about 10-15 mins, maybe even less and the pattern seems to be wait a little, here comes the data, still coming, long pauses between data...then nothing. What seems to be the average length of a session? Of course I know that for all kinds of different reasons it will vary, but it seems there must be some kind of an approximate norm.

Also just before I first started, I was going through a time when I was having VERY frequent life like ''seeings' and life like 'movies'. It happens that these were literal and not symbolic. However, when I started RVing, they became more symbolic than literal. And then, one day I realized I wasn't having 'those real visions' anymore... Rving or not....that what I experience now is much more subtle...almost a hint or a tease...but it comes with a 'knowing'. (But I have managed to hang onto seeing colors... my whole field of vision will be one color..usually green, sometimes blue, often violet, just as often red and then some other things that are just to hard to describe)

I'm not sure about what I'm going to say, but it seems to me as if the strong life like visuals where maybe an 'opening up' and then after a while, I evolved (?) towards something finer ?? ....and maybe RVing had nothing to do with it at all, or it helped fine tune ...I dunno.

Any comments or ideas about this?

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Re: Length of time spent in a session

Since I have not done enough sessions to need two hands to count them, I have very little to contribute to this thread.

I would like to think that as I get more time I will put more time into a session. The sessions that I did try were very very short.

I just tried to intend that the data that I considered the target would be immediate upon intending and it would be obviously different from other thoughts that existed prior to the instant of intending the target data would be available.

I wrote down what I considered to be the sessions data and ended and went on with my business. I didn't have time to do much more than that and it took about four minutes or less before I figured I was done considering data.

I am sure that I could have done hours of cool down or prep work somehow, but, I guess since the data is one with me then it could be possible to have a session that was quick. I do not know. I could have also spent more time getting more data obviously, but, I am still trying to get my feet wet with the idea of rendering anything such as RV results and whatnot. As such an infant at RV, I find it facinating just to think I may have actually considered correct data from within the collective as it is rendered or accessable within me.

I figured that it was good for me to render the session as I could and not worry about the formalities of process since I have very little time or privacy to do RV.

I am glad that the question of duration has been raised. I would like to hear other people's view on time required or not required.

I can imagine there being many different views on this subject.

I do not think that fast and to the point is an overall good technique, it just seemed the only way for me to even intend on being able to do the five sessions that I feel like I have done as the beginning of RV as it is in my life at this point in time. Funky sentence, sorry.

I guess any data can be obtained instantly at anytime if a person could be that aware during the moment of intention. Now enters the idea of technique and teaching and learning and practicing the awareness needed to know anything found inside of us, latent and appearantly non-existant to the outside of us.

OK...my babbles are done..... ;D

BC/EC

Arlene

Hello Polka,

My sessions have always been short. Maybe 15 to 20 min. It seems if I try longer I just start trying to figure it out instead of just getting it. Sometimes I'll get something towards the end of a session but mostly all my info comes very fast right from the start.

I see mostly color and sometimes quick flashes of a thought. Mostly I think it the sense you get. Sometimes, but it doesn't happen always I will see a scene. It's almost like you are in the area, room whatever and you are looking around. When that happens, I tend to push myself to see as much as possible. I like it when that happens, it's very exciting. I try to make out the people or objects etc.

I also tend to associate what I see with what I think it might be. Ya know kinda describe what I'm seeing. Although I realize it just appears to be like that not that. Do you know what I mean? I know you aren't supposed to do that, but that's kinda how I get my point across.

Sometimes, I wonder how many RV'ers actually see what they are viewing or are they just sensing it like I do. I have asked a friend of mine and he says is that sometimes you do see it, kinda like a dream, but other times it just like what I described above, colors, smells, tastes, senses etc.

Anyway, that's my way of doing things.

;-)
Arlene

Fire

Hey, it's Arlene! Good to see you here.

My sessions vary, partly because my methods vary, but also because my available time is rather limited.

