{Useful4NewFolks} Length of time spent in session

W

wizopeva

Re: Length of time spent in a session

Never looked at it like that, but yes, I think you may be right. I am afraid if I go as far as trying to actually name the target, I may be way off and then all the previously acquired data would be void.

But that would never be the case. An analyst is not going to just assume all is perfect or that nothing is perfect. The analyst looks at the whole session. One wrong part does not invalidate the entire session.
-E

Fire

Yeah, I agree with Eva on this point. You put down whatever strikes you and if it's wrong, who gives a darn? So it's wrong. You can learn as much from a session with wrong data as one with right data.

Arlene, I know what you're talking about. I had a friend offer to help me with RV back in - early 97 I think it was. I was just too neurotic, and had to refuse. I am also one of those people who was generally good at most things in my life, but anything I wasn't good at, just never did, probably for the same reasons as you.

I believe it is critically important in remote viewing for beginning viewers to be able to do sessions, in protocol, with only themselves as the audience. Nobody else involved, nothing to enforce any more of that darn viewer ego thing about "success or failure". Remote viewing has more than enough psychological issues at stake already without dragging in that.

If remote viewing is like any other skill on planet earth, people learning it are probably going to have more failure than success initially, until the ratio starts changing, with practice. Viewers need to be able to have those failures or that "iffy/mixed" result as long as they need to, in the privacy of only themselves being the judge, as they learn. When the viewer has more experience and has gradually built up their confidence and willingness to risk, then they can start viewing for other people.

Joe and I were having a conversation about this not long ago. He pointed out that really, the only competition any viewer has is with themselves. Everybody is unique and everybody has their own path for personal growth. Remote viewing is a shamanic path--that is something INternal, not external, that is about what we do and who we are inside and who we are gradually becoming, not about what other people think of us and our process.

The whole schtick of 'proving' oneself in RV ought to be limited to the gurus who want to charge money for their expertise in my opinion. For most individuals, what they really need is a "safe space" to do RV. They need some time, some consistency, and if possible, some help with protocol like tasking so they're not picking out their own targets. Beyond that, it's just practice, and "thoughtful consideration" of the session and feedback etc.

PJ

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"

On average, my sessions usualy last from 15 mins to an hour. I have found that sometimes I can easily access the target signal and other times I just can't find it among the static of my own mind. If I do access the signal, sometimes the data I get just seems to flow like a river, while other times it's just a trickle. As far as ending the session, I seem to just "know" when it's over and any other attemps to preceive the target would be refused. It's like a wall goes up to keep me out.

Two quick observations here, any of your thoughs would be appriciated.

When I see a target in my mind, it's always in "greyscale" like black and white, and most times it seems as if I'm trying to look through a veil of cheesecloth or some other material the would blur or obstruct my vision.

When trying to move to observe the target from another angle, I get disoriented, sometimes dizzy and have to try to disconnect then reaquire the target image in my mind.

Good health and long life,
T-bone

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com

Remote viewing is a shamanic path--that is something INternal, not external, that is about what we do and who we are inside and who we are gradually becoming, not about what other people think of us and our process.

Inspiring thread/post....I like to hear about the wrong data and errors being part of it all, etc. Beginners need a lot of that type of reinforcement, well, at least I do for sure.

BC/EC

Edited by PJ to reduce quoting of her. heh heh.

Arlene

Hi Eva/PJ,

An analyst is not going to just assume all is perfect or that nothing is perfect. The analyst looks at the whole session. One wrong part does not invalidate the entire session.
-E

Yes, I understand that but still in my mind I think that it bothers me, guess that's just something that I have to get over. And, I will, I know I will. I'll just get tough and not pay any mind to the sometimes heartless remarks made by some. It has never been done to me, but I have seen it done to others.

Also, I would imagine that is true if the analyst is an experienced analyst. I for instance most likely wouldn't know how to properly analyze a session, and must add would never attempt to do it for anyone but maybe myself. So an improper reading of a session done by someone not too experienced might really mess up a viewer. I think that is kinda proven with ARV feedback.

