Using the shuf command to setup ARV sessions.

Hey guys,

Have been really busy building things, and it seems right to take a break for sharing a simple note.

The shuf command from the Coreutils package installed by default on most Linux/Unix type systems, and installable using WSL on Windows, Brew for Mac, Termux app for Android, or iSH Shell on iPhone, can be used for setup of any type of ARV session on nearly any device.

To setup a session for a 10 horse race or for Picking lottery digits, one can use the following commands for setup, and execution.

Using the cat command, we will create a text file named 'Options', with one association per line, in this case a-j.

Bash:
cat > Options
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
Once input is complete, we can write the file with Control-D.

Next, we need to create an output file to contain randomized session associations.
Bash:
> Options-Out
Now, with our association options list, and output file, we are ready to run shuf to setup our session.

Bash:
shuf Options -o Options-Out
With our session setup, we are ready to perform. There are various logging methods, and one option I've found is a cli app named jrnl. Search your package manager for it, or use a preferred method of record keeping.

So, we have recorded our session data. Now it is time reveal the associated options we have selected using our preferred ESP ability.

In this example, say this is a ten horse race, and I've just selected association 'b' for first place using my preferred method of muscle testing.

Bash:
cat -n Options-Out
The output will look something like this.

Bash:
     1    j
     2    i
     3    d
     4    c
     5    e
     6    f
     7    a
     8    b
     9    h
    10    g
So, I've just selected horse number 8 for first place.

It's important to keep a record of outcomes and feedback to help better manage resources at risk in the future, based on previous performances. I'm currently using the jrnl app with @hit and @miss tags, but there may be better systems out there.

That's it really. You can see some examples of me using the above commands in a shell script target more advanced things in these videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN7vXoTh9MKudA-yfL2V4Tq8xtgjFtr0d