Where to start?

reefus

Hello all!
Just wondering if anyone could advise me on whereabouts to start in RV. All my life ive felt like theres someone watching over me, offering me advice that I cant hear for some infuriating reason. I think through RV maybe i could 'hear' this voice..... can anyone help? :-/

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
Hi Reefus!

Where to start? Start right here on this forum...it's loaded with a huge amount of information. I wish I had had such a resource when I first started!!

Your best bet, at first, is to concentrate reading on the General topic message board, which is the same place as where you posted your message.

Start by reading all that you can to gain an overview as well as some fine tuning. On the left side of your screen, you will see an area called Free Methods ~ this offers information on various methods of RVing...and FREE which makes it even more appealing ;)

There are many here with much knowledge and are very willing to share when questions are asked. At first, the more you are exposed to and the more you learn, the more questions you will have!. :eek:...Sorry, but it's the truth ~ one question leads to another to another..so don't become discouraged. Hang in with us. :D

The temptation is to expose yourself to more than can be absorbed readily...so pace yourself, ask all your questions and then enjoy ( of course, this would be AFTER all the confusion :-/ )

EricT

Reefus-

I am new to this arena myself.  After a year in, I highly suggest the following:

1- Remote Viewing Secrets, by Joseph McMoneagle.  Buy it, read it.  Great overview by a no BS author.

2- The monroe institute.  This is more... psi than RV per se, but, learning to meditate has helped me calm my mind, learn to listen to the quieer things.  They have some great stuff.  www.hemi-sync.com  Check out the gateway series.

3- Read here!  Lots of good info, lots of newbie questions asked too.  Dont be shy!  Ask away, really.

Theres more, but in the spirit of not overwhelming you, thats a good set of info to start with.

And, btw, welcome to TKR!

Eric

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
Hi reefus,

All my life ive felt like theres someone watching over me, offering me advice that I cant hear for some infuriating reason. I think through RV maybe i could 'hear' this voice..... can anyone help?
Well it's possible that RV can put you in better touch with your intuition.  However, I am not sure RV is really the right road for this. This is sort of like wanting to get a ride to the grocery store and so setting out to build your own vintage Model T, piece by piece.  A bit of overkill and most the efforts wouldn't really be focused on your end goal.

The Monroe Institute has a residency program called "Guidelines" that I attended a couple of years ago. It is specifically about getting in touch with 'inner guidance' in a variety of forms.  I found it a fascinating and occasional amazing experience.  You do have to take their 'Gateway' course first (well worth it though) but since they specifically have something related to what you ask I thought I would mention them.

Concerning RV proper, the advice you got from the folks above is good.  Get Joe's book, read websites including this one (and I recommend the FAQ at Firedocs, my site, see my sig for the address), don't be afraid to ask questions --

-- and don't be afraid to just jump in and try it and see what happens. :)

PJ

PS Whoops I forgot my admin login doesn't have that sig. OK, websites I recommend first (I am totally biased and subjective here :)) are:

http://www.firedocs.com/remoteviewing/
(see the FAQ for example)
http://www.tenthousandroads/wbbs/
(you are here! good.)
http://www.lfr.org/csl/
(science info and interesting) and
http://www.remote-viewing.com
(ARV info and a nice, simple intro to the RV topic).

jimk

"All my life ive felt like theres someone watching over me, offering me advice that I cant hear for some infuriating reason. I think through RV maybe i could 'hear' this voice..... can anyone help? "

Hehe, just a word of caution, if you ever get a psych-eval after you start doing RV, they may ask you questions such as:

Do you hear voices?

Sure, all the time, this one time, I bilocated and saw Alexander the Great and overheard him saying...

So you see things too?

Yea, not all the time, but sometimes. I just wish it happened more often...

Nurse, this guy needs help!!!

:)

Joking aside, with RV, you may be able to find answers to your questions, if not, it may change your worldview in such a way that the questions you had are all of a sudden not important. Either way, you'll come out of it knowing more about the World and yourself than you did before. It is a win-win situation in most cases.

Good luck!

Jim K.