What the.......??

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Borderline personalities tend to result in situations like this.

The original agreement HRVG required signing, unless it has significantly changed since 1997, was legally unenforceable for at least half a dozen or more reasons. It was mostly ridiculous and amusing. Wish I still had a copy of it. I got rid of a lot of stuff in mid-98 when I went offline to RV for a few years. I bet someone could post it.

The ability to touch anybody outside the country is pretty close to nil. I seriously doubt that without a LOT of funding assistance anybody's going to be suing people in England and Japan (to any conclusion).

Pretty sure the last 18 years have been mostly the claims that the methods taught at the guild were from a classified program. Either that is true and the military person goes to trial because it's classified and they shared it with civs, or it's no longer classified and nobody can copyright it in that case, or the entire presentation for 18 years has been a lie to begin with which doesn't well support holding a case against anybody else (eg that none of it was classified, he just made it all up all along and pretended, and hence it is 'his').

But oh, the "I told you so" we would hear from so many sources in that case...

Even were the latter (the only defensible position I can see taking if suing) true, Allgire would only need to put his own label on it. Nobody can force him to sign anything, nobody can prevent him from publicly admitting that his incredibly-public-work for nearly two decades was with the guild and that his own stuff is based on "that training plus his own experience and insight." And if the Guild is basically free or materials only for the most part, how would anybody prove substantial monies-lost/injury from someone else sharing their life experience?

Probably I'd counter-sue to have the lawsuit either labeled a nuisance, a harrassment, both of which ask for expenses, or to have it moved to small claims court. There's no reason to have to do defensive suits constantly for some undefined period of time, I agree that would not be affordable or reasonable.

You realize that nobody is any less rational or obsessive than they were a year ago, or six years ago, or ten years ago, here. They are simply pointing that insanity at someone else now and suddenly it's not ok anymore apparently.

PJ

Mycroft

I read this insanity and watch Dick's video, I am not amused. I liked PJ's first line, without making it sound like a diagnosis, she is correct. We have to deal with this at that level and at HRVG only a few have "borderline personalities", not all. Perhaps guilt by association will redirect some of the guild members allegiances.

Merry Christmas,

Mycroft

mscir

“A Remote Viewer shall refrain from any conduct that would bring reproach by or negative attention from the general public, news media, or law enforcement to the remote viewer acting as a remote viewer; the field of remote viewing in general; his or her client, if any; or the Association.”

Right, don't do anything that might offend anyone at any time. Could this be any more general, or meaningless?

Mycroft

Passing thought for Christmas Morning.. thank God the MAJI "drew in the sand" and didn't use a "white board". ;D

Oh sorry, I can hear the groans. But what if Dave Morehouse, Lyn Buchanan and others got all legal on us? How much we would have been deprived?

What if one of Dick Allgire's life contracts is to inspire future Joe McMoneagles? Extrapolate this situation out two thousand years if not properly resolved, how far the human race might devolve?

Be thankful if you live in the moment and realize every moment is an opportunity to enjoy, right a wrong and build a better future.

Mycroft

FB

Why not set up something like a gofundme account so we can make donations to help in the legal costs for those sued for using white boards (what a joke by the way). I'm pretty sure that "prior art" showing the use of white boards for communicating goes back at least 45 years.

Omega

Euphoria = Hitting the Target !! : )
A Call to Action...and Resignation required ! ..... Now ! !

http://www.remoteviewed.com/cease-and-desist/

As I just posted on FB...

I agree with you, Rick. I am not an IRVA member, but when the Vice President of the organization does something like this, then defends it in the way he does, with double talk and misstatements, it is harmful to the field of remote viewing as a whole as well as the individuals he has targeted, and IMO serves IRVA very poorly. He should go.

and I would add...
Dick has suffered a great deal from this, as Daz mentioned in an earlier post on his site. It's ironic that Wheaton cites lack of "loyalty" by Dick in the Cease and Desist letter that he authorized his attorney to send. This legal action is how Wheaton rewards Dick Allgire's 15 or so years of intense devotion and actual loyalty to his teacher and group.

Jon

FB

On a related note.... If one reads the original source document linked at the top of this post. We read in a message from Hitomi:

"I am an independent viewer. I don’t belong to any RV community or HRVG. In fact, HRVG excluded me before I have finished learning their protocol. (They said that the protocols should be taught to only USA citizens due to the national security. I could not be a member because I am a foreign national). However, I am still in touch with Dick. He was highly praising your great work, which are featured in the new DVD."

