What dose Remote Viewing feel like?

GB

I was wonder what it felt like while doing remote viewing?
I have used lots of different ways of see over long distances and want to see if it was RV from the way it felt.

thankx in advance

|GB|

Marv_Darley

Staff member
Close your eyes and empty your mind GB. Imagine yourself somewhere you know...conjure up the sensations you encounter at that place in your mind's eye. See it, hear it etc

That`s roughly what remote viewing feels like, albeit reversed. With RV you empty your mind and let the target come to you, whilst trying your best to ignore the analytical workings of your mind (which will be busy trying to peice together the impressions you are receiving.)

The impressions you receive will be fainter, however, and less coherent. You won`t know what the target IS, after all. You may get brief visual flashes, the mental whiff of a smell, a mentally audible sound.

RV is essentially thought reversed; the target manifests itself as thought for you to apprehend. So that's what it feels like. For me, anyway; it goes without saying that this is all highly subjective.

By the way...you`re only Remote Viewing if you have no idea what the target is. The term was constructed around a strict scientific protocol involving the use of double blind controls. A successful Remote Viewing also depends upon clarification of the viewer's data through hard cooberative feedback. (Well, nearly always ;)).

If you had no idea at the time what you were supposed to be viewing and were able to confirm afterwards through feedback that what you `saw` in your mind was actually the target...then you were Remote Viewing. And that`s how it felt.

Marv :)

panamon

*Ninjalicious!*
Well, pretty clear and yet impressive description Marv... :)

I'd like to add that everybody has this ability: there is no reason to say "worder if I will be able to": it's just "HUMAN"...
It's interesting and impressive to strive for the target... and do not know what it is... and when you finally obtain your feedback, then you say: YES! Exactly what I 've thought without knowing it...

Uhm... well... Can't explain with my poor English.

Nevermind: just give it a try ;)

Panamon

daz

Remote viewer, author, artist and photographer.
Staff member
For me remote viewing feels dreamy. Im kind of in between being fully awake and involved in the world around me and part somewhere else moving myself around like a discarnate detective looking for clues.

The real world slips into a state that rests in the background, i feel more sensual as the communication to my senses pulses, and i can feel minute vibrations that create that 'hair on the back of the neck' feeling as i delve into what can only be described as the zone.

I feel blind to the target but if i enquire, if i ask a question of myself the answer is instantaneously there for me. Is it hard? and instantly I know the sensations my fingers encounter as they move over the target. So for me its like being blind but with momentary glimpses of vison - on request.

all the best...

daz

katzenhai2

Ambassador
For me RV feels like I'm slightly 'out of the world': I'm not really aware of my-self, only about the data flowing through the pen to the paper. It a 'being in the zone', when everything flows automatically without conscious interruption. There are moments when I got 'awake' for some seconds and wonder where this or that word came from. Sometimes its so stupid or crazy that I must laugh about what I wrote.

morgan

it differs for me
sometimes i can view in quite a subjective state where i am able to question my thoughts and draw conclusions about things. and sometimes that is even useful. i can say.. eg.. vehicle and liquid and movement.. maybe its a boat. no.. its not a boat. maybe its a sub.. no.. its not a sub..
but that is less practical.

but when you are really hitting.. when you are in the zone
its like ceasing to be. some time vanishes and your hands move and you are just like a tube for information. things are arriving and leaving too quickly and you forget things as soon as you have declared them because the next thing is there.
its such a nice state to be in.

but remote viewing in general.. like marv said.. is like thought in reverse

actually its kind of like remembering.
you know how you sometimes remember things for no apparent reason.. like that.. the way things just occur to you.. and you try and take the useful part of that information.
the memory of wind on your face.. the memory of the taste of rust. the memory of clouds etc.. like a thinner version of experience..

psijunkie

In general remote viewing feels like all the perceptions are layering over top of my "normal" every day perceptions. And I feel absorbed in them. Almost as if I could reach out and touch what I see.

sid

Very interesting, guys. I'm glad you put up this thread. I've been desiring to ask the same question. I have tried to remote view but nothing seems to come up even when I lie for a 10-15 minutes relaxed. In the Monroe tapes that I tried, yes I went numb, lost sensation in my hands, and could feel floating etc. but never have I experienced anything more. I leep listening to the "Transcendence" CD and I wish I would experience more. Once I even heard a continuous siren, once I saw something im my minds eye which I immediately termed a flash of light but I really am yet to experience remote viewing in the real sense.