There was a time when my sessions were just taking forever. Not because the methodology was long (TDS methodology takes me like 1-1.5 hours for the darn session...), but in this case just because... just because.

Well it irked me, as I usually have very little uninterrupted time for RV, and it annoyed me how CRV had sort of got my brain in this "every thing in a column" mentality when that just isn't necessary outside that method.

So I came up with these exercises, and the rule is, I have either 5-10-15 minutes, and I have either 1-2 pages, I set the limits to begin. Now if I am feverishly getting data when I hit that barrier, I'm allowed to continue. Otherwise though, that is IT, the session is over, period, get feedback. If I haven't got much data, well, too bad. I should have been more concise in my writing or I should have gotten data quicker! I was trying to train myself to quit dragging it all out so darn much.

I went from taking forever trying to get data, to getting it much more promptly, and from taking up a zillion pages writing sessions, to writing them out much more concisely. When you use lab books, this matters, they aren't cheap. :) It worked pretty great.

It also meant there are many fewer excuses for not doing an RV practice session. :) Seriously, it may be true that a 5 minute exercise is not much. But in my view, it is better to do 5 minutes a day until the day when you can spend more time, than not to do RV at all. It is my firm belief at this point that the PROCESS of DOing RV is as much or more important as the detail of it--that doing it regularly enough to force it into the belief system is just really critical.

I think of it like ballet, and the 'facile grace' one gets from constant stretching. I knew a pro ballerina who years after leaving her troupe still got up at like 4 in the morning to do stretching for a couple hours before work (in a business environ). I asked why. She said in the 14 years she danced pro, you always stretched. If you were sick, if you were hurt (you just limited it), if the sky was falling, if you were on vacation, it didn't matter. It wasn't that you would lose your knowledge of the skills of course. But you would lose the 'facile grace' that constant training provides, and for every day you had not practiced, you would have to sort of make up a day.

Well I think of 'belief systems' in a viewer's psychology as rather like the limber body of a dancer. It is they that are most important and are the 'foundation' that the skill and the style are resting upon. Anything that exercises the beliefs, even just the quick process of, fully alert state, 5 minutes here, quick now, what do I sense about this target?--I still think that is better than not practicing because one has no time.

And while it doesn't get much data, it does at least practice the initiatory-data-getting-point in a session which is also important, and it often provides much more immediate feedback on what data one DOES get, than a regular session does.

PJ

W

wizopeva

Mine usually take about 40 minutes and yield about 13 pages. THe first 6 or 7 seven pages usually have a lot of data, but once I get to the matrix, I tend to waste a lot of paper space though. I've always been a fast viewer in terms of getting lots of data in short period of time and not having to wait, but the longer I have viewed, the more that happens. However, I have noticed that if the info starts to come too much like a stream of consciousness with one thing always being a jumping off point for the next, then that's often a sign that I'm starting to flail a bit and it's time to stop. It's like at that piont, I get lots and lots of data but it all seems weak and very transient, like I can't get a grip on it because it is so feeble. I don't know if I can describe it properly compared to the rest of the session though. Language doesn't really serve well to describe the difference.
-E

Arlene

It's great to get everyone's views on this. When I first started doing RV I was kinda embarrassed to admit that I didn't take a long time to get my data. I would notice that everyone else was writing pages and pages of info and that mine was maybe one or two pages.

I thought this meant that I was doing it all wrong. But, after doing many targets and hitting almost all of them with enough information to see that they were definitely related to the Target, that I realized it didn't matter. Not to me anyway. I have always been kind of a rebel, so to speak. Do things my way, whether they are right or wrong according to "The Rules." I figure if you get it, why does it matter how you got it.

I know that it might not be the way everyone teaches it, heck most likely no one does, but it works for me and I'm not a pro at it nor do I really want to be. Just the idea that this at all is even possible, amazes the hell out of me.

I do at some point though want to take some classes, from some of the different teachers. If for no other reason than to learn all the differences of opinions and why they feel the way they do about the way they teach it.