I believe that Hitomi being excluded from learning the HRVG remote viewing protocols on the basis of national security is a curious thing in and of itself. The last I've heard, the official viewpoint of the US government is that Remote Viewing does not work. Its pseudo-sicence...mumbo jumbo....so why would they give a rats ass who trained in any remote viewing methodologies. Is this the US Government preventing Hitomi from learning the HRVG method? If so, I think that would be of great interest to a lot of us. If not...then that also tells us something important. By the way, I have watched Hitomi's remote viewing of the God particle and the gubment should be worried about her abilities :)

Solaris

What remote viewing "secrets" is HRGV still hiding as it seems they published a lot of them already a while ago.
Anybody can learn and use them. I haven't noticed any warning about content not appropriate for non US citizens etc.
http://www.hrvg.org/article_style1_videos.php?getarticleid=98

snorble

I read the cease and desist letter sent to Dick. There is something else going on here. The letter is absurd. I cannot see a real attorney sending this letter. A real attorney would discuss this with their client, and would tell their client that a technique cannot be copyrighted, only patented. The attorney would cite the patent number, if one existed. The attorney would discuss with their client the difficulty of litigating the use of a technique for demonstrating PSYCHIC FUNCTIONING. Is a judge going to take this seriously? The technique is incredibly generic, writing on a whiteboard, for which the claimed intellectual property amounts to a handful of performances where Glenn used the technique. Those performances could be copyrighted, preventing Dick from selling videos of Glenn's performances, but has no bearing on Dick writing on a whiteboard. That a real attorney would entertain this seems very questionable. Further we do not see the attorney's name. HRVG's only prayer is that Dick cannot fund a defense, or Glenn is embarking on this at the request of the government and the fix is in. I don't know what is going on, but what is being presented throws up all kinds of red flags. Maybe the old saying is true, never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. If Glenn had not admitted to this letter, I would even suspect it was forged, but that's obviously not true at this point. Dick's defense must be funded. Glenn and HRVG's names are now a punchline. What a mess, no one wins here.

mscir

I hope one of the HRVG "secrets" isn't that they went back in time and taught Ingo everything he knew, so they own all of it, lol.

Solaris

Don't give them more ammunition ;D this is sufficiently insane already.
Nothing adds up in this story. I have started milking this "non US citizen" part as it sounds very schizophrenic to me but obviously nothing beats the whiteboard nonsense. I am amazed that graffiti (on walls) hasn't been patented yet.

FB

Speaking of white boards...if it were me being threatened with legal action...I would take a look at my whiteboard, whiteboard marking pens & erasers (which may well have their own associated patents). Contact the manufacturers of those products and let them know that an outside entity has claimed legal rights as to what may be done with their products and how they may be used.

mscir

I wonder if they'd sue Samuel Clemens for having a character in his book influence people to whitewash fence boards.

John Cook, who is a new member of the Board of Directors at IRVA, posted this:

"For those who may have interest - Over the holidays, as many of you know, we had to deal with the fall-out from a dispute between one of IRVA's board members, Glenn Wheaton, and Dick Allgire, one of Glenn’s long-time associates and a past Remote Viewing Conference presenter. Once we were able to get all of the board members together to confer, and had discussed the situation, it was decided that even though the dispute was not directly related to IRVA, it was appropriate to place Glenn on administrative leave from his board and officer duties, pending the satisfactory outcome of negotiations between him and Dick. It now appears that the two of them have come to a mutual agreement, and so effective Friday, Glenn will be back to normal status on the board."

It is disgusting that the person in question can do what he did, and the IRVA Board is willing to reinstate him, just like that, apparently still as Vice President, since "the two of them have come to a mutual agreement". Apparently 'No apology needed, folks! Let's just move on.'

Many questions remain - Daz has raised them elsewhere and perhaps here as well.

What about the substantial money Dick had to put out?
What about Hitomi's session and its use in public?
What about the white board claim by Wheaton and HRVG?
What about sessions done by those who received HRVG training - who owns them?
What about fees Farsight may have incurred (and damage to their goodwill)?
What about the refusal by the IRVA Vice President to fully train "foreign nationals" - how does this square with IRVA being the (supposed) International Remote Viewing Association?

Does Glenn Wheaton renounce any of the claims he made previously? The claims affect not just Dick, Hitomi, Daz, and
Farsight, but others in the field (e.g. the white board claim).

And not least - What about the damage done to IRVA's reputation and the entire field of remote viewing by the actions of Wheaton and HRVG?

Jon

Gene_Smith

Administrator
Staff member
While I fully appreciate all the principles and standards being torn asunder everywhere you look in this matter I find it truly ironic that it is Dick Allgire at the center of it pleading about all the injustice in regards to himself.

For years on the HRVG forum Dick Allgire and Glenn Wheaton operating as a team bullied, threatened legal action, and even used students private practice sessions wherein they quoted selected portions of to mock and control anyone they saw as getting out of line or who had the audacity to raise uncomfortable questions. Those here who followed the forum there over the years can attest to this as fact. So to now have Mr. Allgire crying about how unfair he is being treated, while totally true, considering the history of it, it’s hard not to opine: Well it seemed quite acceptable behavior when you were doing it to your own students or anyone else you didn’t like, why has it now suddenly become wrong?

Gene Smith

I surf around quite a bit to maintain 120+ and have visited the HRVG forum over the years, but I missed the events you describe. I had heard that Dick A and Daz had been at odds - till these recent years working projects together for the Farsight Institute.

What you say puts it in a different light all right.

Jon