Your 1st Target Pep Rally

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
I'm sure there are many members who have yet to do their 1st target session...and are itching to get started, while at the same time, hesitant if not downright dragging their feet .

Before the TKR Gallery is ready, how about we get all the nerves and the doubts and the dreads out in the open so we can try and help each other 'slay the dragons' ;)

What are the worries, the not sure's, the what if I don't get anything....kinds of thoughts that go through your mind.

For those approaching your first time target, you are so fortunate to be doing it with this group NOW is the time.....do it now and take advantage of all the help/knowledge that is here.

Well......come on...... ;)

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Well, considering my first target or not (I have so far only done 6), I know the idea of rendering thoughts as if they respresented something that I claim to know about an unknown was an interesting struggle to deal with.

Thoughts would arrise like, how can I be sane while rendering what I claim to be something pertaining to something that I do not know, what kind of freak have I become.

I now just laugh out load when I look at a coordinate. I shake my head and say inside of myself, this is amazing, this little alphanumeric representation is my ticket to the world of latent powers of observation and whatnot.

That is a type of ungrounding moment to be aware of while being in the middle of. If you time your awareness just right, you will giggle inside from the puzzle of it all.

I love it.......

BC/EC

Rocheleh

When I did my first target, I was SO seriously worried about my writing, I really really wanted to keep it legible, and in the process spent more time crafting my letters than being at the target itself... and the worst part of this was, this effort wasn't really done consciously, I realized this only when I looked back on my first couple sessions, the way my writing got a lot more "free", liberated from... uh, what? The yoke of legibility, I guess ;D I soon succumbed the other side, when I could barely make out my writing... I think it's more or less settled now, it doesn't get any less legible than my university notes :D without any conscious effort to keep it that way.

Yeah, you can tell I'm a young one... but this much? :eek:

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"
As I read this post it brought back some memories that make me sad and others that now, just make
me laugh.

On that note, I would like to pass on some advise that was given to me. This is to those who have yet to do
their first target session, or are considering taking up RV in one form or another.

1st thing. Before you start, get a copy of Joe McMoneagle's book "MIND TREK" and read it. Pay
attention to the section that covers (I forget the chapter, sorry) belief structures and what changes Joe went
through, also the part about getting from believing to knowing. I wish I had paid better attention to
those parts of his book.
I might have lessened the impact of the changes that I had to go through.

2nd and very important. FIND A MENTOR. Someone you can call and talk to that has been doing RV
for several years. He or She can help you in ways I can't begin to explain. Sometimes just by listening.

3rd be prepared. Because it will change you and your life. It will also change your relationships with
others.

4th Find an outlet or sounding board. When you first start, there will be times you will find yourself so
excited when you get your feedback, you'll feel like you have to tell someone. (word of warning, some
families and or spouses will think your nuts, so be careful who you share with) A Mentor is invaluable at
this point.

One other thought here, something I was told, and have found to very true: As you go forward with RV,
there will be those who will not come with you.

I always feel a little sad when I think about that. There is a cost associated with it.

I don't wish to come off negatively here. I just want those who are starting down this road to be better prepaired than I was for the changes that are ahead of them. ;)

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
Well done, T-bone

ooops, that is too funny, I did not intend on that intro to sound like I was discribing a stake being cooked. ::)

Good advise.

BC/EC

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
My spelling monster strikes again.....

I used the word stake instead of the word steak.... ::)

aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

sorry T-bone...... ;D

BC/EC

modified, 9/6/03....advise should have been advice....(in the begining I was torn between two user names, spellingcritter and energycritter, what a toss up... :p )

modification rev. 2, 9/6/03...this should have been in my post above....with the word advise....whew!.....my head is still attached....)

polkadotpuhjommies

.... don't be ambiguious with your intent ~
EC...that was funny about the well done T-Bone :D

2nd and very important. FIND A MENTOR. Someone you can call and talk to that has been doing RV for several years. He or She can help you in ways I can't begin to explain. Sometimes just by listening.

If you can't find a mentor in your area, be sure to use this forum.

3rd be prepared. Because it will change you and your life. It will also change your relationships with others.

The first changes I noticed were subtle and not very disruptive to relationships. This has changed in the past 3-4 months. There are clearly areas that used to, at the least, entertain me but bore me now.
Co-workers will be gossiping, whispering, and making remarks about others or what seems to wind up in the end being a negative. I no longer attempt to even join in on any level. They don't know what to make of me because I'm always pleasant, always ready to chip in with what needs to be done, I never preach or sermonize and they have no clue about this part of my life....but I am VERY aware of their unasked questions..and they are not even sure in their own minds what the questions really are but I know they feel uncertain or confused by me ~ yet they like me and we get along but I will never be 'one of the group buddies'.

4th Find an outlet or sounding board. When you first start, there will be times you will find yourself so excited when you get your feedback, you'll feel like you have to tell someone. (word of warning, some
families and or spouses will think your nuts, so be careful who you share with) A Mentor is invaluable at
this point.
again, use this forum ! We will not only enjoy what you have to say, but also understand it !