When I was a teenager, I use to play a game with a friend of mine. We didn't really think of it as a game but more of a fun thing to do. Just to see if we could do it. We use to sit face to face, close, and stare into each others eyes. We would try to read what the other was thinking ;-). Sometimes we did and shared it, other times we just smiled and wondered if we had, afraid to share our thoughts.

I think many times in our lives, even how as I am older that we realize that we do this unconsciously. I think you know what I mean, when you realize what the other person is thinking. I think this is a form of RV, RV of the mind. Short session data, but we get the point.

Eva, I remember when we were at the Texas IRVA Conference last year and we were doing Pru's class in the lobby that night. You and others all seemed to have many pages of information. I'm not saying lots of information is not good, I just don't get it. After awhile I seem to start drifting or trying to figure it out, lol, or fall asleep. Also Eva, I really didn't get to talk to you that much, maybe next time we will. Look forward to it. There are so many I would like to sit and talk with. Hopefully this time I won't be too shy to.

Hope I didn't drift to far off the subject. I tend to do that.

Arlene

polkadotpuhjommies

When you use lab books, this matters, they aren't cheap

Several people have mentioned lab books...what are they? How are they laid out and who is selling them?

Fire

Lab  books are laboratory notebooks.  They are a standard in most any form of science, research, etc.  They are required in most college science courses even.  Basically they are a (usually hard-)bound book with numbered pages.  Everything you do, you do in that book.  There's room to write out contents and stuff like that in the front.  Usually one side of a page has a light grid on it and the other is totally blank.  Every page usually has a place for titles, project names or numbers, dates, signatures, etc.  The idea is that NOTHING gets written outside this notebook because everything is either (a) proprietary, or (b) has to be kept for a real long time, or (c) may have to be legal testimony such as in a patent suit or something.

I like them because they are a concise way of permanently keeping records on what I'm doing.  I tape or glue-stick my feedback into the book after or on the page with my session.  I use it as a "magickal journal" to some degree as well, writing out dreams and thoughts and prayers and so forth once in awhile.  

I actually have REMOTE VIEWING embossed on the front of mine. The ones I get have 100 regular pages (I use both sides) which for people using 15 pages a session is sure not much!  Now the same session that used to take me that much paper takes me far less tho.  Mine cost about $15.50 plus shipping/handling, plus a little extra for the embossing, but that is if you buy them a case at a time.  I get them from Scientific Notebook Company at http://www.snco.com -- more than you wanted to know, I bet!

I was on my way to bed and got distracted....

PJ

PS Oh yeah. As most folks need to copy or scan pages at some point, most of them are made to fold open flat for doing so.

polkadotpuhjommies

nope....you didn't give more than I wanted LOL ;)

Your explanation is great ~ Thanks :)

W

wizopeva

Hi Arlene, when I first started rving, I only got a few pages too. I was always eager to get the feedback right away so I could see what happened and how I did. I did a lot of sessions like that and I would never say they were 'wrong.' I learned a lot and I think they were very good for me. But after that stage of viewing, I think it depends on what your long term goals are.

If you really want to become operational, then at some point, IMO you are going to need to start pushing for more detail and making sure you cover the whole of the target. Just looking good and looking like you are on target is no longer enough. If you get a person, the analyst is probably going to want to see a lot of info on that person, physical description, emotion, activities, job, etc etc. And as for the location, same thing. IF there is an activity, the analyst will probably want to know beginning, middle, and end stages of the activity on a general time line, who is involved, where they stand, etc. Plus there should be lot of drawings about where things are in relationship to eachother and each thing that is drawn should probably be probed for lots of detail. Buildings should be not only described on the outside for appearance and function, but also entered and described from the inside. Any machines should be probed for function, size, mechanics, etc etc. Unless the target is very simple, you just can't do all that in 2 pages.

