Your Personal Method

Glenda

It would be interesting to read about others' methods for viewing the computer targets, briefly described. I orient myself to the time and target numbers/letters (or I tend to jump), try to relax, and wait for an image. Sometimes, I see myself walking around, hunting and asking to "see" the target though I'm not sure who I'm asking, myself? I try to use touch and smell and other senses, not just sight. I try to keep other thoughts and my imagination out of it, just what is there. That's tough sometimes.

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
As the target is always the-thing-itself and NOT the feedback (unless one is specifically targeting "the feedback for this session"), I don't view tasks gotten from computer systems any differently than tasks gotten from individuals or group taskings.

I ignore all numbers. Dates. And usually all frontloading. I prefer to view and then generate a task for it. When I number my sessions it's based on how I use my lab books, where it's book#.target#.session#, so for example 6.14.3 would be the third session on the 14th target addressed in the sixth book.

PJ

PJ

Administrator
Staff member
P.S. I'm sorry if I came across a bit terse. Between work and coding in the night I'm a little bit fried the last couple days is all. :)

PPS Now that the dojo has viewer home pages, you can customize it. I'm hoping we eventually get people who will put pretty pictures or art or great quotes as their home area. It helps get to know people better than the options in there we've had so far.

Glenda

No you didn't come across as terse, just factual and stating without sugar coating or nice, southern extra words. It made me wonder if I'm always searching for the target or sometimes searching for the feedback. Food for thought.

Glyn

Hi Glenda,

When I am viewing in the Galleries I like to stay in front of the computer and type straight in the box. I will obtain the target ref Nos from the system, and then close my eyes and try to quiet my mind, and wait for impressions to 'occur'.

Sometimes I will vary that and one of the things I do is sit myself down at my computer and get the target numbers as before, and then close my eyes and imagine myself in my front garden where there is a low wall between my house and the street. I will visualise actually being outside standing on the flagstones, looking over at the wall. I will then imagine myself turning in a circle on the spot, looking around me and 'seeing' the house, car, plants, trees and then eventually move back to face the low wall. Then when I feel ready and relaxed I will run forward and jump over the wall (still in my imagination of course :)). It is my intent that once I 'land' then I am at the target and will start looking and feeling around and actively trying to pick up impressions. I have had some really interesting experiences using that technique, or others similar to it. Some are even sillier. ;)

Nothing is guaranteed of course, and we all get good and bad sessions, but I find that varying things can heighten interest and add to the fun...both IMO good for psi.

Glyn

Glenda

Thanks for replying. I just logged on to learn. That is all. I'll think about your method. Thanks for describing it.

Glenda

Thank-you Glyn for posting. I might give that a try! Do you post on the RV site? If so, under what name because I try to read posters there. If you choose not to post, that's fine too. Thanks for posting!

Mycroft

Glyn said:
Then when I feel ready and relaxed I will run forward and jump over the wall (still in my imagination of course :)). It is my intent that once I 'land' then I am at the target and will start looking and feeling around and actively trying to pick up impressions. I have had some really interesting experiences using that technique, or others similar to it. Some are even sillier. ;)

The method you describe is also mentioned in Win Wenger's "Einstein Factor". I was doing the exercise for knowing what will be going on five years in the future. I told my better half, my Reiki Teacher, people that would keep me grounded in the exercise and would appreciate me telling them if it worked.

I did not understand the why I understood the where, but I was PO'ed when I realized it had finally come true. (to the letter)

Yeah, that method works just fine, just becareful for what you ask for.

Mycroft

Glenda

Some people are viewers. Some people are those that help viewers exist and learn and what not. It is all good and important. Viewers need support at time. It is very hard, especially those sessions that are odd or hit dead on. Some people need to be the smart people who can explain how it works or supportive? There are the explainers for viewers. I have noticed them before. They study and help viewers. There are like artists who just paint and agents who know everything else.

Glyn,

What a truly innovative technique! I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I hit a dry spell.

I try to go through the same routine every time I remote view. I don't pay any attention to the target designation. I just say to myself (and I even say it out loud) - "show me the target." Then, if I am destined to have a good session that day, the "magic" begins. In a little while the "perceptions" will start filtering in. Most often visual, but they can be other types as well, especially tactile.

I always write and/or draw my session notes on paper, even when I am working a target at the Dojo. I bought a scanner several years ago for the express purpose of scanning my RV session notes.

I try to keep other thoughts and my imagination out of it, just what is there. That's tough sometimes.

Of course, that is the heart of the matter. How well you can shut down the "mental chatter" determines how good a remote viewer you will be. So often, the RV "signal" is so subtle, so faint. The human brain is a pattern-matching engine. It continually wants to butt in with its interpretaton of the RV perceptions. The longer you can hold it off and just observe, the better off you will be.