That was one of the things I liked about JFK. When I choose the wrong ARV Feedback Photo, he actually went into detail to try and make me understand were I went wrong, and assured me that he understood why I had choose the photo I had.

PJ: said..........
Joe and I were having a conversation about this not long ago. He pointed out that really, the only competition any viewer has is with themselves.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately we judge ourselves harder than others, I might imagine.

I also agree with you both [Eva_PJ] that we should just put down what we get even if it seems wrong. Right, who gives a darn, lol. Ok, so now my sessions will most likely show up with a lot more data, hmmmmm, this could get very interesting ;).

Arlene

Arlene

Hello T-bone,

When I see a target in my mind, it's always in "greyscale" like black and white,........

When trying to move to observe the target from another angle, I get disoriented, sometimes dizzy ...

When I see :), I also see in b/w 99% of the time. Funny thing is sometimes, very rarely, I'll see color. I just did a target last week I was viewing a scene in b/w trying to see all I could. I look so hard trying to move around but it always seems to revert back to the same scene. The people are usually just outlines, like black shadows.

Well, I feel asleep. When I woke, I wrote down all I could remember and then laid back down to start the viewing again. At first sight, all of a sudden a Yellow Bus appeared. I most definitely saw yellow. Then I saw gray, shiny gray as on ceramic tiles. Not sure they were tiles but that's what the gray reminded me of.

PJ, about the dizziness, does this mean anything that you know of? I remember once mentioning that I would get dizzy sometimes when I was laying down doing a session and my friend said that it was me trying to go out of body. I'm sure that's what he said but gosh it was so long ago. It's really weird when you are laying down and you feel as if you are swirling all over and gonna fall.

Arlene

Rich

Hi Eva,

That is a good tip. "Appropriate" fills the bill. I was thinking of other options like: center of attraction, focus of tasker, highlight/focus of feedback, etc.

I don't know what to think about this theory of the sub having a mind of its own, though.
If it does, I would like to just say- Give me some *(*&%)$% usefull, accurate data or Hey, wake up there!

:eek:

Rich

W

wizopeva

Rich, all I know is that 'appropriate' seems to work. Maybe it's because the word kinda comes with a bunch of unwritten rules about what would be a good distance. It would be hard to write down the rules, but you probably could do an OK job if you set your mind to it. THe conscious mind will have a set of answers to it if considering only one consistant feature of distance.

As for other stuff, I do often ask myself things like, what does the analyst most want to know? Another for practice sessions could be to ask for the most visually striking aspect of the target to the consious mind. I don't know but it seems that whats impt to the subconscious may not be whats impt to the conscious. So a little bit of direction to the subconcious can often help. But on the other hand, the subconsious does not seem to be as stupid as your average Microsoft computer. It seems you CAN give it somewhat generalized instructions and still get reasonable answers. Maybe the prob is if your questions are just too vague.

I think then the other main problem is filtering the subconscious style communication into conscious style understanding. That's probably the biggest prob of all because the only help I know of for it is practice.
-E

PJ

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Arlene,

I don't know (am no expert) but I often get a sense of motion in my sessions, literally I will be flying or in motion or something. If I were more relaxed at that point I'd think it was sliding into OBE but this usually happens fairly early in a session when I'm very alert.

I did once have a complete OBE while sitting up alert, following a severe emotional shock. I mean I've had plenty while awake before but that one I was totally not in the state of mind for it. I actually panicked, thinking after a bit that my body wasn't breathing and I'd damn well better rehabitate it before it wasn't for rent anymore lol. But usually for me the motion related to potential partial OBE stuff doesn't start happening until I'm really relaxed.

On to other topics in the latter thread -- I've always been told the target is, "The most relevant information about this target." It is not specified 'who' is defining the relevance--in the end it's always the viewer--but the viewer in turn may be assigning that subjective judgement to a trainer, or an analyst, or someone who uses the data to good effect 8 years later... it's just assumed if we're really psychic, that gets worked out.

PJ

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"

Thanks Arlene. That would explain quite a few things, the buzzing in my head sometimes ect... :) Hmm... now If I could just control it... lol that will take some work.