But even so, I once did 13 decently accurate pages about a dental drill bit target. First I described the microscopic view that was in feedback. Then I described what the whole device looked like and some stuff on the movement and function it had as it drilled and cut. That was a really good session for me and I was especially happy that I COULD get that many pages and still be on target somehow for such a seeminly simple target. Not all my sessions are that good, darn it, but it taught me a lesson that even for the simplest targets, you can still get a lot of great data and IMO, a really good viewer can and will be able to get that kind of accuracy and detail on many of his/her targets.

So IMO, the purpose of all that writing is to train the viewer in that direction. One thing the diff rv methods can really help with is getting a viewer in the habit of probing and checking all kinds of things beyond what he/she might normally be in the habit of coming up with. SO you might view for a bit and feel like you are done, but the method you learn will most likely have a list of things to do one after the other. Each thing has you probe for diff info in diff ways and/or expand on stuff you already got. That way you don't feel quite as stuck. You do one thing for a bit and after that, you know what the next thing is. Some people just work out their own method over time and it serves the same function. You can always observe published sessions and copy methods from them as well as checking out the free online info for CRV and TDS methods.

That way can help you get much more detail than just a few pages. But IMO, you have to demand that detail and push for it. If your brain gets tired, you can always take a break and come back later. But it seems to me that the longer you stay in session, sometimes you can get much deeper into it in later parts. Other times, I just get tired and kind of off. But now I am starting to learn what 'tired and off' feels like and that it's time to quit. Whereas sometimes I will feel really tired but still really in.

I also think sometimes when the conscious mind feels really tired and cranky, those times can sometimes be really good viewing times, as if the conscious mind has been sort of kicked to the curb and less able to interfere. That's the kind of thing that often happens in rv classes when one has to do a whole lot of viewing in a short period of time. You might feel like your brain is fried, but you also tend to do a lot of good sessions.
-E

Eva, I remember when we were at the Texas IRVA Conference last year and we were doing Pru's class in the lobby that night. You and others all seemed to have many pages of information. I'm not saying lots of information is not good, I just don't get it. After awhile I seem to start drifting or trying to figure it out, lol, or fall asleep. Also Eva, I really didn't get to talk to you that much, maybe next time we will. Look forward to it. There are so many I would like to sit and talk with. Hopefully this time I won't be too shy to.

Hope I didn't drift to far off the subject. I tend to do that.

Arlene

polkadotpuhjommies

Another good posting Eva !

If your brain gets tired, you can always take a break and come back later.

What is later?? Hours, days? Even a week or more?

How many viewers will view the same target 2 or more times...from beginning to end? I'm not asking about the complex ones, just the normal variety.

Rich

My sessions have always tended to the short side. Th eonly way I hav ebeen able to extend them is through "move" commands and I am always leary of those. If I tell myself to move up 100 feet over the target I al;ways wonder if the target is still visible. What if its on a table in th ebasement?

At times I have tiried moving to the center of the target and facing the four primary directions, but this seems good only for occasions when you can visit the target site. It worked really great one time when I COULD visit the target.

Movement exercises is one way to extend a session and get more data, but there seems to be many pitfall ther also.

Rich

Rich

LOL,

And I find that i can't type worth a damn when using Internet Explorer.

:)

Rich

W

wizopeva

PDPJ, time frame wise, you can go back to the session any time, even a year later. It doesn't matter that much. But I usually go back maybe an hour later or the next day. I usually just do one long session on a target. Even if I take a break and come back later, I don't start all over but just pick up where I left off. Sometimes I think I'm done but later decide to add more, but I still don't start over. Over time as targets repeat themselves naturally, then I do end up doing more than one session on the same target. I should also note that I often heard it said that doing two sessions on the same target is good practice.

Rich, Lyn taught us the solution to your movement exercise issue is to replace exact numbers with the word 'appropriate.' For instance, you can tell yourself to move an appropriate distance back from the target and describe. THe subconscious knows enough to figure this out and pick a logical distance. You don't have to tell it the exact distance. Or if you say to move above the target and describe, then the sub will also be able to pick a logical distance. No need to use specific numbers. Plus, you wouldn't want a monitor to ask you to move say 10million miles back and describe. LOL, that would be a major frontloading!
-E

Arlene

Hello Eva, PJ and all...............