Also sometimes we don't want to relax. I'm so impatient. I guess this is something I must learn, perhaps practice more meditation and learn to be still.

It is something to really determine if it is a "thought" or not. Like even if you see something, how in the world does one know if it is a mere "thought" or your remote viewing session. When you feel something or smell something, what if it was you're imagination. Like I can keep my mind absolutely still and avoid all thought, then I nothing will come to my mind and if it comes, then I have to term it a thought and should have avoided it. Paradoxical. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I'm kind of frustrated for not having made any progress.

I won't give up though.

And please tell me how to log onto the TKR Gallery so I can view some of the work in there :). When I register myself, it keeps saying that my password has to be more than 6 characters or smth. or some charachters are not allowed. I can't seem to get in.

Sid.

Joe_Black

for me intense concentraction. Sometimes stressful. Feels like listening for something inside your head.

morgan

I have tried to remote view but nothing seems to come up even when I lie for a 10-15 minutes relaxed.
Everyone is different but the thing is.. Remote viewing is *not* a passive endeavour. Its not about laying back and focussing on emptying your mind and fighting to maintain that state with will power. As a matter of fact, you can rv with tv running, with music playing, while holding a conversation in person or on skype. Its a matter of intent.
Like it might help if you imagine it like this (because imagination really is a powerful tool for understanding. some things cant be easily described and the imagination can convert them to concepts you can understand. so understand that this is not how it really works but its close enough to be useful)
Imagine that the target is like a dot on some horizon.. and you kind of mentally turn in that direction to face it head on and then sort of peer into the distance (like imagine its a snowstorm or fog or so) and you can only grab the occasional fleeting impression of what you are looking for.. but you stare into the static and wait for those seconds of clear fragmented impression

I went numb, lost sensation in my hands, and could feel floating etc. but never have I experienced anything more. I leep listening to the "Transcendence" CD and I wish I would experience more. Once I even heard a continuous siren, once I saw something im my minds eye which I immediately termed a flash of light but I really am yet to experience remote viewing in the real sense.
maybe you are expecting it to be something more than it is. its not like in the movies or in moorehouses book.. its not like reality vanishes and you are in some adventure of an alternate world. At least, for the most part not. maybe for some people - but i dont know any of those people.
You dont need to listen to any brain entrainment software. you dont need to have an OBE. Numbness and floating sensations are not going to make it easier to record your perceptions. Most people RV in a sober and focused state. (ok some of us also view in states of semi-sleep-deprivation at times too, but thats not intentionally so)

Also sometimes we don't want to relax. I'm so impatient. I guess this is something I must learn, perhaps practice more meditation and learn to be still.
well if you think it will help. Lots of people meditate and some remote viewers meditate too. Again.. it might help but its not necessary. Its not as if its a prerequisite to getting good information.

It is something to really determine if it is a "thought" or not. Like even if you see something, how in the world does one know if it is a mere "thought" or your remote viewing session. When you feel something or smell something, what if it was you're imagination. Like I can keep my mind absolutely still and avoid all thought, then I nothing will come to my mind and if it comes, then I have to term it a thought and should have avoided it. Paradoxical.
its not about NOT THINKING. you need to think. but its about intending to describe the target. You can write and say affirmations if that will help you to focus your intent.
just describe everything that occurs to you
but more than that.. it helps to focus your attention to look at particular modalities of the target.. like look in the direction of the target and just describe what colours you see or the temperature it feels, how bright or dark it is. if you reach out and touch it, what textures can you feel?, if you were there, what could you hear? smell, taste, how does it make you feel? etc etc.
or you can go for another tack and try to remember the impressions you had when you looked at the FB picture. or.. when you will look at it. (its kind of the same thing)

And please tell me how to log onto the TKR Gallery so I can view some of the work in there :). When I register myself, it keeps saying that my password has to be more than 6 characters or smth. or some charachters are not allowed. I can't seem to get in.
Dont know how you are having any problems with that. keep trying. I just created and registered a new account for a friend right now and there were no problems at all.

http://www.Re: What dose Remote Viewing feel like?