Jen

Well Glyn,

I used it in my last mission here in the dojo - that was so much fun. I'm not real interested in the data though... do you think that I should concentrate more or something? I just get so wrapped up in the moment.../s.

Thank you so much for that idea. I want to do that again! I'll be well next time... only trouble is... it could take a long time i'd think. Is that right?

It took me just under half an hour to write stuff that was going on. And that was nothing compared to what was happening at the time. Its difficult to write it up... so much stuff that I could never have any clue about.

I remember (in my churchie days) I could be in that state for the majority of a day and if on... retreat?... days at a time. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Thanks again and cheers... Jen

Glyn

Mycroft said:
The method you describe is also mentioned in Win Wenger's "Einstein Factor". I was doing the exercise for knowing what will be going on five years in the future. I told my better half, my Reiki Teacher, people that would keep me grounded in the exercise and would appreciate me telling them if it worked.

I've been meaning to read that book Mycroft. The idea for the wall jumping thing was taken from some of the techniques I learned for doing ERV back when I started about 13 years ago. The idea of course is to imagine yourself doing soething unusual to keep the conscious mind occupied so the psi impressions can come in better. There are loads of ways...as many as the imagination can dream up, but like any technique they do not always work....dammit.

I'm glad that you had success Mycroft. It's spine-tingling when it works isn't it?

Glyn

Jen said:
I used it in my last mission here in the dojo - that was so much fun. I'm not real interested in the data though... do you think that I should concentrate more or something? I just get so wrapped up in the moment.../s.

That depends what works for you Jen, and you will find that out with experience. That method I mentioned is not written in stone or better than any other technique of that type, but I find it fun. It's not really a method for doing RV, it is a way of keeping the conscious mind occupied so any psi impressions I get may be 'cleaner'. There are lots of these 'visualisation' type exercises out there, and you may find a better one....or why not invent one of your own? I think the key (or one of them), may be not concentrating on anything actually, but trying to quiet the mind and wait for things to pop into your awareness.

I usually use CRV that I learned from Dave Morehouse when he came to the UK in 2004. I have been trained in the HRVG method and also took Ed Dame's RV course. No matter what method though there is one thing I have learned for sure.....when I am 'on' the data-flow is easier. I find that happens when I am relaxed and lighthearted and am not bothered about the results. I don't mean I don't care if I miss the target, but I am not stressed or anxious about it...if it happens it happens. It is a particular mood, and something that I cannot control, but I have come to recognise it over the years. My 'Holy Grail' would be trying to find out why that happens so it can happen more often :D. Some researchers have noticed that mood can influence psi results and some propose tht it could be because of EM fields influencing bio-chemical production in the pineal gland, and that is an interesting course to follow, as it ties up with a lot of historical 'metaphysical observations re the 'third-eye', as well as the more scientific sidereal time research of James Spottiswoode and others. There is a researcher, attached to the UK Society for Psychical Research (Adrian Ryan), who is pursuing this line, and I am keeping an eye on his work.

Aghhh, I am waffling, you may not be remotely interested in that, but there is info on the net if you are. End session. ;D

Mycroft

Glyn said:
I'm glad that you had success Mycroft. It's spine-tingling when it works isn't it?

Indeed it is! This particular exercise I had to wait the five years but it came true.

I'm appreciative of your theories of keeping the mind busy, then springing the trap so to speak. In the spring of 2005 I was in the habit of meditating by doing RV sessions at TKR if I got to work before 7AM. One of the senior problem children saw me, came in and slammed his bag on the desk across from me. Instantly I bilocated and wrote down and drew what I saw, I smiled at him and said Good Morning! The view I had captured in my mind was more detailed and more panoramic than the feedback picture provided.

It has happened several times like that if a sudden sharp noise occurs. So yes a timed distraction will certainly do it.

edited to add:
Perhaps it is a combination of keeping the mind distracted until just the right time and then the release. I'm already considering the connotations where Daz would say you put in the order for the perception and the mind downloaded and constructed the whole thing before you peeked. I should set my mind to this for a while..

Mycroft

psijunkie

Mycroft, I think there are some interesting parallels between the psi "methods of response" Rhea White described and what you have written above.

Here is one quote that seems relevant:
"[...]As long as we are conscious, we cannot get rid of conscious attention; but we canget it off the desired target and employ it elsewhere so that the target image is free to come of itself. Instead of going at this blankness directly, the Sinclair-Carlson method appears to be an ingenious way of "taking the mind by surprise." This is indicated by Mrs. Carlson when she says it is like "... leaning against a door with all your might-and suddenly the door opens unexpectedly!" Perhaps there could be no better way to carry out Warcollier's dictum that "One must create in oneself a void of thought.""

http://aspr.com/methods.htm