One other thought here, something I was told, and have found to very true: As you go forward with RV,

Some less important relationships will fade rather quickly...the other more important ones will fade more slowly and seeming suddenly, you no longer have much in common.....and yes, this feels sad, but keep in mind that in exchange, you will receive something else of value.
T-Bone ~ I'm really glad you brought up these points. The changes one goes through is not often spoken of - especially about the things we leave behind us. There is much bitter/sweet in this process.

It is so important to find ways of keeping grounded and keep a postive frame of mind. I retired from the business world almost 2 years ago and have been very happy and content with my less hectic life....too happy and content I realized.

I realized that I was too willing to let things go..too willing to 'go my own way', too willing to enjoy solitude, too willing for several other things. My remedy was to work part time ( 2 days a week) as a Pharmacy Tech where I am forced to interact with people constantly. Because of the nature of the job, I am always kept aware of the difficulties others are having, the hardships of illness and/or the lack of money for the needed medications. I deal with people when they are NOT at their best ~ which oddly, seems to bring out some of the best of myself. I have been doing this for about 3-4 months and know now that I made a wise decision.

energycritter

energycritter@y ahoo.com
1st thing.  Before you start, get a copy of Joe McMoneagle's book "MIND TREK" and read it.  Pay
attention to the section that covers (I forget the chapter, sorry) belief structures and what changes Joe went
through, also the part about getting from believing to knowing. I wish I had paid better attention to
those parts of his book.
I might have lessened the impact of the changes that I had to go through.

yea

2nd and very important.  FIND A MENTOR.  Someone you can call and talk to that has been doing RV
for several years.  He or She can help you in ways I can't begin to explain.  Sometimes just by listening.

TKR works well for this.

3rd be prepared.  Because it will change you and your life.  It will also change your relationships with
others.

Yes, be sober minded as you empliment and apply any of this to your life. Changes do not seem to be avoidable (that is how I would think that all of life should be) and how the changes will affect others in your life will become of importance, especially if the others are close and sensitive to your changes when they happen. The changes can be so subtle and yet more captivating than you would ever imagine a change to be in life. Believe, intend or even invoke to recieve wisdom if you feel you lack it, wisdom can be a way to term the understanding that enables us to make micro-managed decisions correctly so to avoid unwanted negative results associated with your positive evolution.

4th Find an outlet or sounding board.  When you first start, there will be times you will find yourself so
excited when you get your feedback, you'll feel like you have to tell someone.  (word of warning, some
families and or spouses will think your nuts, so be careful who you share with)  A Mentor is invaluable at
this point.

Again, TKR....

I always feel a little sad when I think about that.  There is a cost associated with it.

Count the cost, prepare to pay, make the investment and sit back and recieve the bounty, the reward, the glory of being human on new levels.

I don't wish to come off negatively here.  I just want those who are starting down this road to be better prepaired than I was for the changes that are ahead of them.   ;)
Such an important thread....I am filled with ways to discuss this issue....I like these considerations within life, thanks for throwing them in T-bone....

BC/EC

modification, 9/6/03....cool, the blue text inside of the quote....it worked... ;D I was actually posting this to see if I could correctly post with the added text inside of the quote, I am getting the hang of this text editor functionality within these posts. Yippy....EC

T-bone

"Are you threatening me?"
Thanks to all of you for your kind words. As you might have guessed, I went down this road unprepaired and suffered the consiquences. Seems like a long time ago now, but there are times I am reminded of it. The good news is, if you do travel down this path, there are rewards at the end as you have pointed out. Looking back, knowing the person I was then, I'm glad I made the trip...

:)

W

wizopeva

You know, I did hear a lot of the warnings about taking the path of psi, how it changes you and you might feel alone later, etc. But at that time, I don' t think I was really in a place to grok it. SOmetimes I wonder if the only good it did was to make is so I can't now complain that I didn't know. ;D Still, I'm glad I took this path. But I do agree that change is difficult and there is a sadness knowing that people might think I'm loony if I try to discuss many of my rv theories with them. There are many little things that can add up if you let them. I like the idea of working hard at keeping contact with the mainstream world as well. I suspect it probably does a lot to help keep one grounded.
-E

EricT

Eva-

I couldnt agree more. To stray off topic just a bit... I see now, into my first year RVing, that other people really do see psi as a belief system regarless of any research or proof, and the sad fact of it all is, you will lose friends. I have been lucky enough to run into a few good people that are into this sort of thing, but for the most part, were I to hang my RV for hire sign out my window, I know how many other friends I would lose as well. It is a tough road, but one well worth traveling.

There is nothing to compare with seeing your first hit. I mean a really good "how did I get that specific" hit. The transference from believing, or wanting to believe RV works to having it stare you right in the face and say "No. This is not belief, it is truth. " And KNOW it works. That, IMHO, will change a person forever. Hopefully for the better! lol (usually for the better. just dont rv pi for more than 1 year and you should be fine)

!

EricT