First, thanks for the reply. I know you're right, but I think my problem is I doubt myself. On one hand I know I can do it and on the other I can't even imagine being as good as some of the sessions I have seen. I was in awe of the data you all came up with at Pru's session.

I know I have to start realizing that most people are there to help you and won't laugh when your data is nowhere near the feedback.

Don't know why, but it seems my entire life if I couldn't do it well, I didn't do it. Probably stems from being from a family that never said good job or try again you can do it, not even an I love you. I don't ever remember being told I did something well. I try to tell myself it's just because that's the kind of people they were, not because they didn't care. I know in their hearts, they must have been proud, at some points anyway, at least I hope they were. Guess, that's why I'm just the opposite. I always make it a point to tell family and friends how proud I am of them. I can honestly say it comes from the heart. I love seeing when people bring themselves up from the bottom and rise above it all. Sorry, for drifting again, back to RV. Just that I think this has something to do with it.

I first started doing RV in the winter of 1998. Being as afraid of failure as I was, I asked a friend that I knew well to help me, I knew he would never criticize me. He would place a target on his computer monitor for me and tell me to go to the place and view it. To gather as much information as I could. He told me to go to a dark, quiet room and lie down and close my eyes and relax. He said to try and clear my mind of everything. As I got information, anything write it down. He would want me to take days and view and review the target. Then when I would get everything together I would send it to him and he would send me the feedback. Of course every time I felt as if I was way off, how could I get Hot & Cold, or mountains and a beach ;) well, we all know you can. However at that time I didn't think so. As I have read PJ and others write so many times put down everything no matter how out of site it seems. Most likely someway it applies. Well, I was on target on everyone of the targets he gave me. However, as you said Eva, I never actually described the target to what it was. Only came up with good descriptives.

Yes, I would love to get there. To be able to do what so many of you all do. I do try but guess not hard enough. I tell myself I am going to start trying again. I stopped for almost a year, mostly due to things happening in my life and also because it seemed that whenever I would go to do it, I would be made fun of by people around me.

Eva says, Demand the detail and push for it. LOL, that's my problem, I never demand anything. Guess I better get more demanding. I know I need help, but I think my fear of failure is most likely why I haven't tried to get any. I always have tried to do everything solo. I'm pretty good at what I do, although the MASTER of none ;), at least in my opinion. I'm a very sensitive person and usually get way over involved in everything I do. Sometimes that's a downfall for me, but I think it's a good trait.

Eva, thanks again, I really enjoyed that post. It made me realize I'm wrong, I do need to go further. Now, I just got to find the quite time and do it, chuckle.

BTW, PJ, Eva and everyone else involved, you guys are amazing for what you're doing. I know it takes time to write all these posts and give all the information that you do and all in such detail. Hell, and then do everything else that has to be done in a normal everyday life.

Congrates You Guys,
Arlene

polkadotpuhjommies

Hi Arlene

It's not always easy to reveal personal things about ourselves ~ I understand your discomfort.

Well, I was on target on everyone of the targets he gave me. & Don't know why, but it seems my entire life if I couldn't do it well, I didn't do it. Probably stems from being from a family that never said good job or try again you can do it, not even an I love you. I don't ever remember being told I did something well.

While reading your posting, these 2 statements really jumped out at me and felt 'a reverse' meaning ~ because of not being told you did a good job and then finding you DID do a good job, that much of the 'fear' is in not being able to continue the 'good job'. Almost as if having reached the 'good job level' it would be a good place to stop so that you don't 'undo the good' by having sessions that would be misses.

Does this fit in with what you are feeling?