It is something to really determine if it is a "thought" or not. Like even if you see something, how in the world does one know if it is a mere "thought" or your remote viewing session.
Sid,

Yours is the $64,000 question: how to know whether the perceptions you are getting are genuine psi or memories or imagination or other kinds of interference from your own mind.

In my most successful sessions, the genuine psi perceptions are accompanied by a very different kind of feeling. This feeling is so different from any other kind of experience that it is difficult to explain or describe. The best analogy would be the experience you have when you hear a song but can't remember the title or the performer. You get an immediate sense of frustration that kind of eats at you for awhile. Meanwhile, you move on to some sort of mundane, everyday task, and a half-hour to an hour later, all of a sudden the title of the song or the name of the group which performed it suddenly pops in your head and you get the "Aha!" feeling. That is sort of what a really good RV session feels like. As Paul H. Smith says at the following link, which is a simple "How To" guide to remote viewing, "true remote viewing signals....are like half-remembered memories which we nevertheless know are memories you never had before."

http://www.irva.org/SimpleRemoteViewing.html

As Morgan stated earlier, intention is an important part of remote viewing. I adopted the details of my technique from chapter 21 of the book, Mental Radio, by Upton Sinclair. In this chapter Sinclair's wife, Mary Craig Sinclair, gives very detailed step-by-step instructions for achieving what the Sinclairs refer to as telepathy, but is really the same thing as remote viewing. An important part of her technique was to gently command her subconscious to show her the target:

Keep the eyes closed and the body relaxed, and give the order silently, and with as little mental exertion as possible.

However, it is necessary to give it clearly and positively, that is, with concentration on it. Say to the unconscious mind, 'I want the picture which is on the card, or paper, presented to my consciousness.' Say this with your mind concentrated on what you are saying. Repeat, as if talking directly to another self: 'I want to see what is on this card.' Then relax into blankness again, and hold blankness for a few moments, then try gently, without straining, to see whatever forms may appear on the void into which you look with closed eyes.
(p. 107, Mental Radio)

sid

Hi BK,

Thanks for your reply :). Yes I read Mental Radio and Mary Sinclair did say to command the subconscious. I know sometimes things just come into your mind and it's the right answer to a question you asked. Has happened to me sometimes. Could be like Remote Viewing.

Sid.

GB

Thankx everyone for letting me know what it feels like.

I now have a better understanding of what was going on tho still a bit hazey, i had an experiance and this is what happened:

I was at a BBQ in the park with friends and i was leaning against the BBQ when for no reason at all i started to wonder what it would look like to be floating up above the BBQ looking down at myself and the other people around. In a second or so i felt my energy body expand and i was suddenly up there about 10 meters high looking down at myself and the other people standing around the BBQ. I dident relise it straight away, i thought it was my imagination tho it was so reall, when i relised that i was actually looking down from so high up i got really disorientated and next minuet i was looking thru my own eyes, i was still really disorientated and almost fell over and had to sit down.

It was quite an interesting and dizzy making experiance, i would love to do it again and be able to travel cos it felt so real like i was actually there floating and looking down from so high up.

Has anyone experianced this before?
if so can you teach me how you learnt to control it?

|GB|

Thankx in advance

Mycroft

Has anyone experianced this before?
if so can you teach me how you learnt to control it?
Yes, at picnics when I am relaxed and let my guard down, parades and especially at carnivals. Sometimes at wedding receptions, oh wait that might have been something else.

Sounds like you've done fine on your own. To make it go away just become old and cynical. To get it back, reproduce the elation and let your guard down.