The people in our lives can either help create a balance for us or not. Finding and maintaining that balance is a lifes work. How about adding more like minded people to your current mix of people in your life?
You will have people you can talk and discuss with that have a foundation of knowing about 'these things' ;) and they won't make fun or ridicule. For the balance, you maintain the friends you have to help keep you grounded. There is room and need enough for both kinds :D

Something like this: a group you can remote and OBE with and a group to discuss 'what are you making for dinner' kinds of things. And run like the wind should these 2 groups ever meet each other ROFL ;D

Arlene

Hello PD,

While reading your posting, these 2 statements really jumped out at me and felt 'a reverse' meaning ~ because of not being told you did a good job and then finding you DID do a good job, that much of the 'fear' is in not being able to continue the 'good job'. Almost as if having reached the 'good job level' it would be a good place to stop so that you don't 'undo the good' by having sessions that would be misses.

Does this fit in with what you are feeling?

Never looked at it like that, but yes, I think you may be right. I am afraid if I go as far as trying to actually name the target, I may be way off and then all the previously acquired data would be void.

The people in our lives can either help create a balance for us or not. Finding and maintaining that balance is a lifes work. How about adding more like minded people to your current mix of people in your life?

Well, other than on the Internet, that is easier said than done. Just doesn't seem to be that many around. I think that's why I had such a great time at the last two conferences I went to. I was with people that all had mostly the same beliefs. I can honestly say that, that was the first time in way too long a time that I had felt that good. I didn't even want to go home. If I had nothing but time and money, then it would be heaven. I could just fly from one lecture or presentation to another.

Something like this: a group you can remote and OBE with and a group to discuss 'what are you making for dinner' kinds of things. And run like the wind should these 2 groups ever meet each other ROFL

Now, that sounds perfect. Isn't that kinda like what we got right here ;)? We can even add in Eva's Farview and PJ's RV Oasis. Dinner, well that's more in Pem I guess ;).

One of my desires is to be able to have OBE's at will. I would think though, you would have to be really confident in the person you are working with if you are to be taught this. I have experienced this, but through someone else's abilities.

Arlene

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com

Good morning all, I am reading all of the posts from the weekend. Lots of good stuff has been discussed.

Arlene, thanks for sharing the personal stuff. You are digging into yourself in a way that will produce results for you, especially around this bunch as they help with whatever you throw out for consideration.

This is another good thread. I have a lot to read, so, hear I go. see ya

BC/EC

polkadotpuhjommies

One of my desires is to be able to have OBE's at will.

I used to feel this way. I've had a few, none of them planned and certainly not at will :p I tried several times to 'do it' and came real close, but it seems at the last minute, I pulled back. This was years ago and I haven't tried since nor have I had any OBE's that I'm aware of. Looking back on that time, by writing this, it seems that I pulled back because of feeling that being able to command it was more power than I thought I could handle.....but this is another story ;)

I came to the conclusion that working on having OBE's was really not the best way to spend my time and energy. Sure, the ones I had were super and I'm glad I had them --- it was a wonderful experience and it certainly gave me an understanding of things that I wouldn't have otherwise.

I suppose if I hadn't had any that I could remember, I would want to learn how to do it too, but after seeing how much time, energy goes into it and still not 'doing it' that I could be more productive investing in other aspects of psi...concentrating on the things I know I can do and as a by product, the OBE's will come. :D ...particulary working with RVing. Doing targets had made me aware of a dissociative feeling that I'm sure will lead up to a 'trip'

Meanwhile, until that happens, I plan on visiting my 1st grandchild over the holidays and will go via ''Delta" like all the other normal people will be doing ! ;D

Arlene

Meanwhile, until that happens, I plan on visiting my 1st grandchild over the holidays and will go via ''Delta" like all the other normal people will be doing !

LOL, Polka...........

Have a grand time, as I'm sure you will. I have 10 grandchildren and another on the way ;). I love them all dearly and they are wonderful to have around, for a visit ;).

Yes, flying is the normal way. Sure would be fun to be able to go anywhere anytime though through the power of our minds. Hey, that's what we do, isn't it?

Arlene